Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot currently only have like 8 or 9 rides each right now? 12 would be great at the start. Especially if there are a couple big shows.

Correct. I was still hoping for more. #Greedy lol

My big issues are that the Orlando parks all seem to eschew having many B-C ticket sized attractions. Like the Nintendo concept originally had 2-3 flat rides included. I think things like that take parks to the next level. Just having more options than people know what to do with.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I think twelve's a very solid starting number (even though I'm really only interested in six of them, based on what we know/don't know so far).

Seems like it's going to be a pretty well-balanced park with decent variety, especially when factoring in shows and possible walk-throughs.

We honestly don't know the number and are guessing, depending on how you count and who you listen to it's a conservative 12 or up to 16. I'm not making any value judgements till we know more.

Reactions: Alicia
What impresses me with what we know right now, is it feels like it would be very easy to spend a full, or at the least a 1/2 day in all these lands. Whether you're like me and my bf who will soak up every square inch of the area, or people who just do rides, people who just visit for shows and meet and greets, there's an abundance of offerings on the table. Going to be very similar to IOA where there will be offerings here for ANY kind of park guest. I love the variety Universal provides.

Reactions: belloq87
Correct. I was still hoping for more. #Greedy lol

My big issues are that the Orlando parks all seem to eschew having many B-C ticket sized attractions. Like the Nintendo concept originally had 2-3 flat rides included. I think things like that take parks to the next level. Just having more options than people know what to do with.
I think each Universe will maximize its environment. Nintendo has a ton to do besides the rides with meet and greets, interactive stuff, viewers, improving your score and probably a small show or two. I think the other Universes also will have that amount of involvement. There are now people who can spent 2 day in the Wizarding World without going to anything else in the parks. I expect this to be next level to that.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I think each Universe will maximize its environment. Nintendo has a ton to do besides the rides with meet and greets, interactive stuff, viewers, improving your score and probably a small show or two. I think the other Universes also will have that amount of involvement. There are now people who can spent 2 day in the Wizarding World without going to anything else in the parks. I expect this to be next level to that.
Yep, you said it best. Universal has taken what they've learned from Potter and applied it to a brand new theme park, and expanded on those ideas now that the budgets are available. I know I'm a Universal fan first but objectively speaking I really feel the future for the best theme park experiences will be with Universal. But, lets see how it all shakes out. On paper this all sound just incredible

Reactions: Mad Dog
I don't personally ride many flat rides myself, but I'd prefer the park to have a good number of them. Every time I go to IOA and USF, I'm always looking at the extra space, usually the smoking sections, and imaging what flat ride could fit there.

I feel like Flat rides can be tricky ... they MUST be aesthetically pleasing and fit in well with their environment or else they just look kind of cheap.

I think Astro Orbiter is a great ride and very visually appealing, while I LOATHE triceratops spin.

I think the carosuessal looks great..... meh on red fish two fish... I like twirl and hurl a lot, (but I may be a little biased)

The zodiac carousel sounds amazing though and I would love to see that!

Mario Kart
Yoshi's Adventure
Donkey Kong Country Coaster
HTTYD Coaster
HTTYD Skyfly
HTTYD Boat Ride
HTTYD Flying Simulator
Monsters Kuka Ride
Potter E-ticket 1
Potter E-ticket 2
Dueling Coaster 1
Dueling Coaster 2

So definitely 12. Possibly more.
Great. I’ve always thought around 10 or above is what a park really needs.

Ideally it would be 15+.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Mario Kart
Yoshi's Adventure
Donkey Kong Country Coaster
HTTYD Coaster
HTTYD Skyfly
HTTYD Boat Ride
HTTYD Flying Simulator
Monsters Kuka Ride
Potter E-ticket 1
Potter E-ticket 2
Dueling Coaster 1
Dueling Coaster 2

So definitely 12. Possibly more.
This is a great start tbh

Honestly, we are not accounting for the incredible theming that goes along with this

For me, Universal does not create lands for attractions but rather lands that ARE attractions...with rides embeded within

This is why Diagon, for me, gets away with one ride...The land iteself has so much life that it's an attraction on its own

It's going to be so wild to see most of the coasters be finished, about 18 months before park opening.

It's going to kill some people here just watching and waiting.
Tbh, even though I follow news/speculation for this park almost daily at this point, once construction really begins to ramp up I think I'm going to stay back a bit and wait for the final product. Its gonna be incredibly hard to do that considering I even know some details on these things at this point but I also want to wait for some more official concept are to get hyped.

But who knows, I likely won't be able to help myself :lol:

Reactions: jrn14
Tbh, even though I follow news/speculation for this park almost daily at this point, once construction really begins to ramp up I think I'm going to stay back a bit and wait for the final product. Its gonna be incredibly hard to do that considering I even know some details on these things at this point but I also want to wait for some more official concept are to get hyped.

But who knows, I likely won't be able to help myself :lol:
Yeah, we all know you will zoom in on any detail that you can find, as do I. ;)
In the end, seeing it in person from ground level and going into the (ride) buildings will still be a huge surprise.

Yeah, we all know you will zoom in on any detail that you can find, as do I. ;)
In the end, seeing it in person from ground level and going into the (ride) buildings will still be a huge surprise.
Ya you're right, you all know I'm dying for info on this haha. We'll see how strong I can be, but lets be real I can't get away from it lol. Im in this thread everyday haha. Also literally saved that picture with the permits over the empty land, ya I'm obsessed haha.

• Haha
Reactions: tielo
Status
Not open for further replies.