Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they are going for contrast or bold. The colors really mesh well and are borderline earthy and warm.
Since the coaster is going to be "space" themed I hope they outfit it with a killer lighting package so it looks awesome at night. I'm not sure if has ever been done before (or even possible) but hopefully someday they will create a track with LED lights in it. Kind of like the ICON wheel lights but mounted on the coaster tracks.

Something like MOnster at adventureland. . .
052518-152823

maxresdefault.jpg

81l0f2w-600x450.jpg

I would suggest watching a video of the lighting package in action. It is an attraction in itself!

Something like MOnster at adventureland. . .

I would suggest watching a video of the lighting package in action. It is an attraction in itself!
YES. That would look great, especially on a dual track racer. Just have to screen it from HTTYD a bit better.

I wonder if they open this hotel before the park? The rate they're going it will be done within a year...

Every time I look at photos of the construction I marvel at how they coordinate so much work happening at once and wonder why some things get done before others. There must be some method to it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: twebber55
I wonder if they open this hotel before the park? The rate they're going it will be done within a year...

Every time I look at photos of the construction I marvel at how they coordinate so much work happening at once and wonder why some things get done before others. There must be some method to it all.
The same company and construction team assembling the structure for this one needs to finish here before they can move onto its sister hotel in a couple months. They may both open at the same time in 2025, but Finfrock can't build both at the same time.

Also the type of construction method they are using lends itself to rapid assembly. It's almost like putting together a lego set (with concrete panels). The Grand Helios hotel will be constructed the more traditional way and be a little bit slower.

Edit: All those flat bed trailers you see in the foreground are holding wall segments ready for the cranes to lift into place and be secured.