Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 343 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just saying that I’m not excited for the current rumor of lands. Except Nintendo. And I’m surprised that I hardly see anyone else commenting on that. I guess since it’s a new theme park people are somewhat blinded by it.

No one, is blinded by Nintendo. Lest we forget TPU's new article of Zelda and the continued construction of SNWOsaka? :eek:O:

I’m just saying that I’m not excited for the current rumor of lands. Except Nintendo. And I’m surprised that I hardly see anyone else commenting on that. I guess since it’s a new theme park people are somewhat blinded by it.
I'm sure when it opens many folks will complain that they have to pay for entry to an entire theme park when all they care about is Nintendo. But that didn't stop people who had never been to Universal Orlando traveling from far distances to visit the first Wizarding World, so I see no harm in it.

It took till now for Animal Kingdom to feel like a full park. When it first opened there was no Asia, or DinoRama (let alone Pandora). Talk about a let down. 20 years later and it's my favorite Disney World park. Give it time, Fantastic Worlds might grow on ya. ;)

Personally, I wouldn't do it if I were Universal unless/until Six Flags didn't have them.

Then again Disney's building Marvel things even though Universal has them, so, I guess we can all share properties in different regions.

Heck, now that I think of it Rudolph, Sesame Street, and Snoopy are all over the place depending on the region/country. So, I guess anything's possible.

I think they’re used so poorly at Six Flags that it’s a moot point. Plus the LT won’t be a focus for FW, more like a Toon Lagoon that isn’t expected to sell a ton of merch. So they can get away with the characters being elsewhere as long as they’re represented/treated better in FW

Or because most of us don’t care what IPs they use as long as they build good rides for them?

Well... maybe people are excited to see what they do with the IPs they're reusing when space (and arguably budget) are no object.

Frankly, I'm far more excited for a DreamWorks area than I am for Nintendo.

I think they’re used so poorly at Six Flags that it’s a moot point. Plus the LT won’t be a focus for FW, more like a Toon Lagoon that isn’t expected to sell a ton of merch. So they can get away with the characters being elsewhere as long as they’re represented/treated better in FW

Or because most of us don’t care what IPs they use as long as they build good rides for them?
I would rather have good rides for different IPs. What a concept right?

Well... maybe people are excited to see what they do with the IPs they're reusing when space (and arguably budget) are no object.

Frankly, I'm far more excited for a DreamWorks area than I am for Nintendo.

If HTTYD is in a DreamWorks area, I’m about as excited for that as I am for Star Wars Land (Nintendo is king tho)

I would rather have good rides for different IPs. What a concept right?

I mean that’s fine. It’s odd that you’re so caught up on IP, especially when most of the ones in the new park aren’t in Orlando, but you do you.

Reactions: |Q|
A lot of people here, not all, are blinded that it’s going to be a shiny new theme park. You guys should just be as brutal to this upcoming park as you are with the current ones. You guys in this forum destroyed FF since the moment it was announced.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
A lot of people here, not all, are blinded that it’s going to be a shiny new theme park. You guys should just be as brutal to this upcoming park as you are with the current ones. You guys in this forum destroyed FF since the moment it was announced.

If they build something like that in the new park, I will be. I doubt they will.

Having IPs that are present in other parks present in the new one is not the same as building a bad ride.

Reactions: Alicia
Ive already answered this.
I agree with everything you posted concerning IPs like JW and FB. They don't need those to come to the new park. Let the JP area be redone over at IOA and just forget about FB coming considering they are still building HP stuff. KFP and other Dreamworks properties are very much welcomed at Fantasic Worlds.

Reactions: WebHead1138
Dude I’m with you concerning JW and FB. They need to stay at the original parks and leave the new one for never before used IPs. People are wanting JW to come so bad I’m like why ?
Yess!!! Yess!!! FINALLY someone who understands my language! Disneyhead, who is apparently, the “guy” to know inside stuff has already confirmed JW and more HP stuff. I just don’t get it, at all. They need to blow us all away with exciting new IPs that haven’t been used in any other theme park yet. Lord of the Rings is a perfect example of this. Which will never happen, unfortunately.

Reactions: OrlLover
Status
Not open for further replies.