Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 336 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can change up until construction starts. And you're still assuming construction will start next year.

Well, that land clearing/preparation permit ends in April 2020, and they can start before then if they wish. The only thing that might set them back is a hurricane.

Also, why would they change rides and lands at this point in time? Just curious.

Well, that land clearing/preparation permit ends in April 2020, and they can start before then if they wish. The only thing that might set them back is a hurricane.

Also, why would they change rides and lands at this point in time? Just curious.
The same reason a business of Comcast's stature makes any decision: Money.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
As we can see, yes.
Really? Because I liked the concept of actually being on a track and jumping?
If DK has changed ride systems, it is most likely because the R&D for the boom coaster didn't workout as shown in the patent.
A shame. I don’t see how being on an arm like Forbidden Journey would replicate what the boom could’ve done. You’ll feel like you’re floating rather than actually being on a track.

Reactions: HPFred and therock
Really? Because I liked the concept of actually being on a track and jumping?

A shame. I don’t see how being on an arm like Forbidden Journey would replicate what the boom could’ve done. You’ll feel like you’re floating rather than actually being on a track.
The original Robocoaster design had the robot arm on a coaster track.

5195665777_bf410996bc.jpg

That way they could use a flat track and still get the jumping effect without all the weird stresses on the boom. When I first saw the patent, my reaction was, "that boom will be bent silly in short order".

About the DreamWorks land. I have also heard that Madagascar and The Croods could also be included.

And @LintemuthStudios Home. Please no Home attraction.
No way that Croods gets a ride, but I can see a playground and maybe a show.

Actually, I would buy Croods.

It's right now developing a sequel, and *had a albeit popular Netflix series that works well for the kids.

Madagascar also makes sense, as it is a large IP for DWA in the ripple effects it has caused.

So, if all this speculation ends up being true, we already have three rides for SNW (Mario Kart, obviously. Yoshi. Whatever DK ends up getting), two rides for Jurassic World (Gyrosphere, unnamed coaster), and four/five rides for DreamWorks (Shrek, KFP, HTTYD, Madagascar, maybe Croods). That’s possibly ten rides already, and we have three lands to go. That also excludes expansions to the existing lands.

-_-

Jaws
Back to the Future
Ready Player One

I’d be completely fine with Ready Player One in there. Don’t get the hate for the movie.

What if all that's one ride?

How bout no?

Okay, since we’re probably not going to get any leaks for awhile, a fun survey question: What rides/shows/IP’s would you prefer NOT to see in the new park?

Oh, that's simple.

• Jaws (Dated IP)
  • BTTF (Dated IP)
  • Jurassic World (I would rather want it at IOA, and to give that area a lot of love)
  • RPO (Isn't a tested franchise, and doesn't really seem like it'd work tbh)
  • Pets (I'd rather want it at UONorth [at either Shrek, next to Mummy & Fast, or at Toon Lagoon Amphitheater])
  • Lord of The Rings (considering how much Amazon is spending, I'd rather want that kind of money elsewhere)
  • The Boss Baby/Home (No.)
What if all that's one ride?

...Great Universe?

I think that JP in IOA can/will get a lot of love without using the JW brand. As for RPO, I could have seen it in there if Mario Kart wasn’t coming.

Honestly, while I appreciate what RPO is as a movie..it does not deserve to be at a theme park environment.

It'd be trying to be something that it could NEVER attain itself to be. And as much as I will probably get flack for it, but I'd rather want this park to *not* rely on nostalgia. RPO, would be that to me.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.