Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes....the parks have been too overcrowded, for their capacity, with the post covid splash. It will be nice to get back to the comfortable, leisurely, Universal we used to be able to experience staying on site. I'll stay at the old resort when Epic opens,
to enjoy the Universal I liked before the Disney type crowds flooded the resort. Universal Studios & IOA just don't have the capacity to handle 11 million plus crowds for each park, especially with three closed large live entertainment theaters and no parade.
Yes an the opening of Epic will allow them to close and redo some areas that are essential at the current moment

Remember how awful Studios was without Mummy?

Do people really think they are going to replace that attraction anytime soon ?

I just don’t see them touching for at least 10 years. Maybe do some minor updates but completely getting rid of it is out of the question.
If it wasn't for the covid delays in everything, it may have already started. It's a black pit in guest satisfaction and it's low ridership doesn't do much to help the Studio's capacity issues.
Just my guess, from rumors floated before covid.....Heck, it was shut down for awhile, which is amazing for a new E/D ticket. Says a lot.

If it wasn't for the covid delays in everything, it may have already started. It's a black pit in guest satisfaction and it's low ridership doesn't do much to help the Studio's capacity issues.
Just my guess, from rumors floated before covid.....Heck, it was shut down for awhile, which is amazing for a new E/D ticket. Says a lot.
Fair enough but I still believe they will tackle other areas first before they touch that ride.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Very true, waits are much too long for this time of the year.
They've really never slowed down during 2022, except for a rare week or two here and there.....First time I've stayed away from Universal this long, and for another year or so at least. It's too damn crowded, and
they're not doing much to alleviate the situation.....Yes, I know Epic is coming, but that doesn't help matters for the next almost three years......Really, the only thing that might slow things down is an economic
slowdown or recession.

They've really never slowed down during 2022, except for a rare week or two here and there.....First time I've stayed away from Universal this long, and for another year or so at least. It's too damn crowded, and
they're not doing much to alleviate the situation.....Yes, I know Epic is coming, but that doesn't help matters for the next almost three years......Really, the only thing that might slow things down is an economic
slowdown or recession.
When I walk to my venue it often feels little different than when it was July. I think the Holiday period might be nightmarish

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yes....the parks have been too overcrowded, for their capacity, with the post covid splash. It will be nice to get back to the comfortable, leisurely, Universal we used to be able to experience staying on site. I'll stay at the old resort when Epic opens,
to enjoy the Universal I liked before the Disney type crowds flooded the resort. Universal Studios & IOA just don't have the capacity to handle 11 million plus crowds for each park, especially with three closed large live entertainment theaters and no parade.

Yup - USF needs to focus the next 10 years on replacing outdated attractions and refurbishing areas of the park to add.

IOA needs to add entertainment capacity AND not close before 8:00PM

CityWalk also needs to start adding capacity/improving guest flow. The Coca-Cola icon stand area needs to be reimagined as it is currently a bottleneck.

UOR overall needs its own version of Project Stardust from Disneyland.

There's no reason for IOA to close before 9:00 PM anymore.

I think up until now Universal did a lot positive things for USF.
Adding Transformers in a unused lot was smart.
The Today Cafe is a great refresh and added a bit more seating.
Diagon Alley is a win, loosing Jaws was tough but more guests get entertained on that plot of land than ever before.
The fountain show is the first night time show worth watching.
The replacement of the aging T2-3D is a worthy replacement.
Jimmy Fallon gets better guest satisfaction than Twister and take them about 20 minutes off the streets to entertain them on what is a very small piece of land.
Additional streetmosphere with the new dance group looks a ton of fun.
The update for Mummy can keep this around for at least another 15 years.

Coming up is more Minions, who are insanely popular. I expect the queue to be a hit and the "ride" to be a headache so this will be a mixed bag. I bet the restaurant will see more traffic than the nicely themed but rather bad monsters cafe. Not a lost as we get a whole new land in the future.

The bad is that we lost the Graveyard Revue and Disaster that was replaced by a real disaster; F&F. A huge lot that is now worthless in relieving crowd issues. I'm sure merch wise it doesn't live up to expectations.
We lost the parade. A new parade could keep guests busy but it needs a significant update. Maybe a night time parade would be more usable, keeping guests in the park for diner and have a great kiss goodnight.
There still is the empty stadium that could be anything but is nothing. At least it could be a quick win when they put something in there outside the Halloween show.
Kidszone does get some traffic but it's not at all where it needs to be. It's a huge plot of land that can relief crowds easily when used smart. But it's going to cost a lot of money and time.

The only reason they keep the Fear Factor stadium is just to use it for HHN shows. They either need another stadium show to keep it viable year round or tear it down and lose the HHN show for a year or more.

Will be interesting to see what happens with APs. I think most likely they'll have an expensive 4-park AP and keep the existing 2-park and 3-park ones. Or they could have it where there is no AP for Epic in the beginning, but AP holders can get a discount to get in. I also imagine us TMs will get a decent preview window, but then we'll be largely blocked-out.
I am sure They have not made this decision yet . They are watching how Disney does with NO Annual Passes. If Disney has to backtrack and offer them again .That will be figured into the decision Over Epic AP's . They are trying to get to Disney level on AP Pricing .4 Disney Parks out of State were $1299.00 when they were offered . I Figure 4 park Premiere will be in $1300.00 range, preferred out of state will be around $1000.00 Doubt they will leave original 2 park pass available.

Reactions: anihilnation
It should be an easy transition to 3 "dry park" passes with VB as an add-on for each pass. Keep it simple, no need to make it complicated.

Could see a scenario play out if USF gets cannibalized (doubt it) where they pull an "Epcot After 4" style pass. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

It should be an easy transition to 3 "dry park" passes with VB as an add-on for each pass. Keep it simple, no need to make it complicated.

Could see a scenario play out if USF gets cannibalized (doubt it) where they pull an "Epcot After 4" style pass. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
They sort of have that with express after 4. If they open more rides up to it the draw to get top tier would be much larger, I didn't usually stay overnight living an hour away so didn't take much advantage of it but locals do. It works for the pop in visitor