Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 497 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Alicia what are those small octagonal kiosks/booth? There is one outside the Potter Portal and this one on the inside of Dark Universe. Is this where the human one would have to interface with if they opt out of the facial recognition thing be?

Hey @Alicia what are those small octagonal kiosks/booth? There is one outside the Potter Portal and this one on the inside of Dark Universe. Is this where the human one would have to interface with if they opt out of the facial recognition thing be?
They seem to be stationed at some of the exit paths for the lands, not the entrances. So maybe security to ensure no one’s sneaking in the back.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I haven’t rode them, we don’t know everything, and I’m trying to not be a blatant Universal stan…

I suspect Monsters and Potter E tickets are gonna be the new best rides at UOR, and in the top tier in Orlando in general. I suspect they’re game changer levels of goodness. DK I think may fit in here as well.

Hi all - I'm excited for Epic Universe! It sounds like a balanced lineup for opening day. Do we know any other rumors about what could potentially be added to Epic Universe after opening day?

The Creatures boat ride seems like a highly likely first addition to occur after opening day, based on discussions on here. Pokémon makes sense as Epic Universe's first big expansion, given that Universal Studios Japan is purportedly set to replace their Spidey ride with a Pokémon dark ride. LOTR is rumored, too, it seems.

DreamWorks probably depends on what UO leadership wants to do with KidZone - they might save Shrek for a full-blown land at Epic Universe timed for shortly after Shrek 5 if that becomes hugely successful (maybe Trolls, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and The Bad Guys for KidZone). Or they could even use the Kung Fu Panda concept from Beijing if Kung Fu Panda 4 ends up being successful.

Is UO considering any blue-sky/drawing board additions for SNW, Wizarding France, or HTTYD after opening day currently?

DreamWorks probably depends on what UO leadership wants to do with KidZone - they might save Shrek for a full-blown land at Epic Universe timed for shortly after Shrek 5 if that becomes hugely successful (maybe Trolls, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and The Bad Guys for KidZone). Or they could even use the Kung Fu Panda concept from Beijing if Kung Fu Panda 4 ends up being successful.

Is UO considering any blue-sky/drawing board additions for SNW, Wizarding France, or HTTYD after opening day currently?
All rumors point to KidZone being Shrek, Trolls, and Kung Fu Panda (sans ride, for now).

And they have space saved for a Wizarding France attraction since they cut the VR ride.

Reactions: alias8703
Hi all - I'm excited for Epic Universe! It sounds like a balanced lineup for opening day. Do we know any other rumors about what could potentially be added to Epic Universe after opening day?

The Creatures boat ride seems like a highly likely first addition to occur after opening day, based on discussions on here. Pokémon makes sense as Epic Universe's first big expansion, given that Universal Studios Japan is purportedly set to replace their Spidey ride with a Pokémon dark ride. LOTR is rumored, too, it seems.

Of the 4 main branched lands (not Celestial), Nintendo and Wizarding World will see additions sooner than later. But no new land anytime soon

Has there been any mention/rumor of the exterior of Grand Helios on the park side? I know there are several area hotels with those LED walls and with all the buzz about the Sphere in Las Vegas and its projections I wonder if there is something like that planned for GH as part of nighttime shows? I originally thought projection mapping, but between all the video of the Sphere and the huge LED screen that Universal did for the Terminal C Airport store, I'd have to wonder if this could be the exterior of GH...

Has there been any mention/rumor of the exterior of Grand Helios on the park side? I know there are several area hotels with those LED walls and with all the buzz about the Sphere in Las Vegas and its projections I wonder if there is something like that planned for GH as part of nighttime shows? I originally thought projection mapping, but between all the video of the Sphere and the huge LED screen that Universal did for the Terminal C Airport store, I'd have to wonder if this could be the exterior of GH...
As far as I heard there will be embedded RGB LED lights along the side of the hotel facing the theme park, but not to make images... rather, just to create visually interesting lighting at night and/or during the show. Think more like IllumiNations, along the trim, instead of Vegas entire giant square video screens.

Unless things have changed.

Just thinking how Universal likes to do "proof of concept" and the Airport store's screen was REALLY impressive...

I drove pas the Element Hotel off Universal Blvd the other day and it was the first time I noticed they have a screen which is almost like a curtain in front of guest rooms and thought this could be something they explore for the guest facing side of the building...

453278889.jpg

Reactions: Suchomimus
Just thinking how Universal likes to do "proof of concept" and the Airport store's screen was REALLY impressive...

I drove pas the Element Hotel off Universal Blvd the other day and it was the first time I noticed they have a screen which is almost like a curtain in front of guest rooms and thought this could be something they explore for the guest facing side of the building...

453278889.jpg

That screen square is what I believe they’re attempting to avoid.

But the airport store ceiling effect probably is a test, but for something else, that is not a hotel.

But the airport store ceiling effect probably is a test, but for something else, that is not a hotel.
Possible queue feature? Or something along the lines of the 'Be Our Guest' restaurant in MK using it for atmospheric effects?
Or something like Toadstool's Cafe (see )

I really cannot overstate how excited I am for Monsters Unchained. The amount of potential that ride has is insane.
Going back to this, I believe many have shared this sentiment (and based on what we've heard, hopefully it will go this route): The attraction should be genuinely intense. Take the Dementor scene from Forbidden Journey, make it even grander and with the classic monsters, and even push it a little. Imagine pitch darkness, you hear a snarl or hideous laugh, and BAM suddenly you see a Dracula animatronic swooping towards your vehicle.

Also I'm curious how the beginning of the ride will go. We know from Screamscape it likely begins with the Monster's resurrection, but then things quickly go sour (or possibly according to Victoria's plan?), but how do things go sour? Does the power from the resurrection blow a hole in the wall and we tumble into the caverns/dungeons that hold the Monsters? It's so exciting to think about!

Status
Not open for further replies.