Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if they trudge ahead with four or stop at three

Four parks is a lot to deal with...and there's really only one resort that has tried it

That’s been my thinking.Universal could do this but if they add a new ride every year, each park will go 4 years before an update. They’ve shown in the past, they’re not afraid to build multiple rides at once but there’s a limit.

Reactions: shiekra38
4 really makes them compete with themselves. Especially with two full campuses. Demand would really need to be high for them to justify the cannibalization. And even then, it’s not like Disney is hurting for guests.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Listening to the latest Universal Joint, I wonder: with the diminishing returns on Fantastic Beasts and the issues with JK Rowling's transphobia, does the work involved with any changes to that land make Monsters land a little safer from being cut?

Reactions: rageofthegods
Listening to the latest Universal Joint, I wonder: with the diminishing returns on Fantastic Beasts and the issues with JK Rowling's transphobia, does the work involved with any changes to that land make Monsters land a little safer from being cut?
Doubtful. Besides, I think Monsters is safe.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

I think the lands are all safe. They compliment each other to make the park feel complete. History also says that cutting lands from a park opening with the promise of being added later rarely happens and always receives a bad response.

I think the lands are all safe. They compliment each other to make the park feel complete. History also says that cutting lands from a park opening with the promise of being added later rarely happens and always receives a bad response.
Speaking of which, have new permits been filed yet? If the lands aren't changing, wouldn't they just have to resubmit existing permits?

I'm with you and Coot both, but the loose talk has been that if any land were to get cut, it'd be Monsters. I'm wondering if, say they had to change FB to regular Potter, would that shore up Monsters' safety.

I'm with you and Coot both, but the loose talk has been that if any land were to get cut, it'd be Monsters. I'm wondering if, say they had to change FB to regular Potter, would that shore up Monsters' safety.
1. I think they've already switched to Potter
2. There's no linear relationship between a diminishment of Potter, or any other land, and the 'safety' of other lands.

For the same reasons, though?

They've gotten rid of a bunch of attractions that I liked and no longer feel like the parks of my formative trips, so yep!

But what I meant more broadly, and taking my bias out of it:

- Both have turned over their opening day attractions rosters to a pretty significant degree (with debatable results in most cases).

- Both are increasingly reliant on seasonal festivals/offerings to generate excitement.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
They've gotten rid of a ton of attractions that I liked, so yep!

But what I meant more broadly, and taking my bias out of it:

- Both have turned over their opening day attractions rosters to a pretty significant degree (with debatable results in most cases).

- Both are increasingly reliant on seasonal festivals/offerings to generate excitement.
Fair enough. USF is my favorite park and it's not particularly close, and Epcot... isn't, so I was curious.

USF events do have the advantage of being distinct and not just a blur of vaguely defined food and culture events that put the whole park in a perpetual festival mode.

Events at USF are great though. USF should do some Cool Japan esque fare if it doesn't interfere too much with Horror Nights construction. USJ has certain structural advantages that make it easier for them though.

4 really makes them compete with themselves. Especially with two full campuses. Demand would really need to be high for them to justify the cannibalization. And even then, it’s not like Disney is hurting for guests.

I'm on the fence. I think Disney are four parks that are pretty spread out -- current campus (to me) works so well as both parks, well, the whole campus is compact and it seems folks will get the two park ticket.

To me, if you get the 2nd campus with a similar two park model -- sure, internally you would have the campuses compete but both also offer the advantage of having two gates past security checks.

I assume at Disney, you can stay in the boardwalk area -- walk to Epcot -- change your mind and walk over to HS -- but that still takes a lot of walking and burns a lot more time than switching parks at UoR.

Therefore, I feel at some point, UNI would do alright w/ 4.

I think Uni would be able to handle 4. Comcast seems content in dumping money into these parks, so I could see them increasing the "1 attraction per year" to "1 attraction per campus per year" in the event of having 4 parks.

Reactions: RFRees
Status
Not open for further replies.