Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great start tbh

Honestly, we are not accounting for the incredible theming that goes along with this

For me, Universal does not create lands for attractions but rather lands that ARE attractions...with rides embeded within

This is why Diagon, for me, gets away with one ride...The land iteself has so much life that it's an attraction on its own

I totally agree!! Just as he did with Potter, Universal will create lands that are an attraction. I am eager to walk through a European town in the land of Classical Monsters or walk through ancient Paris on FB.

I feel they wouldn't cause it may not be appropriate for a theme park, but a "March" or gathered walk towards the Windmill every night like the end of the Dr Frankenstein film would be really neat.

Reactions: Mike S and belloq87
the speculated story is something like this for frankencastle, right?:
-sup in granddaughter frankenstein
-AH ALL THE MONSTERS EXCEPT THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON
-we survived

or is the granddaughter the only rumored aspect?

the speculated story is something like this for frankencastle, right?:
-sup in granddaughter frankenstein
-AH ALL THE MONSTERS EXCEPT THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON
-we survived

or is the granddaughter the only rumored aspect?
I don't think we know much yet other than that its her castle now, or she's watching over Castle Frankenstein. Id presume the pre show elements will clear this up for us. But most Monsters are expected in the ride it seems.

The village though, Frankenstein's. Not a "classic monsters" village, Frankenstein's. Keeps with their single IP driven highly themed type lands.

The town featured in the Universal Frankenstein films of the 1940s is given the name Vasaria, and it's implied to be the same town from the original FRANKENSTEIN/BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN duology where Frankenstein's father was Baron before the son took on the role. But Castle Frankenstein keeps changing its appearance, so there's some debate as to whether or not all the entries in the Frankenstein cycle are meant to actually be taking place in the exact same town, or just the same general vicinity.

I doubt Universal will dive that deep into the old lore of the movies for the theme park, but you never know!

Reactions: Mike S
I think that's the castle from YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, actually (a Fox film). But I could see them going with something vaguely along those lines, because there's no definitive, singular Castle Frankenstein in the old movies. Probably best to design a fresh one, borrowing classic elements from various "old horror movie" castles. The windmill is far more iconic a location from FRANKENSTEIN and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, and it looks like we're getting that.

If it was going to be Castle Dracula, however, I think they'd be attempting to do a version of what was seen in the Bela Lugosi DRACULA.

Reactions: Mike S
I think that's the castle from YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, actually (a Fox film). But I could see them going with something vaguely along those lines, because there's no definitive, singular Castle Frankenstein in the old movies. Probably best to design a fresh one, borrowing classic elements from various "old horror movie" castles. The windmill is far more iconic a location from FRANKENSTEIN and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, and it looks like we're getting that.

If it was going to be Castle Dracula, however, I think they'd be attempting to do a version of what was seen in the Bela Lugosi DRACULA.
i thought castle frankenstein was a direct mimic of the one i posted? i could be wrong

edit: just checked, and according to mary shelley wiki.
“From this point on, Castle Frankenstein becomes a staple in film adaptations. In 1974, Gene Wilder starred in a film entitled Young Frankenstein, a parody of the horror genre and the 1930’s Frankenstein films in particular. Mel Brooks’ film is in black and white and uses props modeled after those used in the 1931 film. The film also includes an almost identical shot of Castle Frankenstein.”

Young frankenstein mimicking the castle (and it being that from the classic frankenstein film) make me feel this is the most likely one. I hope they use it, it’s so cool!

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
This is the tower where Frankenstein's laboratory is in 1931's FRANKENSTEIN and 1935's BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN...
5161c444003687b02bc2a6cf05016bb2.jpg

Reactions: Alicia
This is the tower where Frankenstein's laboratory is in 1931's FRANKENSTEIN and 1935's BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN...
5161c444003687b02bc2a6cf05016bb2.jpg
that’s a separate structure. i believe castle frankenstein is his home, not his laboratory, but it is in the frankenstein movie. some speculate that tower may be what we thought was the windmill, so maybe we’ll see it too!

Reactions: Alicia
I do think the tall structure is the watch tower. Especially if it’s an elaborate meet and greet like usj hello kitty (though i hope it’s more than a meet and greet)

Reactions: RFRees
Would make sense if the tower is there, and the Frankie meet and greet/walkthrough type thing in his Lab makes sense. I think we possible cracked the code! Easier to hide a small building underneath this as well.

Would make sense if the tower is there, and the Frankie meet and greet/walkthrough type thing in his Lab makes sense. I think we possible cracked the code! Easier to hide a small building underneath this as well.

Better idea: Frankenstein drop tower that drops us as lightning strikes and awakens the Creature

Status
Not open for further replies.