Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be more dependent on the economy than the virus. There will either be herd immunity or a vaccine at some point, things will get back to "normal", but if the economy is really bad and they push EU back more than 5 years I could see them following the original plan and just adding Nintendo to replace KZ. They'll want something new that will draw people, and if it's not a billion dollar park, it's a more modest new addition.

I think it will be more dependent on the economy than the virus. There will either be herd immunity or a vaccine at some point, things will get back to "normal", but if the economy is really bad and they push EU back more than 5 years I could see them following the original plan and just adding Nintendo to replace KZ. They'll want something new that will draw people, and if it's not a billion dollar park, it's a more modest new addition.
Yep...The virus is here to stay...The economy is the key

I mean Universal is opening a new show on the 30th and the Virus is soaring, it’s 100% economy based.

It really does seem, at least right now in June of 2020, it’s a matter of when and not if. Especially for a project like this. Easier to kill something like SLOP replacing Shrek or a singular attraction. An entire new park has more funding and more time for research, development, design, investments, it’s like a whole different ball game and I’m sure there’s even more involved I’m not even close to aware of. I know for me, a near 23 year old, its easy to say I’m willing to wait for this park, but I am. I think it’s best for Universal and the theme parks as a whole to play the waiting game right now.

I would not be surprised if Universal takes everything back to the drawing board.

They slam SNW into KZ ASAP. And replace FFL with MoM like the original plan (and they are done with Potter). Also Pets replaces Shrek.

In EU they replace SNW with Pokemon and Beasts with LotR. But that creates the problem of LotR and HTTYD being very similar. So swap out HTTYD with a plussed up Panda from Beijing.

Zelda goes in LC. HHTYD, Trolls and Shrek take over Toon Lagoon.

Y'all figure out the timeline.

Everyone needs to really chill about this. I think we all know Universal won't do anything drastic until the last possible moment. If the parks close again, then we can have an actually reasonable conversation on what's gonna happen regarding the new park.

Everyone needs to really chill about this. I think we all know Universal won't do anything drastic until the last possible moment. If the parks close again, then we can have an actually reasonable conversation on what's gonna happen regarding the new park.
If what I am hearing is true, I think that "last possible moment" you speak of happened last Tuesday.

I would not be surprised if Universal takes everything back to the drawing board.

They slam SNW into KZ ASAP. And replace FFL with MoM like the original plan (and they are done with Potter). Also Pets replaces Shrek.

In EU they replace SNW with Pokemon and Beasts with LotR. But that creates the problem of LotR and HTTYD being very similar. So swap out HTTYD with a plussed up Panda from Beijing.

Zelda goes in LC. HHTYD, Trolls and Shrek take over Toon Lagoon.

Y'all figure out the timeline.
Timeline: SNW in 2023, MoM in 2024, Secret Life of Irrelevant Pets in 2025, EU in 2027, IOA stuff sometime after that.

Zero dollars saved and has to be done with no creative staff.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Timeline: SNW in 2023, MoM in 2024, Secret Life of Irrelevant Pets in 2025, EU in 2027, IOA stuff sometime after that.

Zero dollars saved and has to be done with no creative staff.
That's why I'm thinking that IF Epic Universe gets delayed, it'll just be SNW (without Donkey Kong) moved to Kidzone and Epic Universe delayed back some years. All of the design work for SNW has been done already.

Does SNW w/DK fit into Kidzone or is it without DK?

If EU is significantly delayed, then MoM will definitely happen in 2024/2025. Probably 2025 cause they’re supposedly re-working it according to the theme park shark podcast. So that needs time. For funsies and speculation:

- 2023: SNW replaces kidzone
- 2024: SLOP replaces Shrek
- 2025: Berk replaces Toon Lagoon
-2026: MoM
2027: Epic Universe. No clue what replaces HTTYD, SNW, and Potter. Maybe new franchises pop up before then to be able to replace. Pokémon I’m sure would be involved and be the main sell.

Does SNW w/DK fit into Kidzone or is it without DK?

Both can fit. That was the original plan for SNW, actually.
If EU is significantly delayed, then MoM will definitely happen in 2024/2025. Probably 2025 cause they’re supposedly re-working it according to the theme park shark podcast. So that needs time. For funsies and speculation:

- 2023: SNW replaces kidzone
- 2024: SLOP replaces Shrek
- 2025: Berk replaces Toon Lagoon
-2026: MoM
2027: Epic Universe. No clue what replaces HTTYD, SNW, and Potter. Maybe new franchises pop up before then to be able to replace. Pokémon I’m sure would be involved and be the main sell.
Nah. The good thing about SNW going to Kidzone is that there isn't a ton of design work to be done for it, so it could be done in a (relatively) quick amount of time.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Both can fit. That was the original plan for SNW, actually.

Nah. The good thing about SNW going to Kidzone is that there isn't a ton of design work to be done for it, so it could be done in a (relatively) quick amount of time.
I thought it included DK but I figured it may be a good time to bring it up Incase. Idk 2023 still makes sense just in terms of spending $ on construction. Might take until 2023 for crowds to return w/profits anyways.

I thought it included DK but I figured it may be a good time to bring it up Incase. Idk 2023 still makes sense just in terms of spending $ on construction. Might take until 2023 for crowds to return w/profits anyways.

Oop, my bad. I forgot the other half of my text. I was going to say that only SNW can be done for a while. MoM and the rest will have to wait.

So much depends on the timing of a working virus. Even with the economic downturn continuing, attendance could turn around significantly for the second half of 2021, and be somewhat close to pre pandemic levels in 2022. Even with high unemployment, there will be pent up demand, once a disease threat falls.

So much depends on the timing of a working virus. Even with the economic downturn continuing, attendance could turn around significantly for the second half of 2021, and be somewhat close to pre pandemic levels in 2022. Even with high unemployment, there will be pent up demand, once a disease threat falls.

Which is what is so scary to me. Imagine if it takes a few years...too horrible to even comprehend.

Status
Not open for further replies.