Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

Am I the only one who thinks temperature checks are a good idea? If you’re running a fever, you shouldn’t be at a theme park. And I myself am 100% guilty of showing up to work HHN not feeling well and possibly having a fever. I believe it’s better practice moving forward.

Also, these 6 ft markers have been glorious. I’ve really enjoyed having personal space in the queues and not being crammed a— to elbows all the time.

Am I the only one who thinks temperature checks are a good idea? If you’re running a fever, you shouldn’t be at a theme park. And I myself am 100% guilty of showing up to work HHN not feeling well and possibly having a fever. I believe it’s better practice moving forward.
Meh. As someone who has been super careful with COVID, the temperature checks always felt more like theater than anything else. It's not going to stop all of the asymptomatic/presymptomatic carriers. And it's not the most accurate system with people sitting in the 95 degree humid Florida heat :lol:

The CDC had a study a few months back saying that they didn't help catch or prevent cases, so it doesn't seem worth the extended hassle and extra cramming in of people in a close space while they wait their turn.

Meh. As someone who has been super careful with COVID, the temperature checks always felt more like theater than anything else. It's not going to stop all of the asymptomatic/presymptomatic carriers. And it's not the most accurate system with people sitting in the 95 degree humid Florida heat :lol:

The CDC had a study a few months back saying that they didn't help catch or prevent cases, so it doesn't seem worth the extended hassle and extra cramming in of people in a close space while they wait their turn.

I’m not speaking specifically about COVID. Preventing any person who is running a fever from entering a theme park seems like a good idea moving forward.

The whole 3 ft thing is ridiculous, because if your party is any more than 2 people, you’re pushing into space back to the marker behind you and then no one will follow this.

It’s truly disheartening...I don’t get why we couldn’t have kept the 6 foot policy in effect for at least 4-6 more weeks. It’s like we’re rushing back to the way things were a quarter mile before the finish line of a marathon and saying “close enough right?”. Still only 32% fully vaccinated as of 5/4.

I mentioned in the HHN thread that I've been told that single rider lines will reopen again at several attractions and separate parties will begin riding together again tomorrow. I was looking through Uni's updated guidelines on their site and see no mention of separating groups/removing single riders. Was this ever listed? Assuming no, but wanted to check as I expect this to be more of a silent change rather than an announced one from the way I was told this (and the fact that it's not in today's announcement :lol:).

And confirmed.

giphy.gif

This is something I don’t think any company would or should police.

It’s up to the company since you’re on their property, and I agree they won’t do it because they want to maximize revenue. It’s still a good idea though because humans are incapable of self policing. Meanwhile, infectious diseases are expected to rise in the future.

It’s up to the company since you’re on their property, and I agree they won’t do it because they want to maximize revenue. It’s still a good idea though because humans are incapable of self policing. Meanwhile, infectious diseases are expected to rise in the future.
I mean, outside of last year, things seemed to work out all right. And getting sick is part of building immunity. I do wonder how many were actually turned away outside of the high profile arrests.

Are the Single Rider lines open for the indoor rides (MIB, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, etc) or just the outdoor ones?

It's only "select" attractions right now, but the only confirmed ones I've seen on Twitter are Hulk and Mummy so indoor/outdoor doesn't seem to be a factor. I don't have an actual list unfortunately. Was just told that "some" would be returning. I know someone from IU is in the parks today, so maybe they can confirm more.

Echoing what @Vyrus and @Nick have said regarding recent guest behavior. When I was at Universal on Monday, social distancing and mask compliance were down the drain. Although the majority of guests were still following the rules, I'd estimate that 30-35% of guests in walkways and lines kept their masks below their noses or off entirely. Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I felt a bit iffy whenever someone near me in line wasn't adhering to the guidelines. I even saw a CityWalk team member get berated by a guest who didn't want to put their mask over their nose. I feel bad for the team members who have had to deal with this behavior; they're trying their best to keep the experience safe.

I've seen better compliance at Disney the two times I went this week, but even there about 15-20% of guests have been lowering their guard. When I was at Epcot yesterday seeing the new Canada show, the CM inside the theater had to tell at least 10 guests to keep their masks on properly. Compliance will continue to get worse as the weeks go by.

Last edited:
Echoing what @Vyrus and @Nick have said regarding recent guest behavior. When I was at Universal on Monday, social distancing and mask compliance were down the drain. The majority of guests were still following the rules, but I'd estimate that 30-35% of guests in walkways and lines kept their masks below their noses or off entirely, and even though I'm fully vaccinated, I felt a bit iffy whenever someone near me in line wasn't adhering to the guidelines. I even saw a CityWalk team member get berated by a guest who didn't want to put their mask over their nose. I feel bad for the team members who have had to deal with this behavior; they're trying their best to keep the experience safe.

I also noticed a lot of this at USH yesterday including some TMs with their masks below the nose. Also saw a lot of guests disregarding one way signage for walkways.

Echoing what @Vyrus and @Nick have said regarding recent guest behavior. When I was at Universal on Monday, social distancing and mask compliance were down the drain. Although the majority of guests were still following the rules, I'd estimate that 30-35% of guests in walkways and lines kept their masks below their noses or off entirely. Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I felt a bit iffy whenever someone near me in line wasn't adhering to the guidelines. I even saw a CityWalk team member get berated by a guest who didn't want to put their mask over their nose. I feel bad for the team members who have had to deal with this behavior; they're trying their best to keep the experience safe.

I've seen better compliance at Disney the two times I went this week, but even there about 15-20% of guests have been lowering their guard. When I was at Epcot yesterday seeing the new Canada show, the CM inside the theater had to tell at least 10 guests to keep their masks on properly. Compliance will continue to get worse as the weeks go by.
I will also add on to this that my group passed by a few different groups of people throughout the day who were not wearing masks and making a big deal about it too, yelling out things like "FULLY VACCINATED!" and then they'd just say it over and over again, basically just trying to imply that because they're supposedly fully vaccinated (which I don't trust they even were) they somehow don't have to follow Universal's private property rules.

Also, these 6 ft markers have been glorious. I’ve really enjoyed having personal space in the queues and not being crammed a— to elbows all the time.

I agee, I also enjoyed all that extra space and not being pushed in between people. As for temperature checks, they don't really mean much, when I had Covid I had fever just one day, highest it went was maybe 101.5; by contrast, when I was at my worst my temperature was completely normal. I also think those no-contact thermometers are not that accurate.

Ditto, noticed that yesterday as well.

It’s out of control. It seemed like Disney and Universal were running parallel in terms of overall effort and compliance...now it’s obvious Disney is taking this much more seriously...at least for now.

Going from Universal to Disney last weekend made me realize how much tighter they adhere to safety protocols. I couldn’t even take a drink in line for Slinky Dog and the entire queue is outdoors.

At the end of the day, 3 ft is basically an arms length away. Before covid that was pretty much the distance I would keep between my party and the one in front of me anyways. I mean in the Florida heat, last thing I want is smelling anyone's BO, let alone someone smelling mine. But that 6 ft space sure did give you room to cut one loose every now and then when needed .

At the end of the day, I go back to my original point. At the moment there is no vaccine for under 16, and Universal doing this cause the "governor" allowed it to me is too preemptive.

HHN will definitely be interesting this year and I don't see the plexiglass going away for this exact reason, let alone the drunkies walking through the houses, maskless, yelling and spitting everywhere too.

On another note I was also in town last weekend for Spooky Empire and there was more compliance there then at the the parks funny enough, some of the celebrities doing autographs were also maskless, and queue line for the autos was a typical con line tightly packed. Megacon is going to be interesting as well with the amount of top celebrities already announced too.

"Hold onto your butts"...it's going to be very interesting here soon.