Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 450 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it’s what we would’ve gotten, but an Alien Encounter style attraction with a Werewolf or really any monster would be great.

Are there still plans for any interactive areas within the land? Maybe near the back where meet and greets were rumored to be relocated after the coaster took up the central “courtyard”?
"The Trial of Fenrir Greyback." Something like the pic below, with a Werewolf AA in the cage. Deatheaters show up and then things get...intense.

Wizengamot.jpg

• Love
Reactions: tielo and alias8703
I had Creep Crawlers set when I was a kit. You used "plasticgoop" to fill the molds and make fangs eyeballs and even scars. Of course you ran the risk of burning yourself and getting a real scar. I also had vacuforms, but I am ancient.

Reactions: belloq87
I don’t know if the show would have been good or bad, scary or not, but I wonder if there was a concern that having two indoor attractions set within a creepy looking land based on Monsters may have kept families with kids away, BUT, hearing and seeing a fun looking coaster in it could make it seem more inviting, regardless of the property or setting.

Also, it might be worth entertaining the idea that this land could be seen as not based on a modern or flashy IP which would attract kids, but a family looking for fun things to do at the park many gravitate toward a spinning coaster regardless of what it’s based on.

I wonder if the Monsters coaster was added to make the land more family friendly?
I was going to say the same thing earlier. Isn’t Epic being designed to be more family friendly than USF and IOA.

A kiddie coaster doesn’t sound like a bad idea in my opinion. Now all they need is that boat ride and the land will be complete.

I was going to say the same thing earlier. Isn’t Epic being designed to be more family friendly than USF and IOA.

A kiddie coaster doesn’t sound like a bad idea in my opinion. Now all they need is that boat ride and the land will be complete.
Islands arguably has one of the best kids areas of all time and studios is currently in the process of renovating it’s kids area. And even outside of those areas both parks still have attractions the whole family can enjoy. I wouldn’t say Epic appears to be any more family friendly than the other parks already are.

Reactions: OrlLover
I don’t know if the show would have been good or bad, scary or not, but I wonder if there was a concern that having two indoor attractions set within a creepy looking land based on Monsters may have kept families with kids away, BUT, hearing and seeing a fun looking coaster in it could make it seem more inviting, regardless of the property or setting.

Also, it might be worth entertaining the idea that this land could be seen as not based on a modern or flashy IP which would attract kids, but a family looking for fun things to do at the park many gravitate toward a spinning coaster regardless of what it’s based on.

This all makes sense.

I'd still prefer the thematically-coherent and atmosphere-preserving option.

Islands arguably has one of the best kids areas of all time
Tell me you've never been to Kings Islands without actually telling me you've never been to kings islands. This may be a "hot take" or whatever the social sites are calling it now, but Universal sucks at kids areas. IOA has a kids area with just 4 rides with one of them being a major dark ride, 2 flat rides and a people mover and the Studios had one with no actual flats, a first gen vekoma roller skater, a water play area, ball pit, water slide and a show. When you have parks like Kings Island and Carowinds with their industry recognized top tier kids areas. Theming an area can only take you so far especially with a kid. It seems HTTYD is UNiversals renewed take on a kids/family area with the play structures and the two identical flats and splash battle but I feel it needs at least 2 smaller, small kids flats.

Tell me you've never been to Kings Islands without actually telling me you've never been to kings islands. This may be a "hot take" or whatever the social sites are calling it now, but Universal sucks at kids areas. IOA has a kids area with just 4 rides with one of them being a major dark ride, 2 flat rides and a people mover and the Studios had one with no actual flats, a first gen vekoma roller skater, a water play area, ball pit, water slide and a show. When you have parks like Kings Island and Carowinds with their industry recognized top tier kids areas. Theming an area can only take you so far especially with a kid. It seems HTTYD is UNiversals renewed take on a kids/family area with the play structures and the two identical flats and splash battle but I feel it needs at least 2 smaller, small kids flats.

Cedar Point too has a ton of kids areas and rides, but they don't have the play areas quite like Universal has.

Is King’s Island really that great? Everyone seems to adore it all of a sudden and to me the lineup looks solid but not elite. :shrug:

Some kids don't like flat rides though. I'd argue that Super Nintendo World will be the best kids area in the world when it opens in Orlando. Two slow moving kid friendly dark rides, a family coaster, two meet and greets, and tons of interactive elements. It covers all bases.

Even as a kid I could always tell the difference between something like Seuss Landing and the kids areas in a few of the regional parks I went to.

Last edited:
Some kids don't like flat rides though. I'd argue that Super Nintendo World will be the best kids area in the world when it opens in Orlando. Two slow moving kid friendly dark rides, a family coaster, two meet and greets, and tons of interactive elements. It covers all bases.

A roller coaster(a type of ride a lot of kids are scared of) and a ride that requires you to wear a hat and goggles to participate. I think Nintendo is less "kid" friendly than you think.

Cedar Point too has a ton of kids areas and rides, but they don't have the play areas quite like Universal has.
Which is why they are known as America's Roller Coast and that's pretty much all lol.

Is King’s Island really that great? Everyone seems to adore it all of a sudden
I wouldn't count the last 15 years or so as all of a sudden. . .

Some kids don't like flat rides though. I'd argue that Super Nintendo World will be the best kids area in the world when it opens in Orlando.
With parks like Phantasialand and Toverland still in existence I would say that is a bold thing to say. First, no iteration of SNW is a "Kids area". It's essentially a multisensory game land that appeals to tweens to adults. Lucky there is the yoshi ride in Osaka and it's 36inch height requirement with an adult but I do not see many toddlers comprehending the AR headset and the entire gist of the game on wheels.

yes some kids do not like flats but those are generally the spin and spew ones. MOST kids like flats like a carousel, flying dumbos, anything that goes around in a circle.

Two slow moving kid friendly dark rides, a family coaster, two meet and greets, and tons of interactive elements. It covers all bases.
Mario aside, you think this makes the worlds best kids area? No shows, No flat rides, no pl
Even as a kid I could always tell the difference between something like Seuss Landing and the kids areas in a few of the regional parks I went to.
Well, yeah. The theming makes a huge difference but at the end of the day people pay for rides and attractions.

Last edited:
Which is why they are known as America's Roller Coast and that's pretty much all lol.

I wouldn't count the last 15 years or so as all of a sudden. . .

No I mean I’m seeing it called the best park in North America by some (namely Airtime Thrills and Theme Park Avenue).

I don't know how much ability they have to do this, but I hope they can change the actual look of the vehicle somewhat. That would really help distinguish it from the two other Scoop rides at Universal Orlando.

big-lebowski.gif

I'd probably like Transformers if Spider-Man didn't exist. But it does!

Transformers is a more technically impressive ride but it shows just how important a good story and pacing is to the overall experience.

Jimmy Fallon should be terrible and I don't even like the person but it's somehow made into a fun ride.

Move over chocolate frogs, say hello to chocolate snails!

Leviosecargo.

Transformers is a more technically impressive ride but it shows just how important a good story and pacing is to the overall experience.

I think that's fair. The implementation of the elevators is an extra engineering wrinkle that Spidey doesn't have. And it's executed well.

Doesn't translate, to me, into a more enjoyable ride, though!

We had play area's all around the village I lived but I rather went into nature, jumping ditches (and getting soaked) and building a tree hut. In our amusement parks we had enough spinners and kiddy coasters to satisfy me there and thank god we never had meet and greets, those dead faces on masked characters are still feeding my nightmares.
In the end, if you give a kid attention (and don't treat it like an idiot but a real person) and you are fine when they get dirty playing in the mud, a kid will be as happy as can be.
Children in the Netherlands are among the world's happiest. Here's what the parents do differently

Status
Not open for further replies.