Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 495 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Legacy Store is my favorite store at UO for many of the reasons listed above. But putting the EU preview center there makes a ton of sense, also for many of the reasons above. And if it someday resorts back to the Legacy Store, even better.
Actually I think it becomes the fabled Beet Garden when the preview center closes.

Reactions: Grabnar
And I would be all for any way they can add The Office into the parks. Even a Schrute Farms Bed and Breakfast multi-day experience in the same vein as Galactic Starcruiser. Table making and beet wine making classes. Tour of the slaughterhouse. Someone reading Harry Potter to you before bedtime. Maybe for one of the future EU hotels?

• Haha
Reactions: Doug A. and Nico
And I would be all for any way they can add The Office into the parks. Even a Schrute Farms Bed and Breakfast multi-day experience in the same vein as Galactic Starcruiser. Table making and beet wine making classes. Tour of the slaughterhouse. Someone reading Harry Potter to you before bedtime. Maybe for one of the future EU hotels?
I am too inundated with Office jokes on dating apps, please spare me the indignity of having to deal with more Office humor for the rest of my days.

Just looking at Bio's latest photos and it really struck me that three of the four lands are really starting to look "small" to me. We know the size of SNW more or less, and we can guess Potter will be similar in size to Diagon, and now Monsters as it starts to take shape is also looking relatively small. It looks like HTTYD and the hub will be the largest spatially, with relatively open vistas in comparison to the other three which all have intentionally short site lines to keep them thematically separate. I'm starting to think the idea of each being a separate gate/admission/ticket makes more and more sense. Even if they don't actually ticket them that way, I would imagine they'll have to implement a system like the early days of Potter at IoA to keep crowds in each land manageable.

Just looking at Bio's latest photos and it really struck me that three of the four lands are really starting to look "small" to me. We know the size of SNW more or less, and we can guess Potter will be similar in size to Diagon, and now Monsters as it starts to take shape is also looking relatively small. It looks like HTTYD and the hub will be the largest spatially, with relatively open vistas in comparison to the other three which all have intentionally short site lines to keep them thematically separate. I'm starting to think the idea of each being a separate gate/admission/ticket makes more and more sense. Even if they don't actually ticket them that way, I would imagine they'll have to implement a system like the early days of Potter at IoA to keep crowds in each land manageable.
Epic's Wizarding land is double the size of Diagon Alley. Monsters looks to be bigger than Suess Landing and Marvel Superhero Island, and about the same size as Toon Lagoon. Nintendo is the smallest land by far, but keep in mind that it's also multi-level!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Epic's Wizarding land is double the size of Diagon Alley. Monsters looks to be bigger than Suess Landing and Marvel Superhero Island, and about the same size as Toon Lagoon. Nintendo is the smallest land by far, but keep in mind that it's also multi-level!
Monsters is going to be smaller than you think. So much of it is area under the coaster now. The village is really just two buildings...

Nintendo is multi-level just like the existing ones, and the common opinion is they are too small.

Yes, Seuss and Marvel are relatively small, but they both have that secondary area along the lagoon which gives more space. It appears none of these lands have that auxiliary area to take on more bodies except HTTYD.

There's no need to chew up land with use of vegetation, heavy theming and building/wall placement. While EU may not be spread out as much as some other parks....I believe that it will be an incredible experience without having to walk for miles to experience the entire park. Disney will definitely be watching closely how this all pans out....portals, hotel attached to park, etc......lots of stuff for them to chew on. I still don't understand why no U.S. theme parks ever had a park attached hotel. Disney should have done that with the GS and Universal should have built a Hogwarts Hotel.

Well there is Cabana Bay next to Volcano Bay and Grand Californian to California Adventure. Both have their own entrance and views into their respective parks.
This is true, but this Hotel is the first “weenie” in terms of being an icon for the park. It seems very much built into this park more than those two, basically an essential piece to the puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.