Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

I am literally coming down sunday for my first trip since hhn29. This is utter nonsense and could have all been avoided. Jesus.

I'm not sure the best spot for this and apologies to the mods, but Comcast gave earnings and announced that the parks division was profitable since COVID started. That's one sign of things getting back to normal in one regard.

View attachment 15016

They also said they're excited for HHN season, so that should help calm any fears....

I'm extremely surprised UO didn't announce mask requirements for indoors. SW hasn't either, I guess. If they are going to enact those types of policies, it might be a 5pm dump today that says tomorrow masks are required indoors to bury it in the news. Otherwise, I think Universal may just try to ride this out?

Update guidance is coming……

This strikes me as a no-win.
  • Worst spreaders (i.e. the unvaccinated + people most willing to engage in risky behaviors) will continue unmasked, meaning this isn't actually an effective mitigation measure.
  • Resentment and hostility festers between masked and unmasked as/if the situation worsens.
  • Employees - including Horror Nights performers - will still presumably need to wear masks inside haunted houses, which is obviously a show-related bummer.

Feels like Universal is banking on this being lifted by mid to late August...

My thoughts exactly. Given how Delta has behaved in other territories, it definitely seems possible. I could also see them just not requiring Horror Nights performers to wear masks - but that could cause issues if performers are (understandably!) concerned about their safety.

I doubt you'll ever see more than a handful of people indoors with masks on with that guideline. I had a suspicion, since they held off, that this was what they were going to do. They're probably
looking at the UK where it peaked for a month and a half, and now it's dropping quickly even though they opened up, as what's going to happen. So, I agree with Joe that they're
anticipating the peak in a few weeks and they don't want to lose their strong momentum. This is Florida, not Calif., so the rules of the ballgame are quite different. They're also
probably looking at Sea World to do the same, with their past history.....In other words, business as usual.