Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

I am hoping for some Bio flyovers soon, although I realize that there probably won't be any changes for a little while yet. In my mind, I was picturing a bunch of bulldozers and backhoes just running idly until the move to renew construction was made. Then, all of them would flow in an unstoppable way towards the construction site.

I really watched too much Tex Avery when I was young.
I don't know if the budget covered the anthropomorphic ones though....

Waaaaaaaitttt there’s also a golf course right nearby? Dear god Universal is gonna have my vacations for life with this place

Huh, it's more centered in the plot of land than I expected. I mean, I'm sure they've thought about it and have a plan lol, it just seems looks like they're building themselves into a corner a little bit when it comes to adding more offerings down the line. I'm excited to see how this south property takes shape.

It's pretty much as far back as it can go in relation to back of house and Kirkman Road.

Huh, it's more centered in the plot of land than I expected. I mean, I'm sure they've thought about it and have a plan lol, it just seems looks like they're building themselves into a corner a little bit when it comes to adding more offerings down the line. I'm excited to see how this south property takes shape.
I've felt for a while now that their plans don't seem very land efficient and are not well suited to accommodate a 4th dry park and associated hotels.

I've felt for a while now that their plans don't seem very land efficient and are not well suited to accommodate a 4th dry park and associated hotels.
The hotels will be spread out along Universal Blvd and Kirkman. The parking lot can be turned into garages and the ponds moved to create space for another park later.

Its difficult to get a sense of scale until they actually start building. There’s more than enough space for a similar sized park.

I was thinking about this the other day-- I think anyone with an eye to the future could see there are other possibilities that could come with technology advances.

A parking lot or parking structure may not be needed, or at least not as big as currently is needed. As self driving vehicles evolve, ride sharing could become even bigger (especially with vacationers), and anyone with their own car could have their car drop them off and pick them up in a loading and unloading area, but their car could park much further off site. No need for all those parking spaces connected to the park.

My other thought was rather than thinking of building a second park, I was considering that the thought it could be just an expansion of the existing park, essentially doubling in size. One of the concepts mentioned (and theoretically dropped) was the idea of the Hub being open to the public, and the "lands" each requiring admission tickets. The idea was specifically using facial recognition to do that and eliminate the turnstiles. IF that plan was implemented you are pretty much treating each land as its own park. So they open with the Hub and four lands-- then over time expand the hub and add additional lands. That concept could mean you pay per land or have an overall ticket that gets you all lands. I just picture the park expanding in a mirror image into the parking area. Lands could be opened or closed individually-- when something's not popular, close it and replace it. Rebuilding a land would be relatively quick and easy compared to building an entire park. That means that any IP that's popular could be added, and as the popularity fades it could go away. Universal already has a history of doing this with attractions, just upscale to whole lands.