Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 295 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IoA has also felt like a "I'm sweating my ass off, why aren't there more indoor attractions?" park (although not as much as Busch). Theatre attractions fix that by having a dark space to literally chill for 20 minutes.

This is by design after USF had one outdoor attractions for many years. Same reason it has so many water rides and coasters, too.

Respectfully disagree. Now that Illuminations is gone, HMUS is by a mile my favorite show of all the FL parks.

I love the show (loved it more in its original form) but rarely seen it play to more than a half-full house. And the number of APs I've had to take there for their first time shocks me. Good as it is, it's just not in that theme park zeitgeist. Kind of like If I Ran the Zoo, the best pre-k attraction in Orlando at the park "that doesn't have anything for little kids to do."

I love the show (loved it more in its original form) but rarely seen it play to more than a half-full house. And the number of APs I've had to take there for their first time shocks me. Good as it is, it's just not in that theme park zeitgeist. Kind of like If I Ran the Zoo, the best pre-k attraction in Orlando at the park "that doesn't have anything for little kids to do."

People make absolutely no sense.

In regards to EU discussion, wake me up when we know something about the Ministry ride. :yawn:

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
I’ve been going to Universal my whole life really and it took me until November 2020 to watch HMUS. It never really drew me in and even though I love it now, it isn’t a priority for me to go to every time I visit. I honestly prefer Bourne over it. If they plan on having a lot of shows at EU, they’ll have to design them to be something special. It seems like stuntshows and dance shows are the way to go in terms of drawing in a crowd. People like high-action stuff.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’ve been going to Universal my whole life really and it took me until November 2020 to watch HMUS. It never really drew me in and even though I love it now, it isn’t a priority for me to go to every time I visit. I honestly prefer Bourne over it. If they plan on having a lot of shows at EU, they’ll have to design them to be something special. It seems like stuntshows and dance shows are the way to go in terms of drawing in a crowd. People like high-action stuff.
HMUS is a hidden little gem that's super intimate in its theater size

Certainly not for everyone, but it has a small "comedy club/small town theater" vibe to it that I appreciate

That being said, I don't see anything like that being created again lol

Taking a guess Illumination would be in the hub.

I'd have to assume the hub would be like Port of Entry, where it's a non-IP based land. I could be proven wrong, but I have to think that they wouldn't have the main opening area of the park be illumination based.

Which brings a question..could it be possible that this replaced a land?

On the other hand, it would be nice if he was correct about "a couple of years." I'm usually not a stickler for amounts, but four is not a couple.

Also, "biggest" as defined by acreage?

Reactions: alomar
Full article.

Interesting note.

Meanwhile, the economic recovery from the pandemic is happening faster than expected in the theme park business, said Shell who spoke off strong attendance at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando.
“We’ve had 11 million people, as of last month, go through the parks since we reopened. We haven’t had any outbreaks. We’ve done it safely,” Shell said of Orlando.

I mean since LOTR is unlikely, and I think the plot is large enough to hold 2 lands anyways, I feel that’s destined to be something Illuminations, with the Nintendo expansion staying Nintendo.

Also dang I can’t read the article cause of paywall, bummer.

Reactions: amar831
Status
Not open for further replies.