Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the recent pictures being taken from Bio, @Cygnus etc., it's pretty clear we're at one of the more exciting milestones for the park with all the vertical construction going on at once. And next year is bound to be a treasure trove of updates, which makes me once again not only thankful we're getting a new major park, but also to have a great group of folks covering the whole thing. From the photographers mentioned above, to @tommyhawkins providing overlays to help show what's what, @Alicia reporting and so forth.

Construction isn't the most challenging aspect of this park, seems like Universal is doing the appropriate step of giving the ops team more time for testing to avoid the mishandling of USF & Volcano Bay.

It'll be interesting to see how staffing levels improve over the next few years as they are currently struggling a bit for their food & beverage staffing.
Drifting off topic a bit here but because it came up, and I’m going to preface that it isn’t Universal’s problem but… this project has the potential to have a pretty big negative impact on quality of life in Orlando. Universal has said that it’ll bring 14,000 jobs… where are those people living? How many of them have spouses to add to that total? How many of them have kids? All of these people need grocery stores and schools and gyms and the like, all staffed by people who will also need to be added to the city’s employment base, who themselves will be bringing spouses/kids in a compounding loop.

Orlando already has a cost of living problem that’s just going to get worse, forcing people to live on the already distant outskirts and sit in traffic jams that are even worse than the terrible ones today. A lot can happen in three years, but “Florida” and “pre-planning” don’t really go hand in hand. Again, not Universal’s problem - but my fear is that entry-level theme park work is going to turn into such a drag (between lowish wages and having to have four roommates to live anywhere within 45 minutes of work) that it won’t be an attractive choice to young people joining the workforce.

Drifting off topic a bit here but because it came up, and I’m going to preface that it isn’t Universal’s problem but… this project has the potential to have a pretty big negative impact on quality of life in Orlando. Universal has said that it’ll bring 14,000 jobs… where are those people living? How many of them have spouses to add to that total? How many of them have kids? All of these people need grocery stores and schools and gyms and the like, all staffed by people who will also need to be added to the city’s employment base, who themselves will be bringing spouses/kids in a compounding loop.

Orlando already has a cost of living problem that’s just going to get worse, forcing people to live on the already distant outskirts and sit in traffic jams that are even worse than the terrible ones today. A lot can happen in three years, but “Florida” and “pre-planning” don’t really go hand in hand. Again, not Universal’s problem - but my fear is that entry-level theme park work is going to turn into such a drag (between lowish wages and having to have four roommates to live anywhere within 45 minutes of work) that it won’t be an attractive choice to young people joining the workforce.
Yea this is not the thread for that type of discussion. Maybe start a new one somewhere or find a similar related topic to post under. I think we should try to keep these threads as clean as possible.

Hopefully a quick answer will help. Universal is providing land for some low income housing close by to the new park. This is a cocnept of what they are planning (might be a little old)

SNBPQZ7Z4JCS5PCMLD7RZ2M7PA.jpg

Reactions: Suchomimus
We’re definitely walking under this coaster to enter the land.
4098aba9-d297-4d89-b640-69fa2b0de203_text.gif

Reactions: Coolbfitz
It could fit in naturally and be more “hidden” like DK though. Idk how, but it could. Endless trees help with that.
If the idea is supposed to be that we are/are being chased by Wolfman then yeah a bunch of trees can give off a “something just ran past us/me while in the woods” effect.

Reactions: GA-MBIT