Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really hope its not a twist n' splash, they are some of the most boring rides to exist. Without the cannons it would be even worse, but as people have said with them it would be essentially the same type of ride as the splash battle in dragon land.

Reactions: mainejeff
My curiosity is piqued. I mean, the Twist n Splash is basically just a spinning flat with water. Make the boats ornate, add some fountains to the main platform. Projection map an animated celestial scene of Apollo in his chariot on the inside of the dome. Throw is some Epic original music.

I could see it working.

It all comes down to theming. The right lighting and music can make almost any flat ride interesting. Look at Tea Cups in Magic Kingdom. Imagine that with a celestial overlay (stars, galaxies, images from James Webb, etc.). It would be like if Tea Cups and a Planetarium had a baby. Throw in some upbeat dance or techno music (or a fast orchestral) and keep the lights dim and it sounds good on paper.

Want the technical response? It's not a carousel but a merry-go-round.

Also I still hear the monsters coaster is family focused.

That's awesome! Can totally see it being something like this....and I hope that it is!

One of the original ride concepts for Great Adventure was a "Sea Carousel" where the horses (I guess sea horses) were supposed to be over water somehow. The World of Sid & Marty Croft had a "Crystal Carousel" (translucent horses):

July-1975-Dynamite-magazine-Krofft-Land-of-the-Lost-Sleestaks-3.jpg

I've been envisioning this carousel to be a hybrid of those ideas. Kind of translucent figures representing the constellations or something, suspended above water with a platform that raises and lowers like a Mack Twist-N-Splash does. But I don't work for UC, so my idea is just in my head.

We'll see soon enough...

A "carousel" over water seems like it has more cons than pros. I accept that it is a cool concept but I am just imagining all the cell phones, wallets and babies dropped in there. Just an extra feature that could possibly cause downtime. Unless they do something really cool like have colored lights under the water to create a prismatic trippy wave like illusion. So the water isn't just static but rippling and changing colors.

One of the original ride concepts for Great Adventure was a "Sea Carousel" where the horses (I guess sea horses) were supposed to be over water somehow. The World of Sid & Marty Croft had a "Crystal Carousel" (translucent horses):

July-1975-Dynamite-magazine-Krofft-Land-of-the-Lost-Sleestaks-3.jpg

I've been envisioning this carousel to be a hybrid of those ideas. Kind of translucent figures representing the constellations or something, suspended above water with a platform that raises and lowers like a Mack Twist-N-Splash does. But I don't work for UC, so my idea is just in my head.

We'll see soon enough...
This is a very cool idea.