Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 338 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I’m the wake of tonight’s series finale, I’ll always wish for an Adventure Time/Cartoon Network land. Screw Spongebob and Patrick, I want Finn and Jake.
Dudley should be rethemed to that. Bluto's becomes a "Best of" featuring Ed, Edd, and Eddie, the Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Gumball, OK K.O., We Bare Bears, etc, and we get a Mr. Universe with Crystal Gems: Live concert in the Ampitheater.

Perfection.

Reactions: Porkchop
Dudley should be rethemed to that. Bluto's becomes a "Best of" featuring Ed, Edd, and Eddie, the Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Gumball, OK K.O., We Bare Bears, etc, and we get a Mr. Universe with Crystal Gems: Live concert in the Ampitheater.

Perfection.

God, I love that idea. But, knowing Universal, they’re probably going to put Nickelodeon in there, even though it has representation in the US already.

I’d be so happy if Universal shocked us and announced that they’ve come to an agreement with CN to bring their properties to the parks. It’s probably never going to happen tho.

Reactions: Frogki
If we were to get CN properties, I'd prefer we stick with a miniature land formula. If I'm gonna go to Ooo, I wanna see an area to explore and a ride. Same thing with Steven Universe - Beach City would be a very fun place to explore and interact with.
As others have said, the liklihood is slim to none but there are followings to these franchises. There's also a fair bit of merch, food, and beverages to adapt for purchase.

If we were to get CN properties, I'd prefer we stick with a miniature land formula. If I'm gonna go to Ooo, I wanna see an area to explore and a ride. Same thing with Steven Universe - Beach City would be a very fun place to explore and interact with.
As others have said, the liklihood is slim to none but there are followings to these franchises. There's also a fair bit of merch, food, and beverages to adapt for purchase.

For what they are, Steven Universe and Adventure Time have HUGE fanbases. I don’t think I’ve seen an animated kids show trending like those two have since Gravity Falls.

Reactions: Frogki
Adventure Time also has a timeless whimsy that would give it longevity in a theme park. With 250 episodes, it will linger in syndication for years.

Of all the “prestige cartoons” (“prestoons?”), the Land of Ooo probably works best in a park. It’s such a subverted vision of a medieval kingdom, it’s approachable even without knowing the story. Beach City requires a lot more understanding.

Also agreed but I think both IPs have a lot of potential in terms of the theme park world. I also have a feeling neither will ever see that potential fulfilled but you never know! With a new park on the way, having another set of modern cartoons to work from isn't a bad thing if they wanna keep using outside IPs.

Reactions: OrlLover
Also agreed but I think both IPs have a lot of potential in terms of the theme park world. I also have a feeling neither will ever see that potential fulfilled but you never know! With a new park on the way, having another set of modern cartoons to work from isn't a bad thing if they wanna keep using outside IPs.
Yep WB is the not the only outside company they can use for IPs. Sony and Paramount have some stuff they can use like Hotel Translyvania. I was thinking can use that as a theme for land to include the Classic Monsters with a kiddie area.

I guess? I mean, once you know how it's done it's not all that mind blowing. It'll be cool, but it's still a SDMT-level coaster, in the end
99% of the guests would never know how that track jump is done.

Why does no one want to see a home attraction?

It outgrossed Trolls, HTTYD2, and KFP2 domestically and the netflix show lasted longer than The Croods
Because Home was a movie that no one cares about and also doesn't sell merch or even have many merch/F&B opportunities like the other franchises you mentioned.

Adventure Time also has a timeless whimsy that would give it longevity in a theme park. With 250 episodes, it will linger in syndication for years.

Of all the “prestige cartoons” (“prestoons?”), the Land of Ooo probably works best in a park. It’s such a subverted vision of a medieval kingdom, it’s approachable even without knowing the story. Beach City requires a lot more understanding.
Take a step back and think about who exactly this would appeal to, because i'm not sure outside of a small subset of fans. Bikini Bottom, however, would be a brilliant choice as Spongebob has maintained popularity and it comes with easy F&B opportunities + a potential "Mrs. Puff's boating school".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.