Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's very strange seeing the flat parking lot for this park since we're all used to the massive garages. That walk from the far back will be painful. Do we have any idea how many spots there are and in comparison to the main lots? Granted there's a need for parking in consideration for Citywalk and the three parks, so obviously a lot more.

The original park started the same way— and I kind of think when you look at the plaza they’re building at the park entrance you can envision a second park entrance being built off of the current entrance:

Picture that circle as the center of the plaza, with a second park entrance mirroring the Epic entrance. The curved structure of the security area simply being mirrored in a matching structure. It would then form a perfect half-circle with ticketing in the center.

The flat lot will probably be replaced by a parking garage, that takes up way less space, in the future, when they develop that area with entertainment or another park of some sort.
I'm pretty sure the almost perfect rectangle of land between Epic Blvd. and the canal where they are staging materials is the future parking garage site:

Reactions: Suchomimus
Obviously, but this illusion doesn't work lol

I visit the park's frequently, so it's not like I'm just seeing the parks from aerial images solely. I have no recent photos myself, but was able to find one from February on Twitter. Very easy to see both the drop building and the utilities building. And this is before they "shed" the parks prior to hurricane season.

(you can tell this is recent, as the netting was not there opening day)
View attachment 22231

The trees have grown in, but that building is massive.
I rode Hagrid’s a bunch last year and never noticed any buildings. The theming was awesome and immersive.

I guess there will always be people who look for any possible complaint.

I rode Hagrid’s a bunch last year and never noticed any buildings. The theming was awesome and immersive.

I rode Hagrid's a few days ago and at night, you can hardly make out the building. Not only because it's moving fast, but because with less light it doesn't stand out that much. From a static distance, sure. How could they realistically hide it better? More / taller trees? Genuinely curious on that.

As posted earlier, the building is very obvious from the queue itself.

And yes, I moved to Orlando and have APs to all of the Orlando parks because I like to complain. Hagrid's is the best overall attraction at UOR, but it's not a 100% perfect attraction.

Let's keep it on Epic Construction, please. Thanks!
Just responding to someone who called me out.

On Epic construction, seems like they're about to start work on getting new stoplights installed throughout Universal Blvd, including the entrance to the Courtney/Chick-Fil-a/District apartments. Will be fascinating to see how this entire area handles traffic, as the Kirkman Rd. extension will help improve traffic dramatically.

As posted earlier, the building is very obvious from the queue itself.

And yes, I moved to Orlando and have APs to all of the Orlando parks because I like to complain. Hagrid's is the best overall attraction at UOR, but it's not a 100% perfect attraction.
I can imagine it’s a very different experience if you’re there all the time.

Epic is looking so good, and I’m excited to spend a few days there. I never noticed the building while in Hagrid’s queue, and I don’t expect to notice any buildings while at Epic either — other than the awesome themed ones.

Very impressed by the pace of Epic construction, too.