Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 314 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, it's the tropes that get reused that make it feel repetitive.
That’s why I’m waiting to see something different before I feel good about it being re-used, it’s not that it can’t be better and/or different, we have yet to see it.

The last elevator on Transformers should have been a ToT style drop....missed opportunity
Can't really do that in the size building they have. The whole point of the elevators is to ensure vehicles are going through the course at the same speed/timing. Having one elevator that went up slow and another that would be a fast drop would probably throw off timing too much. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the issues that ROTR was having.

Can't really do that in the size building they have. The whole point of the elevators is to ensure vehicles are going through the course at the same speed/timing. Having one elevator that went up slow and another that would be a fast drop would probably throw off timing too much. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the issues that ROTR was having.
This makes sense obviously and for some reason I never thought if it in that exact context. Makes perfect sense. That said, maybe a mor proper drop at the end if what we’re looking for? Obviously would only be so high, but at that small level of a job, maybe it’s feasible?

I wonder if this is why Hagrid’s has issues also. Just proves it’s very difficult to have several types of things going on at one time, another reason why I’m super impressed with Mario Kart is there is a million things happening but it all seems to flow together insanely well from a POV perspective.

Okay I hear your point more. For my point however, I have not seen Universal do something with a Scoop that is drastically different than Spider-Man, doesn’t mean it can’t happen, they have yet to show that. I’m taking very specifically about a Scoop vehicle, also, as it’s an extremely unique ride system, that hasn’t seem to be expanded upon. I understand the layout is different so for the engineers and Universal it’s more complicated and different, but do most guests even know about that? I only do from here.

So idk if that makes sense but I actually agree with you overall, I hear what you’re saying about stages. I don’t know many live shows outside of theme parks where the stage itself moves however, but I hear you.
Well the two rides using the vehicle were basically supposed to be variations of the same ride (TF was the west coast SpiderMan more or less). Doesn't mean it will be used the same next time. After all, no one compains Pirates and Small World are the same. :)

Well the two rides using the vehicle were basically supposed to be variations of the same ride (TF was the west coast SpiderMan more or less). Doesn't mean it will be used the same next time. After all, no one compains Pirates and Small World are the same. :)
Of course! I just want to see it first before I hear it’s coming to EU, cause I’m hoping EU brings a lot of truly new things, which SNW is promising so far. I love this ride system but I just want to see how they can expand it. I don’t doubt they can it’s just we haven’t seen it!

Oh yeah, the whole ride would half to be redesigned...It's in my "things I dream about that would be difficult in practice" manila folder

I have been on another Infamous Oceaneering ride that utilizes the same system as spiderman and transformers and I have to say it really showed what could be done outside of universal. Some will say the rides feel the same due to the ride vehicle but i felt the Curse of Darkastle was very different, pacing wise from transformers and spiderman. so I feel they could very well do another at EU and it will not feel like "another spiderman"

I have been on another Infamous Oceaneering ride that utilizes the same system as spiderman and transformers and I have to say it really showed what could be done outside of universal. Some will say the rides feel the same due to the ride vehicle but i felt the Curse of Darkastle was very different, pacing wise from transformers and spiderman. so I feel they could very well do another at EU and it will not feel like "another spiderman"
True. it didn't feel like SpiderMan or Transformers. The ride was good but the storyline was a bit convoluted. It's a shame Blackstone let the attraction suffer from lack of meaningful maintenance. A real shame.

For the reduced budget Dark Kastle was great. And the original storyline was better than the modified second+ season.

It will be interesting to see what else they come up with for the ride system as time goes on. I'm kind of surprised they haven't done one on a full sized scissor lift so the vehicles can really get some height and perform a more physical drop.

I mean, most dark rides do the exact same thing. They take you from scene to scene as a story unfolds. Just like most roller coasters have the same elements just in different orders. Doesn't negate from each attraction having it's own soul and identity. Guess i'm approaching it as a "half full" kinda park goer.

To be clear, I just want a more different experience that doesn’t hit the exact same beats Spidey and Transformers do. Even one full on practical scene helps. It’ll be fun regardless if the system is used.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Do we know anything about the Jurassic world ride? It uses the same system right? I wish I had time to see all the rides that uses the scoop style vehicles as i am sure it is a few overseas.

So now it seems relatively official that it’ll be about 2 years at least between SNW fully opened in Japan and here. It’s a timeline I think we’ve all been curious about but now it seems much more worthy of discussion or if that means anything different for EU. I’m totally gonna avoid a DK POV tho, couldn’t for Mario Kart but I can wait 2 years at that point.

My predictions and hope of what is coming......

-Nintendo World - This is the only sure thing in the park at this moment. It will probably have 3 to 4 rides from Mario Kart (hopefully updated version), Yoshi people mover, a Donkey Kong coaster and imho a Zelda ride or experience. I really feel like Zelda should be in this park since it still has a large following.

-llumination Land - It has been confirmed that the "Illumination" brand of movies will be coming to the park. I feel that that they should make "Zones" within the land to have a new Minions ride (with some shops and restaurants and area themed to the Minions franchise.) Life of pets ride and finally a "Sing" ride. All of these rides brought over from Universals other parks.

Lands that will not make it - Harry Potter, How to Train your dragons, and possibly the Monster Area.

-Harry Potter - In my opinion will not make it to the park and think any rides slotted for this area will move to Universal such as a flying broomstick ride and possibly another dark ride replacing Fear factor.

-How to train your Dragon - With no new movies coming and a small and not very popular franchise I just don't see this coming at all.

-Monsters - Again just not that big of a draw, better kept for the Halloween Horror nights and so on.

Lands that I think "Will" make it in...

- Star Trek Universe
- With Harry Potter not making it's way into the park and with more movies coming and a "cult" like following of this franchise, this would be a direct competitor to the Star Wars area in Disney. With the old ride in Las Vegas making over $70 million and having an early ride in Universal, plus with it literally called "EPIC UNIVERSE", you need a strong space themed franchise that could carry the park.
This land could have at least 3 rides, the Star Fleet Cadet shuttle training Coaster (which is already in concept form on the map). A Borg/Klingon encounter ride similar to the "Rise of the Resistance" but incorporating more tech. I think another ride could be a "Landing Party" type shooting game like Men in Black. The entire land could be themed like a "Starbase" and have starships docked and even leaving port to add immersion.

-Sponge Bob - I think we could still see this franchise come in this park. It has longevity with generations of people from young kids to their parents who grew up watching Sponge Bob. I think this would be the perfect franchise to open several rides that would be great all ages.

-Universal Movie Lot - Make this area a smaller version of the original Universal Studios with it's most beloved rides and movies that should not have ever left but updated. For example, a Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, and Jaws. These 3 movies/rides need to make their way back into the park because they are timeless.

• Haha
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
My predictions and hope of what is coming......

-Nintendo World - This is the only sure thing in the park at this moment. It will probably have 3 to 4 rides from Mario Kart (hopefully updated version), Yoshi people mover, a Donkey Kong coaster and imho a Zelda ride or experience. I really feel like Zelda should be in this park since it still has a large following.

-llumination Land - It has been confirmed that the "Illumination" brand of movies will be coming to the park. I feel that that they should make "Zones" within the land to have a new Minions ride (with some shops and restaurants and area themed to the Minions franchise.) Life of pets ride and finally a "Sing" ride. All of these rides brought over from Universals other parks.

Lands that will not make it - Harry Potter, How to Train your dragons, and possibly the Monster Area.

-Harry Potter
- In my opinion will not make it to the park and think any rides slotted for this area will move to Universal such as a flying broomstick ride and possibly another dark ride replacing Fear factor.

-How to train your Dragon - With no new movies coming and a small and not very popular franchise I just don't see this coming at all.

-Monsters - Again just not that big of a draw, better kept for the Halloween Horror nights and so on.

Lands that I think "Will" make it in...

- Star Trek Universe
- With Harry Potter not making it's way into the park and with more movies coming and a "cult" like following of this franchise, this would be a direct competitor to the Star Wars area in Disney. With the old ride in Las Vegas making over $70 million and having an early ride in Universal, plus with it literally called "EPIC UNIVERSE", you need a strong space themed franchise that could carry the park.
This land could have at least 3 rides, the Star Fleet Cadet shuttle training Coaster (which is already in concept form on the map). A Borg/Klingon encounter ride similar to the "Rise of the Resistance" but incorporating more tech. I think another ride could be a "Landing Party" type shooting game like Men in Black. The entire land could be themed like a "Starbase" and have starships docked and even leaving port to add immersion.

-Sponge Bob - I think we could still see this franchise come in this park. It has longevity with generations of people from young kids to their parents who grew up watching Sponge Bob. I think this would be the perfect franchise to open several rides that would be great all ages.

-Universal Movie Lot - Make this area a smaller version of the original Universal Studios with it's most beloved rides and movies that should not have ever left but updated. For example, a Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, and Jaws. These 3 movies/rides need to make their way back into the park because they are timeless.

There is literally no way HTTYD, Monsters and Potter get replaced with Star Trek, Spongebob and Jaws et al. Weren’t people complaining about Epcot becoming MK 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.