Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 292 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind something Metroid or Starfox related.
While I know if Nintendo goes into the parks it’ll likely be built based on the games....... Star Fox has tremendous Cinema quality to it possibly. I wouldn’t rule out them for a ride at some point. Very self explanatory, so being a fan of the games wouldn’t matter.

Reactions: SpyderDan
While I know if Nintendo goes into the parks it’ll likely be built based on the games....... Star Fox has tremendous Cinema quality to it possibly. I wouldn’t rule out them for a ride at some point. Very self explanatory, so being a fan of the games wouldn’t matter.

Star Fox is basically a dead franchise. Won’t happen.

Plenty of dead franchises have come back from the dead. Never say never - especially if they start building a Nintendo Cinematic Universe.
I mean, sure, maybe in 15 years when they get to a Star Fox movie after making movies for games that actually sell. :lol:

EDIT: Just for reference, look at this chart.Breath of the Wild had sold more games than the entire Star Fox series combined. It’s just not a realistic expectation

Attachments

• 457F2ACA-24F4-4E90-8FE8-EC87EA55E4FA.jpeg
    457F2ACA-24F4-4E90-8FE8-EC87EA55E4FA.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I mean, sure, maybe in 15 years when they get to a Star Fox movie after making movies for games that actually sell. :lol:

EDIT: Just for reference, look at this chart.Breath of the Wild had sold more games than the entire Star Fox series combined. It’s just not a realistic expectation

Star Fox was getting a show ahead of some of the other better selling franchises.

So never say never.

I think if anything is going to drastically change from the concept art, the coaster is one of the most likely things. Sure, we saw a dueling out and back type coaster in the concept art, but until we see something a bit more official about what exactly is going into the park from Universal themselves, I feel like that coaster could be literally anything as of now.

If you want an idea of what they might be like:

Reactions: Nick
I do think Star Fox has fairly high potential in the TV/Movie sphere, but I don't think we'll see it for quite some time, if ever.

Yeah, as much as I do like the Star Fox series, realistically I don't see anything TV/Movie related happening. The series is stuck, with one game getting remade multiple times and any attempt to take the series further is panned. Star Fox Assault laid out a good path and has one of the best stories in the series, just needed some control tweaks. But people panned that since it wasn't SF 64. Star Fox Command then proceeded to tank things with the multiple story/ending routes with downright awful writing. An then came SF Zero which was another reboot/remake, but with forced motion controls.

The most one is gonna' get animation wise is A Fox in Space, which is actually pretty well done, but it's solely a fan-made project.

Yeah, as much as I do like the Star Fox series, realistically I don't see anything TV/Movie related happening. The series is stuck, with one game getting remade multiple times and any attempt to take the series further is panned. Star Fox Assault laid out a good path and has one of the best stories in the series, just needed some control tweaks. But people panned that since it wasn't SF 64. Star Fox Command then proceeded to tank things with the multiple story/ending routes with downright awful writing. An then came SF Zero which was another reboot/remake, but with forced motion controls.

The most one is gonna' get animation wise is A Fox in Space, which is actually pretty well done, but it's solely a fan-made project.
I think Star Fox is the one property where starting with a non-game “reboot” is the smarter way to pull it. Sonic the Hedgehog hasn’t had a hugely successful game in years, but the movie was still received well enough for a sequel.

It’s a “known” property that’s the closest thing to Star Wars available to Universal. It’s a kid-centric, action-focused space opera (Star Trek is far more adult and character-focused) with an ensemble of sellable characters. A movie would be marketable as is, independent of the games, especially if it’s developed as part of Illumination’s Mario partnership. Just focus on Star Fox saving Corneria and the Lylat system from Andross while avenging his father, with some antagonist fly-bys from Star Wolf, and you have a movie.

Last edited:
Star Fox: Assualt was the ****. The multiplayer is one of my fondest gaming memorizes with my neighbor. Up there with Kirby Air Ride free-roam in terms of fun.

Maybe a One Fish Two Fish style Star Fox flat ride within a 360 cirkel screened room where you can shoot and play against the other riders would be great for this ip?

What you described reminded me of the Cyborg attraction at Six Flags New England. :lol:

this has the same vibe as West Coast Racers at SFMM. It is s solid fun ride that is not too intense. It should make a good coast for Epic Universe.
[/QUOTE]

I think it'll be way more exciting than WCR especially if it is MACK building it and UC putting their takes into the theming, and thankfully wont have that stupid mobius loop. Each track on my Pre-vis is considerably longer than the two loops combined of WCR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.