Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 294 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think EU would have a daily daytime parade? I feel like the characters from Nintendo and HTTYD would translate well into floats, although idk how it would affect the hub and it's traffic

Do we think EU would have a daily daytime parade? I feel like the characters from Nintendo and HTTYD would translate well into floats, although idk how it would affect the hub and it's traffic
Maybe someday. There seems to be some infrastructure in place to position this park to help Universal compete with WDW. Daytime parades could be part of the plan long term.

I’d be shocked if 0 Theatres at UOR don’t get filled before EU. Either way, I think EU will set a new standard for Universal shows. So, I’m hoping they’re good!

Reactions: Coolbfitz
One thing I know needs to happen at the new park (and IOA) is having an abundance of shows. IOA practically has nothing in the form of a show that eats people. It’s blatantly noticeable, not just in overall wait times but the fact that there’s really nowhere to go, sit, and enjoy something other than a ride/queue.

Question: Were the shows UOR had (sindbad, Fear Factor etc) not appealing to visitors, and subsequently meant they polled low/didnt draw crowds the reason they are no longer there, or is it the appetite for shows in general? Bourne capacity is 700 so if thats comparable to an E-ticket ride depending on how few shows an hour so begs question whether it's better off than another high capacity ride.

also, the centre fountain/lagoon at UEU has about a mile's worth of bleachers for some sort of show viewing area

Question: Were the shows UOR had (sindbad, Fear Factor etc) not appealing to visitors, and subsequently meant they polled low/didnt draw crowds the reason they are no longer there, or is it the appetite for shows in general? Bourne capacity is 700 so if thats comparable to an E-ticket ride depending on how few shows an hour so begs question whether it's better off than another high capacity ride.

also, the centre fountain/lagoon at UEU has about a mile's worth of bleachers for some sort of show viewing area
Can’t speak to the scores of those, but shows are generally more expensive to run than rides. Average shows usually cost about the same as an E-ticket to operate while the higher end shows can go well above that.

Then when you add in the fact that way fewer people usually watch the shows than go on an E-ticket, they end up appearing even worse when the finance types are looking at keeping them running or shutting them down if the scores aren't good.

Can’t speak to the scores of those, but shows are generally more expensive to run than rides. Average shows usually cost about the same as an E-ticket to operate while the higher end shows can go well above that.

Then when you add in the fact that way fewer people usually watch the shows than go on an E-ticket, they end up appearing even worse when the finance types are looking at keeping them running or shutting them down if the scores aren't good.

That kinda speaks to what I was getting at, shows seem to depreciate rather quickly and are a diminishing returns for parks. I love a show like anybody else, but im not sure they are something that can be planned for the long haul to last in any particular land and don't think they are the people eaters people assume they are

That kinda speaks to what I was getting at, shows seem to depreciate rather quickly and are a diminishing returns for parks. I love a show like anybody else, but im not sure they are something that can be planned for the long haul to last in any particular land and don't think they are the people eaters people assume they are

With the exception of HHN, they've definitely been a tough nut to crack for Universal. Seem to work best as "steetmosphere"/world-building rather than massive people-eaters.

With the exception of HHN, they've definitely been a tough nut to crack for Universal. Seem to work best as "steetmosphere"/world-building rather than massive people-eaters.
Yeah Bourne surprised the heck out of me

I guess there wasn't much they could do with the space

It seems like two shows and possibly an Olivanders on steroids is expected

Plus a nighttime show of course

Yeah Bourne surprised the heck out of me

I guess there wasn't much they could do with the space

It seems like two shows and possibly an Olivanders on steroids is expected

Plus a nighttime show of course
I don’t want to throw this thread too far off it’s stated topic, but Bourne was my 2nd favorite part of the trip. It was so incredibly well done. I didn’t expect such a good show.

a few shows like that in Epic Universe plus the rides will make for an incredible experience.

I just think IOA is hurting right now with not having any people eater shows.

I don’t want to throw this thread too far off it’s stated topic, but Bourne was my 2nd favorite part of the trip. It was so incredibly well done. I didn’t expect such a good show.

a few shows like that in Epic Universe plus the rides will make for an incredible experience.

I just think IOA is hurting right now with not having any people eater shows.
I also think having two of the most popular Intamins in the world also causes a crowding issue

Part of me thinks USF just needs to open something compelling

It has been a bit since USF has opened something that garners the attention of something like Veloci or Hagrid..Basically since Diagon

As far as Epic goes, I'm interested to see what they come up with. The shows seem needed to help pad out the day a bit more

I also think having two of the most popular Intamins in the world also causes a crowding issue

Part of me thinks USF just needs to open something compelling

It has been a bit since USF has opened something that garners the attention of something like Veloci or Hagrid..Basically since Diagon

As far as Epic goes, I'm interested to see what they come up with. The shows seem needed to help pad out the day a bit more
Also not trying to derail but I went about a month ago with friends who I’d call mostly GP and they all commented on how there was so much to do at IoA and studios was just alright. Thankfully Mardi Gras created a sense of purpose as to being there but otherwise I’m also in the camp that something else should come to the studios, another land like diagon and the ones they’re planning for EU in studios would be the dream

Also not trying to derail but I went about a month ago with friends who I’d call mostly GP and they all commented on how there was so much to do at IoA and studios was just alright. Thankfully Mardi Gras created a sense of purpose as to being there but otherwise I’m also in the camp that something else should come to the studios, another land like diagon and the ones they’re planning for EU in studios would be the dream
Yeah IOA has always been the "cool park"...some of it is intentionally by design

I honestly think if Shrek was replaced by something practical, Kidzone was replaced by an immersive land, and RockIt was a different coaster we'd be having a different convo

I'm hoping they do something about it before Epic or at least begin to re-address issues

I would have loved to hear the internal discussions around addition timelines prepandemic. I’m so curious what the plan was for the existing parks in the lead up to EU. Even if Comcast wanted to bring back that original plan, I honestly believe that this global supply shortage and increased pricing would make that cost prohibitive.

IoA has also felt like a "I'm sweating my ass off, why aren't there more indoor attractions?" park (although not as much as Busch). Theatre attractions fix that by having a dark space to literally chill for 20 minutes.
Yup. And some of the queues don't help, either. Hulk is one of the worst offenders, which is crazy because they just redid the ride and queue a few years ago and it's very evident when waiting in the Velocicoaster queue compared to the Hulk queue as they're night and day.

A year round show in Seuss Landing I really think would work well, but I know that space is saved for The Grinch. Just a full on stage show that adults could enjoy would add to that ride side of the park, and of course having anything in LC, but I don’t see that happening until LC is torn down. Only see Poseidon’s returning.

Then again, there’s the TL Ampitheatre. In my entire time of going to UOR I’ve never seen anything playing there, not one thing.

My ultimate guess is 1 show in either IOA or USF pre Epic Universe, and the rest of the spaces on the current property that is used for theatres get torn down for future lands/atrractions, with shows being a main focus at Epic Universe mainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.