Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There was a lot of stuff that was well under way pre pandemic, so it wouldn't surprise me to hear that things like furnishings were ordered as well.

I know even when things were "on hold" in the middle of the pandemic, some of the groups were still sourcing and ordering things (fabrics, equipment, etc.). I'm hopeful that between the work done ahead of time, the long lead time, and the improving supply chain situation that it will all come together for 2025.

Supply chain issues have largely eased over the past 6-8 months, but prices are up almost 40% across the board for FF&E and linen from 2019 levels.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
Looks like Yoshi ride control system is being imported!
image.png

Just for fun, here's some stuff I was able to glean from permits lately for Wizarding World:

The area will have 5 retail locations: 2 on bottom-right of land, 1 on top-right (that would have been the VR attraction's exit gift shop,) 1 on left side of the land's main street, and 1 exit gift shop for main Ministry ride on far left of land.

The area will have 2 quick service locations. Both are shown with queues like Leaky Cauldron. The dining location on the right side of the land has a Team Member Grill attached to its right side facing backstage. There is one walk-up bar attached to the dining location on the right, with its own entry, but also connected, similar to Hog's Head Pub and Three Broomsticks.

The area on the bottom-right side of land has a Parisian-style arcade alley, (likely themed as Rue Girardon,) which will act similarly as this land's Knockturn Alley. The false windows within this alley are the largest and deepest window displays I have seen for the Wizarding World, which may mean they would have some great interactive wand displays... or just maybe some fake interiors to flesh out the city more.

Overall site plan for overview of land:
WizardingWorld08.jpg

New plans from the county with labels added for context, first is the right side of the blue section seen above:
RightSideLABELS2.jpg

Last image is left side of blue areas seen on overall plan above:
LeftSideLABELS.jpg

While there may only be 5 retail and 3 dining locations for this land, just as the other Wizarding Worlds the area will have dozens of false facades with other Parisian Wizarding businesses that you cannot actually enter.

Last edited:
"What should come as a surprise to no one, a Notice of Commencement for the Universal Monsters area of Epic Universe has been filed listing "KUKA Robotics Corporation" as the contractor. The land's main attraction's ride system has been rumored to be similar to Forbidden Journey."

Hopefully without the motion sickness! FJ gets me almost every time I ride it. My family loves it while I'm on verge of vomiting.

Reactions: Ahmanet
"What should come as a surprise to no one, a Notice of Commencement for the Universal Monsters area of Epic Universe has been filed listing "KUKA Robotics Corporation" as the contractor. The land's main attraction's ride system has been rumored to be similar to Forbidden Journey."

Hopefully without the motion sickness! FJ gets me almost every time I ride it. My family loves it while I'm on verge of vomiting.
Without screen domes it should be at least somewhat better in that regard

I have heard that the plan is for a more aggressive ride profile than Forbidden Journey. Potter is "Family Friendly". Frankenstein? Not so much.

I have heard that the plan is for a more aggressive ride profile than Forbidden Journey. Potter is "Family Friendly". Frankenstein? Not so much.
Hey it’s fitting for the property… but man I don’t know how much more Kuka-ing my body can take. On the positive side that makes me hopeful for legit scary thematic elements if this isn’t being created as a “family” ride.

I wonder if the more "aggressive" profile means a faster and more intense ride in terms of the rumored coaster track with the speed of movement plus more intense scares? I think that it can definitely be more scary and intense without making people more queasy than FJ. With the KUKAs being programmable....there are endless possibilities.

I wonder if the more "aggressive" profile means a faster and more intense ride in terms of the rumored coaster track with the speed of movement plus more intense scares? I think that it can definitely be more scary and intense without making people more queasy than FJ. With the KUKAs being programmable....there are endless possibilities.
I believe at least at one point, they really want to create the sensation of falling. We shall see. We shall see.