Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 323 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, most of the sight line discussion is inane. Funny how much TDS comes up here, because even the most beautifully designed park in the world probably wouldn’t pass muster with the immersion police. Sure there’s a space where you’re completely enveloped within Mt. Prometheus, but you can also see the darn thing from the entirety of Cape Cod.

Yes, but if you see how they designed Mount Prometheus, it has a much different look when viewed from the Cape Cod section, rather brilliant how they transitioned the look of it from that angle.

The ability to see New York from Italy and similar sightlines are bigger "issues" but no theme park is perfect in that regard.

Reactions: Mike S
Yes, but if you see how they designed Mount Prometheus, it has a much different look when viewed from the Cape Cod section, rather brilliant how they transitioned the look of it from that angle.

Yea, I'm gonna be honest, you still don't see firebreathing mountains in Cape Cod, so no matter what the difference is, it still doesn't look right.
But...but....I’m too broke! :lol: But I don’t see why they couldn’t clone it. They’re doing it with the HP coaster and Beijing, so why couldn’t they do something similar here?

Because the HP coaster is something worth cloning. Flying Dinosaur was designed to specifically fit in an existing land with little-to-no room. They won't clone a coaster like that when something can be designed to integrate with a land being built from the ground up.

Reactions: rabbitsmoon
Because the HP coaster is something worth cloning. Flying Dinosaur was designed to specifically fit in an existing land with little-to-no room. They won't clone a coaster like that when something can be designed to integrate with a land being built from the ground up.

Okay, maybe that’s true. But they might still attempt to build something similar, that utilizes the space the land occupies.

And, personally, Universal probably couldn’t care less about there being another flying-coaster in Orlando. Most people won’t go to SeaWorld and ride it, anyways.

Yeah, most of the sight line discussion is inane. Funny how much TDS comes up here, because even the most beautifully designed park in the world probably wouldn’t pass muster with the immersion police. Sure there’s a space where you’re completely enveloped within Mt. Prometheus, but you can also see the darn thing from the entirety of Cape Cod.

I think great theme park design makes these juxtapositions work (even if it’s not rational, like when an ominous volcano looms over Duffy’s happy home), rather than eliminating them entirely. And I think coasters can be a part of that design too. Raging Spirits isn’t really any more themed than Dueling Dragons was, and it works just fine (thematically, I know most don’t like it as a coaster).

Fantasy and suspension of disbelief are wonderful, and a big part of the park experience, but the all-or-nothing attitude people have on here ain’t for me. If you go to a park demanding that you forget where you are every second of the day, I’m not sure you really like parks that much, or if you’re just trying to recapture that feeling you had when you visited them as a kid and couldn’t tell fact from fiction.
Mt. Prometheus is the central icon that’s meant to be seen much like Cinderella Castle. Raging Spirits is themed as a mine train which last I checked need tracks in reality to work so nothing is out of theme. When it comes to Dragon Challenge, well, point me to a scene in the movies or a page of the books where such a mass of steel looms over Hogsmeade.

I’ll wait.

Mt. Prometheus is the central icon that’s meant to be seen much like Cinderella Castle. Raging Spirits is themed as a mine train which last I checked need tracks in reality to work so nothing is out of theme. When it comes to Dragon Challenge, well, point me to a scene in the movies or a page of the books where such a mass of steel looms over Hogsmeade.

I’ll wait.
If I'm not mistaken, dragons did fly around The Triwizard Stadium that the Dragon Challenge took place in. So, until they invent invisible track...

If I'm not mistaken, dragons did fly around The Triwizard Stadium that the Dragon Challenge took place in. So, until they invent invisible track...
Either way I’m right as Universal agreed it needed to go and apparently from day one. I really don’t need much more confirmation than that.

Why would they want to get another video game IP, when they already have one of the biggest brands in entertainment right now just waiting to be used?

Because despite having Nintendo theme park rights, they have film rights to multiple video games (Gears of War, God of War are two I know of off the top of my head). I'm sure they would like to enhance their franchise ability across the board

Because despite having Nintendo theme park rights, they have film rights to multiple video games (Gears of War, God of War are two I know of off the top of my head). I'm sure they would like to enhance their franchise ability across the board

As much as I’d like to see attractions based around both of those games/movies, it’s not gonna happen. They’re too violent for the GP.

Reactions: HPFred and Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.