Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 339 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a step back and think about who exactly this would appeal to, because i'm not sure outside of a small subset of fans. Bikini Bottom, however, would be a brilliant choice as Spongebob has maintained popularity and it comes with easy F&B opportunities + a potential "Mrs. Puff's boating school".
I've stated how much I'd enjoy SpongeBob in the parks. I think TL to Bikini Bottom (complete with abridged version of the musical in an enclosed ampitheater designs itself.

I'd ALSO prefer it in the studios, taking over KidZone and ET.

Take a step back and think about who exactly this would appeal to, because i'm not sure outside of a small subset of fans. Bikini Bottom, however, would be a brilliant choice as Spongebob has maintained popularity and it comes with easy F&B opportunities + a potential "Mrs. Puff's boating school".

Quite a lot of people have watched Adventure Time, and it would make a great land/attraction. Not to mention that, ya know, Spongebob already has two theme parks/lands in the United States. Cartoon Network/Adventure Time has nothing.

And I would KILL for a Mr. Universe concert where Greg gets attacked by Jasper (Creature Tech puppets!) and the Gems have to save him. Throw in a gem fusion at the climax and you have a spectacle of a show with such good music...

And I would KILL for a Mr. Universe concert where Greg gets attacked by Jasper (Creature Tech puppets!) and the Gems have to save him. Throw in a gem fusion at the climax and you have a spectacle of a show with such good music...

If they do a Steven Universe, someone better turn into a Giant Woman.

It kinda annoys me how everyone wants Spongebob/Nickelodeon somewhere in the new park, even though it’s already in two parks in the US, but no one wants JW because JP exists. Isn’t that kind of a double standard?

Reactions: Jamesh22
Spongebob would allow for great theming, but yes, it already exists in other parks. Cartoon Network already has a random water park in Thailand, too. IMO, Illumination would be a great replacement for TL even if it meant Minions would be out of place in USO.

Reactions: dustinwashere
...no? :lol:

JW is literally already in the resort in the form of JP. Their differences are negligible

But there’s enough differences to warrant a new land, especially when JP has little/zero expansion space after this is done.

Spongebob would allow for great theming, but yes, it already exists in other parks. Cartoon Network already has a random water park in Thailand, too. IMO, Illumination would be a great replacement for TL even if it meant Minions would be out of place in USO.

CN has no representation in the States. Spongebob has plenty.

It kinda annoys me how everyone wants Spongebob/Nickelodeon somewhere in the new park, even though it’s already in two parks in the US, but no one wants JW because JP exists. Isn’t that kind of a double standard?
Think there is a huge difference between there being similar things across the -entirety of the continental united states-and there being two largely similar lands with a few marginal differences just up/down the street from each other personally. Like if you bring "In the US" into it then JP already has 2 theme park representations , with one of them already being made into a JW ride, why would we then need 3 using that same metric? Mind you not that i want a spongebob land in the new park or to replace toon lagoon anyways but i don't follow the logic being used here.

Reactions: HPFred
Retheme them to something else? They're still gonna be a variation on the same theme we've had in the parks for 20 years now.

It’d be hard to retheme a gyrosphere ride and a mosasaur show. And, if the Beijing attractions are amazing as I think they will be, then why would you retheme them? It’d be a waste of time and a potential risk.

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.