Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally no way HTTYD, Monsters and Potter get replaced with Star Trek, Spongebob and Jaws et al. Weren’t people complaining about Epcot becoming MK 2.0?
You may be right, but in my opinion they had Star Trek once in the park plus with it being closed but made $70 million over in Las Vegas I think if done right would be far better and a bigger brand then HTTYD. HP I think will be kept to the other parks since I think the broomstick ride will go in at Universal studios. Also, with Ghostsbusters coming out with new movie I feel like those rides were timeless but should be a new take on those. The Monsters is not a big draw for most except for Halloween. HTTYD simply doesn't have the following like Spongebob or Star trek and to make Epic worth going to you need big names in the park. Nintendo can't carry the entire park. Again this is just my opinion.....

You may be right, but in my opinion they had Star Trek once in the park plus with it being closed but made $70 million over in Las Vegas I think if done right would be far better and a bigger brand then HTTYD. HP I think will be kept to the other parks since I think the broomstick ride will go in at Universal studios. Also, with Ghostsbusters coming out with new movie I feel like those rides were timeless but should be a new take on those. The Monsters is not a big draw for most except for Halloween. HTTYD simply doesn't have the following like Spongebob or Star trek and to make Epic worth going to you need big names in the park. Nintendo can't carry the entire park. Again this is just my opinion.....

It’s going to have two lands based on properties in the all time top 10 most lucrative. At worst HTTYD is the equivalent to an original land. People seem to want those, right?

I am not the only one with these opinions on Monsters and Star Trek making a return into the park. There are ton of rumors that Universal doesn't see the need as it's "Scraping the bottom of the Barrel" for the ministry of Magic and further rumors of the Broomstick ride heading to Universal. There's no one that can ever convince me that HTTYD is bigger then Sponge Bob? It has longevity and a cult following from kids and parents a like. HTTYD was good movie series but no where as big as Sponge Bob or let's say Nickelodeon. As for Star Trek, many people are calling for this to return on many forums (just Google it) as it makes complete sense to do so. It has again a cult following, future movies, theming would be easy as well as idea for exciting rides and most of all how can you have a land that's based on outer space without a major IP that deals with outer space. This is supposed to be an "EPIC" universe but if the rumors are true and no HP, then that leaves Nintendo, Monsters, Illumination and HTTYD. That to me doesn't sound all that exciting to me and sounds more like a kiddie park (except the monsters part). At most rumors have the monsters part with 1 dark ride, which could still come but I just don't see that as a huge draw for me and my family. Jaws, Back to the Future and Ghostbusters are all timeless movies with a huge following and I feel like an area could pay tribute to the original idea of Universal Studios with these rides. Maybe put the Monsters ride in there. Perhaps even have the old psycho house. I can see Pokemon coming into one of the parks as well. Again this is all speculation anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if many of the main lands change.

I am not the only one with these opinions on Monsters and Star Trek making a return into the park. There are ton of rumors that Universal doesn't see the need as it's "Scraping the bottom of the Barrel" for the ministry of Magic and further rumors of the Broomstick ride heading to Universal. There's no one that can ever convince me that HTTYD is bigger then Sponge Bob? It has longevity and a cult following from kids and parents a like. HTTYD was good movie series but no where as big as Sponge Bob or let's say Nickelodeon. As for Star Trek, many people are calling for this to return on many forums (just Google it) as it makes complete sense to do so. It has again a cult following, future movies, theming would be easy as well as idea for exciting rides and most of all how can you have a land that's based on outer space without a major IP that deals with outer space. This is supposed to be an "EPIC" universe but if the rumors are true and no HP, then that leaves Nintendo, Monsters, Illumination and HTTYD. That to me doesn't sound all that exciting to me and sounds more like a kiddie park (except the monsters part). At most rumors have the monsters part with 1 dark ride, which could still come but I just don't see that as a huge draw for me and my family. Jaws, Back to the Future and Ghostbusters are all timeless movies with a huge following and I feel like an area could pay tribute to the original idea of Universal Studios with these rides. Maybe put the Monsters ride in there. Perhaps even have the old psycho house. I can see Pokemon coming into one of the parks as well. Again this is all speculation anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if many of the main lands change.

Maybe there will be an Iron Maiden land too!

HTTYD won't be a bad land at all, it's a theme we have yet to see in Orlando surprisingly and will be a big hit regardless of the IP popularity. I'm just surprised that in the modern era of pushing all of your IPs into a park, they didn't go with a general Dreamworks area.

HTTYD is based on an evergreen concept (the concept of dragons alone is universal), with one of the most well-rounded list of attractions in the park. The only thing missing honestly is a proper E-Ticket, even if the Show was seemingly going to be that.

Would it be better if it was restructured as a general DWA land? I do argue a small bit, as I think Beijing Panda and a Shrek dark ride would be major hits for EU. But I'm willing to be fine.

W o a h.

I come in to check in on this thread to see what people are thinking, and I'm seeing talk of SpongeBob, Star Trek, and-

*checks notes*

MOTHERF*KING JAWS COMING BACK?!

What did I miss?

It was me speculating on what I would like to see come to the park as i thought this thread said what would you like/think may be coming to Epic Universe. Just an fyi, I'm not the only one with these guesses as far as new IPs. Just do a Google search and you will see many others believe it too. Then again everything is speculation at this point.

It was me speculating on what I would like to see come to the park as i thought this thread said what would you like/think may be coming to Epic Universe. Just an fyi, I'm not the only one with these guesses as far as new IPs. Just do a Google search and you will see many others believe it too. Then again everything is speculation at this point.

Welcome to the board by the way! There are definitely people who would love to see classic rides/IPs return to the parks. There’s also been some discussion on the merits of Star Trek recently and back when Galaxy’s Edge was announced. If you want to read some of those posts you can always do a search within the board.

Universal is definitely starting to lean into nostalgia with their new store or even with a new iteration of Kong. However, Monsters is deeply engrained in Universal history and kept the studio afloat. So by discounting their relevancy, it actually makes an argument against Star Trek/BTTF, Ghostbusters etc. returning.

Welcome to the board by the way! There are definitely people who would love to see classic rides/IPs return to the parks. There’s also been some discussion on the merits of Star Trek recently and back when Galaxy’s Edge was announced. If you want to read some of those posts you can always do a search within the board.

Universal is definitely starting to lean into nostalgia with their new store or even with a new iteration of Kong. However, Monsters is deeply engrained in Universal history and kept the studio afloat. So by discounting their relevancy, it actually makes an argument against Star Trek/BTTF, Ghostbusters etc. returning.
UCM are a lynchpin in American Film and culture. Give them a land in a theme park. :agree:

Not to discourage speculation and fun, but the same four properties are still on for the park as far as I can tell.

And while it may come as a shock to some, Potter is safe, Monsters is safe, Nintendo obviously is safe, and Dragons is the only one I can see possibly being replaced—but like I said, still the same 4 for now. There’s reasons that lead me to believe the other 3 are locked in is all.

Not to discourage speculation and fun, but the same four properties are still on for the park as far as I can tell.

And while it may come as a shock to some, Potter is safe, Monsters is safe, Nintendo obviously is safe, and Dragons is the only one I can see possibly being replaced—but like I said, still the same 4 for now. There’s reasons that lead me to believe the other 3 are locked in is all.
I never in a million years thought I would say this considering I finally decided to save up money and take a trip to uni in 2010 just because of HP...

but I would not have my feelings hurt if potter was not at EU.

But if you say its gonna be there then I believe you and I will be in line when this thing opens regardless. I will just be spending much more time in the western side of the park.

There are too many outside Universal Potter attractions coming to the point, I think truly it should not go to Epic Universe....the exclusivity is lacking.

With the VR thing in New York, this in UK which is separate from the HP studio tour, and the HP Studio Tour In Japan....it seems like too much Potter for a good ROI for Universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.