Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

There's another Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force meeting tomorrow, so I wouldn't be surprised if Uni and SeaWorld change course then. It's reckless for them to merely "encourage" guests wear masks when Florida just broke their daily record. There have been little to no issues with Disney bringing back masks; the rest of Orlando needs to be on par with them.

Alright, can someone summarize what Uni is doing with vaccinations, or anything?

NBCUniversal hasn't announced any vaccination policies for staff yet, but given that other major employers are starting to require their employees to be vaccinated, I'd expect them to follow suit soon. Specifically with UO, team members are required to wear masks again.

I suspect they are waiting to see what Disney does with the CMs covered by unions first. Universal TMs, SeaWorld Ambassadors, and the majority of Disney CMs are all the same pool of people. Especially with the current labor shortages none of them can afford to lose workers with a vaccine mandate if the others don't also do the same. If people don't like the mandate or won't get vaccinated at one, they jump ship to one of the others. My hope is they all get together and require all their workers vaccinated. Of course if one of the parks doesn't require the vaccination they may have staffing issues with more workers getting sick as well.

I suspect they are waiting to see what Disney does with the CMs covered by unions first. Universal TMs, SeaWorld Ambassadors, and the majority of Disney CMs are all the same pool of people. Especially with the current labor shortages none of them can afford to lose workers with a vaccine mandate if the others don't also do the same. If people don't like the mandate or won't get vaccinated at one, they jump ship to one of the others. My hope is they all get together and require all their workers vaccinated. Of course if one of the parks doesn't require the vaccination they may have staffing issues with more workers getting sick as well.
At least one Union has come out and said they support it:

After so many years of being a loyal guest and previous 5+ year team member, I'm just so disappointed. Likely skip HHN for the first time in more than a decade if nothing changes.
Are we talking the mazes or masks? Because I doubt either change

For any of you planning a November trip....AP Holders....A few hours ago Universal released their November AP passholder hotel discount rates on their web site. Some real good rates on CBBR, Surfside/Dockside, Aventura and Sapphire...
There are a very limited type and number of discounted rooms at the Deluxe resorts, depending on the day (though none are available Thanksgiving week at the Deluxes). But even while I was booking, a couple of deluxe rooms disappeared. So, if you want a deluxe room at an AP discount in November, you might want to do it soon.

Just an observation, I know that school started back recently, but the crowd levels have been way off the past few days...by a lot. They've now begun putting plexiglass back into the houses. Pretty sure whatever happens at HHN this year, it will be less than we previously expected. They'll probably pulse us through... instead of conga line. I'm guessing that scare zones will just be actors on stages from the look of things. Many of my friends have already cancelled out. Thinking it's probably going to be a bust. It will probably not be what everyone is hoping for at the least.

Just an observation, I know that school started back recently, but the crowd levels have been way off the past few days...by a lot. They've now begun putting plexiglass back into the houses. Pretty sure whatever happens at HHN this year, it will be less than we previously expected. They'll probably pulse us through... instead of conga line. I'm guessing that scare zones will just be actors on stages from the look of things. Many of my friends have already cancelled out. Thinking it's probably going to be a bust. It will probably not be what everyone is hoping for at the least.

Plexiglass is confirmed?

I'm going to personally give it until Wednesday at 6pm and make a decision on whether to attend or not. I figure by then the union will have come to a conclusion on what the way forward with the event will be...and make some announcement. Otherwise I'm going to cancel myself. Just not getting good vibes about the way things appear to be going.

I’m hoping to walk through multiple houses a night and enjoy myself. No amount of plexiglass will change that.

Generally Orlando theme parks considerably slow down the second half of August & September. The process seems to have started a week earlier this year. Probably two primary factors.
One, Delta has probably caused some cancellations. Two, no European tourists this year. Generally August and September are the two months of the year where the European tourists help
to augment the Orlando visitor numbers, during a time when out of state tourism really slackens. There's really no one out there to replace those European visitors in any appreciable numbers.
But my guess is that pent up local demand will guarantee well attended HHN evenings, even if the parks don't do great numbers during the daylight hours.