Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 206 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will die on the hill of “Toon Lagoon should’ve became Bikini Bottom”. Maybe the show doesn’t have the popularity it once did, but it’s equally as iconic as The Simpsons, and they built that land over a decade after the show peaked.

I still think you could build BB into EU, if for no other reason than to sell a massive amount of Krabby Patties and Chum Burgers.
I have no idea why there aren’t Krusty Krab restaurants nationwide. If Bubba Gump can sustain a chain for decades, the Krusty Krab can too.

I will die on the hill of “Toon Lagoon should’ve became Bikini Bottom”. Maybe the show doesn’t have the popularity it once did, but it’s equally as iconic as The Simpsons, and they built that land over a decade after the show peaked.

I still think you could build BB into EU, if for no other reason than to sell a massive amount of Krabby Patties and Chum Burgers.
If Spongebob would have existed during IOA's conception, we may have had a land with him

I feel like by the time Spongebob was at peak popularity Nick was already out of Universal...or leaving

Also, they could say "well we had a ride with ALL the Nicktoons already"

Plus the biggest thing, the merch, is already taken care of across the resort

Reactions: SeventyOne
I doubt now especially, the Sponge is a top priority. But, it’s still an in house property that is timeless, and for children. Universal needs all those it can get. It’s kinda shocking there isn’t a Krusty Krab anywhere it really is.

Reactions: alias8703
Don’t they still have theme park rights, though? Not only cause of the store but I swear I’ve read they have the theme park rights before, and it seemed relatively recent (although time is weird now)
He's licensed but so is Scooby Doo

I'm not sure to what extent that contract goes. I think a shop, spot in the parade, and meet & greet is fine

I don’t disagree, especially in these times. If ever, slap on a Krusty Krab as a quick service and then pack it up and enjoy the profits

A little off-topic for the thread but here's the most likely scenario IMO:

The Krusty burger in Simpsons fills the fast food burger niche in UO right now. If they lose the Simpsons rights at the end of the contract I could see them adjusting the current Simpsons land to be Spongebob themed (Moe's Tavern -> Krusty Krab or Salty Spitoon; swap stands for Weenie Hut Jr, the Pizza Piehole, the Sea Chicken shack, etc). The Kwik 'E Mart gets re-themed to the Barg'N-Mart and the rest of the merch stand from Kidzone gets moved here during KidZone replacement.

I think the ride is the only thing that is questionable because the ride system is nearing if not already at the end of its lifespan. I'd replace it with a SLoP style dark ride but that's way too far into the armchair Universal Creative realm.

A little off-topic for the thread but here's the most likely scenario IMO:

The Krusty burger in Simpsons fills the fast food burger niche in UO right now. If they lose the Simpsons rights at the end of the contract I could see them adjusting the current Simpsons land to be Spongebob themed (Moe's Tavern -> Krusty Krab or Salty Spitoon; swap stands for Weenie Hut Jr, the Pizza Piehole, the Sea Chicken shack, etc). The Kwik 'E Mart gets re-themed to the Barg'N-Mart and the rest of the merch stand from Kidzone gets moved here during KidZone replacement.

I think the ride is the only thing that is questionable because the ride system is nearing if not already at the end of its lifespan. I'd replace it with a SLoP style dark ride but that's way too far into the armchair Universal Creative realm.
100% agree with all this. To get more armchair for Specilation sake, IF, SNW goes to kidzone, having Bikini Bottom right outside it one day is a nice transition and a nice section of the park totally for families. Tons of $$$ to be made there potentially. If there’s overflow in Toad’s or SNW in general, head to the Krusty Krab. Probably a tiny bit more appealing than the Simpsons are, for the family demographic that SNW is going for at least.

Universal Studios' Orlando's Epic Universe Theme Park Is Dead, Even If It Still Happens

I don’t really trust Cinemablend when it comes to theme park news, but they posted this gem today

It sounds like they are mostly going off the franchise popularity vs actual news, but I would love for someone like @aliciastella to comment
Yea, the thesis for this story is summed up at the end of its introduction:

Unfortunately, this means that while Epic Universe may still happen, the Epic Universe we were expecting probably won't.

It's an opinion and speculation piece, offering no new details. It's a fine read, but nothing new.

What is interesting is that there is still apparently more construction, and designing, going on for the southern resort right now than even I realized, so I wouldn't count Epic Universe out quite yet.

I bet we learn something by the end of the year, as it's just not the time to make any big decisions right now.

Yea, the thesis for this story is summed up at the end of its introduction:

Unfortunately, this means that while Epic Universe may still happen, the Epic Universe we were expecting probably won't.

It's an opinion and speculation piece, offering no new details. It's a fine read, but nothing new.

What is interesting is that there is still apparently more construction, and designing, going on for the southern resort right now than even I realized, so I wouldn't count Epic Universe out quite yet.

I bet we learn something by the end of the year, as it's just not the time to make any big decisions right now.

I keep seeing analysts saying Disney attendance will return to 2019 levels in 2023 and I'm like "wow would be great to have something available in 2023 or 2024 to get a piece of that".

Reactions: SeventyOne
Universal Studios' Orlando's Epic Universe Theme Park Is Dead, Even If It Still Happens

I don’t really trust Cinemablend when it comes to theme park news, but they posted this gem today

It sounds like they are mostly going off the franchise popularity vs actual news, but I would love for someone like @aliciastella to comment
Is "Universal Studios' Orlando's" correct grammatically?

Shouldn't it be "Universal Studios Orlando's" or maybe "Universal Orlando's"

Also they may be on to something...I mean, when has basing an entire area on one IP ever been successful?

Also they may be on to something...I mean, when has basing an entire area on one IP ever been successful?

Thank you for asking the real questions.

Absolutely not gonna happen, but if they could just get that hub built so that part isn't redesigned, then build all the lands separately when budgets make sense. I'm sure all the lands get built somewhere eventually, especially Potter and Nintendo, but I'm scared that hub gets redesigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.