Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d argue out of a 4th park or a 2nd water park, Uni needs a second water park much more. VB hits capacity a lot, and will probably do so more often the more resorts Uni adds to its collection.

I also think a 2nd water park would be a better fit for the overall resort. Especially if they can find a way to include some slightly "drier" elements and make good on Volcano Bay's "Water Theme Park" promise. They might also be able to incorporate somewhat more indoor elements to make it less susceptible to weather based demand impacts. Even if built larger than VB, a water park would also likely take up less space than a 4th dry park, which means that would be more land available for adjacent hotels.

If the Egos at Comcast really need a fourth park to match Disney, it's probably just as easy to buy SeaWorld Orlando and replace some of the more animal focused stuff with screenz.

There's enough room for a 5th theme park if they really want. There's an 180 acre parcel of land north of Sand Lake but that's probably being saved as offset wetlands.

There's almost no chance that they would ever be able to develop that parcel north of Sand Lake Road. Shingle Creek flows through there, and it's important enough that Universal won't be able to mess with it. IIRC, there are also legal restrictions that were applied to prevent development on Universal's Shingle Creek parcels. Referring to your map from a few pages ago, the portion of the "park 2" area east of the large pond is also subject to the same protections and cannot be developed. (The pond is within the developable area but to the east of it is protected)

Last edited:
Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
Seeing that Epic Universe is being built, I still can't help but wonder if Zelda might be included in the new park. As it stands, the Lost Continent looks like it's going to stay for many more years despite being a shell of its former self (losing its dueling roller coaster for example) and it doesn't look like it will be replaced by Zelda as many have speculated.

Seeing that Epic Universe is being built, I still can't help but wonder if Zelda might be included in the new park. As it stands, the Lost Continent looks like it's going to stay for many more years despite being a shell of its former self (losing its dueling roller coaster for example) and it doesn't look like it will be replaced by Zelda as many have speculated.
I'm unconvinced Zelda will happen anywhere

I'm unconvinced Zelda will happen anywhere
That's the type of attraction/land that has probably been relegated to a very far back burner due to the covid caused delays. With two relatively new E tickets, I can't envision an E ticket land/attraction for a good number of years in IOA.
Perhaps a C/D ticket attraction or show somewhere in IOA but nothing as major as a Zelda land.

I’m not sure where the IPs for a 4th dry gate would come from. Just keep updating and make 3 near perfect parks.

Not to mention what would make the 4 parks different enough besides movie Ip land? I know Disney is a mess but Animal kingdom Is distinctly different and Epcot still does have the travel around the world aspect.

I think Epic will need to find its identity first and see how well it pulls people down there before we even talk about more expansion.

Reactions: Scott W.
That's the type of attraction/land that has probably been relegated to a very far back burner due to the covid caused delays. With two relatively new E tickets, I can't envision an E ticket land/attraction for a good number of years in IOA.
Perhaps a C/D ticket attraction or show somewhere in IOA but nothing as major as a Zelda land.
If they’re going to be “aggressive” like the CFO was saying the other week, I expect things for all the parks in short order after EU, other wise that was just empty bluster

Yes, I think we can all agree that they waited a bit too long with updating Epcot...I think that's the most glaring case

That's my major concern with them getting too much bigger that a third gate

I've heard the argument that "they're out of room" pre-EU land acquisition

But that's a very MK line of thinking...I much prefer the no ride is safe approach Universal takes

Exactly. It may be a classic ride but, if no one is riding it, it's an inefficient use of space where space is a premium.

The way Universal has been spreading out WWoHP indicates it’ll be split up. Seems like a no brainer to have SNW + DK expansion in EU, Pokémon at USF (adios Kidzone!), and Zelda in IOA.
I mean, sure, it makes sense. But it also makes sense to connect Ministry of Magic to the existing London area in USF and not put it in EU, yet here we are. haha

Reactions: JawsVictim
Is there even room for a fifth gate? I’m going to put my energy into rooting for the best version of EU and the best upgrades to US/VB as possible before we even get into that
Look up Phantasialand in Germany, just for fun. It's not even 70 acres and that includes hotels! It has 7 rollercoasters, huge darkrides and the longest flume ride I know.

I’m not sure where the IPs for a 4th dry gate would come from. Just keep updating and make 3 near perfect parks.

Not to mention what would make the 4 parks different enough besides movie Ip land? I know Disney is a mess but Animal kingdom Is distinctly different and Epcot still does have the travel around the world aspect.

I think Epic will need to find its identity first and see how well it pulls people down there before we even talk about more expansion.

Who knows what the next popular thing will be. By the time a 4th park is even a consideration could easily be 20 years from now.

Illuminations or Dreamworks could make the next sensation, Lord of the Rings could be a massive hit on Amazon and Universal acquire the park rides, they have a tight relationship with Netflix, Peacock could make a massively popular show, Monsters at Epic could leave the public wanting more, there's always more Nintendo.

While the parks have strayed away from their origins and this is pure fan speculation but I've always wanted to see the parksas this; USF as real places, IOA as fantasy in the real world and EU as pure fantasy. Where a 4th park would be unique, who knows.

The only reason why it's kind of important is that Universal will be building this resort with the intention of maybe some day building more. You don't want to build your new park in the middle of a giant plot of land and leave little option for future expansion and with EU being slammed against the Kirkman Road expansion and the back of house warehouses, it leaves opportunity. Whether they use it not, doesn't matter but having the option does.

IOA opened 8 months after Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone came out in the USA. They are always creating new things.
And EU will probably open 8 months after Fantastic Beasts 3 comes out ;)

I do worry that the current state of filmmaking will make new IPs harder to find, but new stuff will come out. And people are still clamoring for old franchises like Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and Godzilla to come to the parks. And Avatar's sitting right there...

Status
Not open for further replies.