Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 449 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how much ability they have to do this, but I hope they can change the actual look of the vehicle somewhat. That would really help distinguish it from the two other Scoop rides at Universal Orlando.

big-lebowski.gif

I'd probably like Transformers if Spider-Man didn't exist. But it does!

I like to pretend it's not there.

If the loading platform looks like we're boarding an elevator, I think that will suffice!

Transformers really nailed the feeling of driving FORWARD that we never get on Spider-Man. If you have ever get the chance to watch the Transformers vehicles in the couple scenes where it is supposed to be driving forward, it is impressive.

It lunges forward to simulate acceleration, and then wiggles its way sideways across a few feet of track so it is always moving, before turning around to the next scene. Compare that to Spider-Man where we're always essentially gliding left or right along those few feet of track. The lunge and wiggles sell it!
Curfveture of the screen helps too (see: Cinema). The downside is the car has to stop in front of the screen - Spiderman rarely stops but it's because of the left-to-right movement to match the squinch. The car can't move left-to-right and show forward motion unless the screen is REALLY curved and the cars actually turn as well as move (see: Spiderman free-fall finale).

I know its super early, but has there been any speculation on passholder previews of the park? Or any sort of "precedent" from other parks on how they previewed them?
Islands had a nearly 3-month preview for AP holders.

Islands had a nearly 3-month preview for AP holders. And USF had about the same (although very little worked). My first visit to USF was in April of 1990.

The only thing I can think of for a ride vehicle in the Ministry are from the two court scenes (Goblet and Phoenix). Would have to modify the "benches". Sort of a hybrid between Forbidden Journey vehicle and the Scoop. Realizing the Elevator concept from Alicia's video. There will still need to be seats. Just have a hard time marrying an elevator with a scoop vehicle

View attachment 18209
View attachment 18210
When it was a trackless ride in the early concept, that was the ride vehicles. We’d be seated in several rows in a courtroom and during the first scene it would have broke into two sections and we would have travelled throughout the whole ride together in a pair of courtroom bench sections.

Okay, so since we are in the Wizarding World France, can we PLEASE get a crepe place? Preferably one that has more stations that the Studios crepe place so the line moves faster?

Additionally, since I am talking about food, I hope Orlando’s Toadstool Cafe menu hews closer to Japan’s than Hollywood’s. The pizza bowl and teriyaki chicken being particularly noticeable absences from Hollywood’s menu.

Okay, so since we are in the Wizarding World France, can we PLEASE get a crepe place? Preferably one that has more stations that the Studios crepe place so the line moves faster?

Additionally, since I am talking about food, I hope Orlando’s Toadstool Cafe menu hews closer to Japan’s than Hollywood’s. The pizza bowl and teriyaki chicken being particularly noticeable absences from Hollywood’s menu.

Word on the street is the food menu will rotate, with the fewer offerings being a limitation of USH's food operations in some way. I too am hoping we get something closer to Japan's menu.

I want the Garlic Knots from USH. Everything else can be Japan based.

I predict the food “themes” will be:

Toadstool: American Italian/Italian Grille

Monsters: Steakhouse, better offerings, but same vibe of Monsters Cafe

Dragons: German/BBQ

Potter: Obviously, should be French themed. Would also love a Crepe place.

I hope the merchandise team really strives to fill the Paris Wizarding World shops with a decent amount of unique merchandise. I know that new wands in the French box design are rumored/expected, which is great, but it would be nice if we get some real reasons to buy some new things in those locations.
Move over chocolate frogs, say hello to chocolate snails!

As for Monsters merch, my outside-the-box pitch is for some kind of "Build a Laboratory" concept, taking inspiration from stuff like Creepy Crawlers and the Doctor Dreadful lines. Individual units with specific gimmicks that you buy separately, but which can be linked/joined together so kids can construct their own mad science labs! With Monsters-specific branding, of course.
crawlers.png

xqh6hd9pru271.jpg

812O7-kCUJL.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

And for older kids/adult collectors, a line of Universal-exclusive, highly-articulated Monster action figures (like NECA or McFarlane Toys have produced) would be nice.

I at very least expect a Patisserie in Wizarding World. Their version of France bakery in EPCOT. Baguettes, croissants, macarons, etc.

There was one in the FB2 movie, located in Place Cachee, so fits within the production design for the street already.
This is as close as we’ll get to a Kowalski’s

Reactions: Alicia
I think Kowalski's was added to the movie with the intention of it being put in the parks, but even if you say it's a franchise to explain why its in paris, how do you explain it being in the Wizard World?

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I think Kowalski's was added to the movie with the intention of it being put in the parks, but even if you say it's a franchise to explain why its in paris, how do you explain it being in the Wizard World?
Oh it doesn’t fit, but I do agree it was built with theme park ideas in mind. At least to a minor degree :)

As for Monsters merch, my outside-the-box pitch is for some kind of "Build a Laboratory" concept, taking inspiration from stuff like Creepy Crawlers and the Doctor Dreadful lines. Individual units with specific gimmicks that you buy separately, but which can be linked/joined together so kids can construct their own mad science labs! With Monsters-specific branding, of course.
crawlers.png

xqh6hd9pru271.jpg

812O7-kCUJL.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

And for older kids/adult collectors, a line of Universal-exclusive, highly-articulated Monster action figures (like NECA or McFarlane Toys have produced) would be nice.
Every land is speculated to have an interactive element (likely tied with merchandise) correct? We know SNW will have power-up bands, Wizarding World will have wands, and HTTYD is speculated to have interactive dragon pets you can adopt/buy. That just leaves Monsters, I think an interactive build-a-monster or lab equipment would work well in the lore for the area and make for interesting interactive elements. Or maybe some interactive monster specific artifacts, like Frankenstein bolts, Mummy and Dracula amulets, or werewolf teeth would be cool collectibles and have the potential to interact with and unlock cool interactive elements.

Reactions: belloq87

I think you could easily handwave it away by saying Jacob earned his place (or at least some respect) in the Wizarding World. He aided Dumbledore, helped bring about the exposure of Grindelwald's lie, he married Queenie, he has a ton of magical friends... He had quite a few connections by the end of the films that I'm sure a few strings could be pulled to help him out and franchise his bakery in both the muggle world and the wizarding world.

Every land is speculated to have an interactive element (likely tied with merchandise) correct? We know SNW will have power-up bands, Wizarding World will have wands, and HTTYD is speculated to have interactive dragon pets you can adopt/buy. That just leaves Monsters, I think an interactive build-a-monster or lab equipment would work well in the lore for the area and make for interesting interactive elements. Or maybe some interactive monster specific artifacts, like Frankenstein bolts, Mummy and Dracula amulets, or werewolf teeth would be cool collectibles and have the potential to interact with and unlock cool interactive elements.

Now we're thinking. I will say an interactive area was part of the courtyard in front of the theater, but I think the coaster is better than that and a show that could easily be bad/too scary.

Now we're thinking. I will say an interactive area was part of the courtyard in front of the theater, but I think the coaster is better than that and a show that could easily be bad/too scary.
Not that it’s what we would’ve gotten, but an Alien Encounter style attraction with a Werewolf or really any monster would be great.

Are there still plans for any interactive areas within the land? Maybe near the back where meet and greets were rumored to be relocated after the coaster took up the central “courtyard”?

crawlers.png

xqh6hd9pru271.jpg

812O7-kCUJL.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Man this took me BACK! :)

Reactions: belloq87
Status
Not open for further replies.