Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am mildly surprised that Universal would look at Forbidden Journey -- a fairly notorious nausea machine at this point -- and say, "Crank up the intensity even more!"

That said, the aforementioned lack of dome simulator moments should hopefully offset that problem a bit. It's hard to know exactly what triggers motion sickness for people in FJ, but I have to believe those scenes are a big part of it.

I am mildly surprised that Universal would look at Forbidden Journey -- a fairly notorious nausea machine at this point -- and say, "Crank up the intensity even more!"

That said, the aforementioned lack of dome simulator moments should hopefully offset that problem a bit. It's hard to know exactly what triggers motion sickness for people in FJ, but I have to believe those scenes are a big part of it.
Yea, tangible things and visual points of reference can go a long way to keeping you from getting nauseated. The screen domes are really bad because you're meant to be flying FORWARD, but really you're constantly moving SIDEWAYS, and the brain/body disconnect is extremely disorienting.

People who only go to theme parks once in a decade get sick on kiddie coasters, so you can't please everyone.

I would think anyone who has been flipped upside and thrown around by their parents when they were little would be fine, but who knows.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Yea, tangible things and visual points of reference can go a long way to keeping you from getting nauseated. The screen domes are really bad because you're meant to be flying FORWARD, but really you're constantly moving SIDEWAYS, and the brain/body disconnect is extremely disorienting.
I've found that focusing straight in front of you and not looking around helps but I gave up on it several years ago. When it first opened it was like flying and now not so much

Curious what the hold-up might be on installing the rest of the track sections for Starfall Racers. Assuming it must be due to crews working to finish other areas, because all the track pieces are there.

They’re building a structure beneath some of the back part of the ride currently, that’s probably a big part of it.
By back part, do you mean the load building closest to the hub, or a structure near the back footers where there's currently no track?

By back part, do you mean the load building closest to the hub, or a structure near the back footers where there's currently no track?
The second part. A section of the building extended further back behind the station and maintenance building, along the Dragons side, is being built. And they likely need access to that area currently first.

I assume any area they’ve left without installing track is due to needing access for surrounding construction. The missing pieces near the hub side may be so tall equipment can help construct the launch and station building for example. Then they can connect the missing track in after.