Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only thing I can think about when I see those oval windows is, that is going to be expensive to put glass in there lol.
Would it be possible that hotel will be used to house people who are working on the park? I know some companies in the Netherlands (one created the scene's for the Jurassic World ride in Beijing) need to go their to help assemble the sets.

The only thing I can think about when I see those oval windows is, that is going to be expensive to put glass in there lol.
Would it be possible that hotel will be used to house people who are working on the park? I know some companies in the Netherlands (one created the scene's for the Jurassic World ride in Beijing) need to go their to help assemble the sets.

Edit: Nevermind, misread your question.

This hotel probably won't be complete until not long before park opening.

I know this is the EU thread but this relates… does the current UOR land leave room for more hotels, or just the EU land? I have to imagine Universal wants more hotel space, even if just one hotel, by 2025. I suspect one of these opens at some point in 2024, I think they need the capacity. Could be wrong though.

I know this is the EU thread but this relates… does the current UOR land leave room for more hotels, or just the EU land? I have to imagine Universal wants more hotel space, even if just one hotel, by 2025. I suspect one of these opens at some point in 2024, I think they need the capacity. Could be wrong though.

They could probably fit a resort inside USF if they got creative. There's also potential to expand any of the current resorts like what they did with CBBR.

I don't know how that would work with the deluxe resorts and their Express Passes though.

They could probably fit a resort inside USF if they got creative. There's also potential to expand any of the current resorts like what they did with CBBR.

I don't know how that would work with the deluxe resorts and their Express Passes though.

Always thought that a resort taking over the backside of Kidzone could have acted as a berm, they could have easily connected it to the street that goes to the VIP drop off area.

I've always wondered why Orlando has (until Epic) avoided placing hotels right next to the park with park views. Phantasialand does a great job at this.

Reactions: MrBlonde
What candidates do you see?
Universal needs to buy this piece of land adjacent to Dockside.

Screenshot-20230119-183620-Maps-2.jpg

Reactions: Suchomimus
Ther's a small bit of land near Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay, but I think expanding those resorts into those areas would destroy the flow of those resorts.

Sapphire Falls, Cabana Bay and Aventura have absolutely no spare space left to work with.

Ther's a small bit of land near Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay, but I think expanding those resorts into those areas would destroy the flow of those resorts.

Sapphire Falls, Cabana Bay and Aventura have absolutely no spare space left to work with.
Still have the five acres to the south of VB.......

Universal needs to buy this piece of land adjacent to Dockside.

Screenshot-20230119-183620-Maps-2.jpg
All of this looks available. There's open land on the south side of that one Dockside garage that goes half way to EU as well. If they wanted to buy more land.

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 10.24.09 PM.png

But, I think theres room at HRR, RPR and PBR to build parking garages to free up space for another wing/tower.

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nick
Some on the ground video (not mine) of the 912 Hotel and how close it appears next to the existing apartments

I was joking to my dog about this while walking her across the street -- it looks like maybe you could fit a 4-lane driveway between the hotel and the apartments. That might even be too generous. I'm still a bit confused as to the orientation of everything, but barring a massive berm, some of those 4th story units seem likely to peer down right into the park.

I was joking to my dog about this while walking her across the street -- it looks like maybe you could fit a 4-lane driveway between the hotel and the apartments. That might even be too generous. I'm still a bit confused as to the orientation of everything, but barring a massive berm, some of those 4th story units seem likely to peer down right into the park.

Did the dog laugh or offer her own take? Was she mainly focused on potential lawns or fire hydrant placements by the hotel?