Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 335 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say, for the initial ride-through; it would be a highly entertaining experience. But looking from a perspective of re-rideability; it'd be more..bland, shall we say for multiple ride-throughs.

Reactions: Magic-Man
If they have gone from the boom coaster to a Robocoaster, that would raise it from a C-D Ticket too an E. Would anyone really complain about that?

Excluding that one guy in the back, yeah; I doubt people would complain about it.

And to just say, we are seeing the Robocoaster concept finally kick up in China; it would honestly make sense to see if the concept can come back in some form.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I mean, the track-jumping effect would have been pretty mind-blowing and innovative if they were really going to pull it off, no?

I think it would be a one trick pony. Great for a first time experience and not so much after that. The issue is that because of the design of the train and track, it would need to be a relatively tame coaster and once the track jump gimmick fades away, you’re left with something sub par. Sure they could add a few AAs and some good landscaping but the IP could probably be better used and with a limited number of coasters going into the new park, maybe a better use of coasters would be better too.

I think it would be a one trick pony. Great for a first time experience and not so much after that. The issue is that because of the design of the train and track, it would need to be a relatively tame coaster and once the track jump gimmick fades away, you’re left with something sub par. Sure they could add a few AAs and some good landscaping but the IP could probably be better used and with a limited number of coasters going into the new park, maybe a better use of coasters would be better too.

Hmmm. Now I’m starting to get the potential cancellation. Now I’m curious as to what replaces it.

Also, its kinda funny that we’ve always had one coaster rumored for this park (DK), then we have the Jurassic World leak that potentially upped it to two, and now we might be down to one again.

Reactions: Scott W.
As we can see, yes.

With so little information about the new park, I think people are just grabbing anything with both hands. With the knowledge that whatever replaces it will open at the same time, it shouldn’t matter what it is as long as the experience is better for it.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
There's still a whole lot of supposition based on stuff that we know, unequivocally, has changed. We can talk about the Orlando plans, but we know those have changed. We can talk about Tokyo, but the only thing we know for certain they are getting is Mario Kart. Their announcement art didn't include DK's jungle. It's not something we can rely on.

And we also can't rely on Universal Studios Beijing as our template for Fantastic Worlds, because Beijing is a Studios park. We still don't know, for sure, FW's structure. Layouts will not be identical. Rides will not be identical. If anything, most of what Beijing gets will duplicate what exists in the States.

So, basically, don't assume we actually know anything, for sure, until stuff is announced. Because, from where I sit, change is inevitable.

Ugh, this is going to be a long four years. Hopefully we get a Beijing-style leak soon, which I can see happening within the next year and a half (not the concept art, just the permits). We might even get an announcement when they do the groundbreaking. But, as of right now, the future seems dim for awhile.

There's still a whole lot of supposition based on stuff that we know, unequivocally, has changed. We can talk about the Orlando plans, but we know those have changed. We can talk about Tokyo, but the only thing we know for certain they are getting is Mario Kart. Their announcement art didn't include DK's jungle. It's not something we can rely on.

And we also can't rely on Universal Studios Beijing as our template for Fantastic Worlds, because Beijing is a Studios park. We still don't know, for sure, FW's structure. Layouts will not be identical. Rides will not be identical. If anything, most of what Beijing gets will duplicate what exists in the States.

So, basically, don't assume we actually know anything, for sure, until stuff is announced. Because, from where I sit, change is inevitable.

This should be a sticky post. This is one of the main reasons I’ve been staying away from the forums recently, everything is in flux and it’s starting to feel a little Groundhog Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.