Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any chance of Epic Universe opening before 2025? Like, October 2024? I just can't wait anymore...
You mean officially? No. Technical rehearsals right at the end of '24, possible, but doubtful. I think in Summer '24 they will start to look for commissioning teams. Maybe in the beginning of '25 tech rehearsals. It really would make sense to hold up general public opening until after Summer '25, and just have select vacation packages in the summer.

You mean officially? No. Technical rehearsals right at the end of '24, possible, but doubtful. I think in Summer '24 they will start to look for commissioning teams. Maybe in the beginning of '25 tech rehearsals. It really would make sense to hold up general public opening until after Summer '25, and just have select vacation packages in the summer.
From what I’ve heard, I don’t even see previews possible till January 2025 at the absolute earliest, and even that’s pushing it. Before that does not seem possible though.

If there's anything I've learned from the history of theme parks, it's that you can never open a park too early ;)

USF reading this:
giphy.gif

As for previews, with the lands being self contained, it does offer more possibilities..

The entire park will be previewed by TM's extensively to make sure everything is running as smooth as possible. I would doubt that they will have too many public previews if that was what you are insinuating.
I guess I was insinuating that SNW may get previews publicly (even if a day or two), but not the Ministry as that is being rumored as the biggest ride in the park.

I guess I was insinuating that SNW may get previews publicly (even if a day or two), but not the Ministry as that is being rumored as the biggest ride in the park.
So looking into it, Universal Bejing started public previews 20 days before opening day. I remember how Shanghai Disney did their previews as well, it was around that same amount of time. I'm sure there will be AP previews which can be complementary, but if they ever require anyone to pay for a preview, then i'd expect that they would try to run the whole park as if it's fully operational so that TMs get a proper feel for things and how the park will feel when it's busier. Extensive stress testing will be needed to get TMs used to the new park and new areas.

I'm sure we get AP previews to prevent an opening-day onslaught. (For those that buy into 3-park aps).
Will be interesting to see what happens with APs. I think most likely they'll have an expensive 4-park AP and keep the existing 2-park and 3-park ones. Or they could have it where there is no AP for Epic in the beginning, but AP holders can get a discount to get in. I also imagine us TMs will get a decent preview window, but then we'll be largely blocked-out.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Will be interesting to see what happens with APs. I think most likely they'll have an expensive 4-park AP and keep the existing 2-park and 3-park ones. Or they could have it where there is no AP for Epic in the beginning, but AP holders can get a discount to get in. I also imagine us TMs will get a decent preview window, but then we'll be largely blocked-out.
Yes. Seems like that could go a number of different ways in the first year or two.

Reactions: anihilnation
Yes. Seems like that could go a number of different ways in the first year or two.
It does help that SNW will already have opened in Hollywood---and has been open in Japan---so the drive of one fanbase might be slightly less. It will still be mad though, lol, the park is probably designed for queues that take the entire day :D

What will be nice is the overall stress relief on the original parks

That's really one of the reasons this is happening at all
Yes....the parks have been too overcrowded, for their capacity, with the post covid splash. It will be nice to get back to the comfortable, leisurely, Universal we used to be able to experience staying on site. I'll stay at the old resort when Epic opens,
to enjoy the Universal I liked before the Disney type crowds flooded the resort. Universal Studios & IOA just don't have the capacity to handle 11 million plus crowds for each park, especially with three closed large live entertainment theaters and no parade.

Last edited: