Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Holidays 2017

I think that all depends on the success of this new adaptation.

I actually think we'll see it happen regardless of if it's a hit or not. And I'll be completely honest; even though people know Cat in The Hat, there is a reason to why Grinch is happening before that.

He, has become a holiday icon for so many reasons. It makes perfect sense to do a revamp to hype people up for the new take on the beloved holiday classic, and that I am going to be curious to see how they could do that.

Id be bummed to see Ron Howard's Grinch replaced by animated Grinch. That movie was such a massive part of USH's history (using almost every sound stage and occupying all corners of the lot on a scale never seen before). Not to mention the live action Grinch is just fun to interact with. Idk man, idk.

Id be bummed to see Ron Howard's Grinch replaced by animated Grinch. That movie was such a massive part of USH's history (using almost every sound stage and occupying all corners of the lot on a scale never seen before). Not to mention the live action Grinch is just fun to interact with. Idk man, idk.
While I agree the stuff they do with it is pretty good...the movie is not good. Like not as bad as Cat In The Hat bad..but pretty bad and doesn't even understand the simple concepts of a kids books

So I'll be excited to see if the new movies gets the book more but I think its being made by the Minions stupid so...not expecting it to be much better then Lorax

USH can not survive on A Very Potter Xmas alone... also, it would be a completely bad move on their part.
As it is, Grinchmas is NOT enough for the park. We all acknowledge how small the park is, but when it comes to the holidays... they could really offer up A LOT more "if" they tried.

The new Potter offerings will be a great addition (despite the land itself NOT exactly being "nighttime show" friendly (hell, the land isn't exactly built to handle the Frog Choir/Tri-Wizard on a super busy day). Seeing the entire land decorated will be amazing & I hope they don't get lazy with it. I just want to see the holiday food options!

As for Grinchmas, I noticed there was definitely budget cuts in regards to last year's event compared to 2015. Now I did appreciate the "live singing" for Martha May, that was great. I don't know what it was, but last year didn't seem as "magical" as 2015. Maybe thats just me.

They could easily keep the current live-action Ron Howard version of Grinchmas, while still promoting the unnecessary animated remake. There is enough space to do so. They'd just have to actually be creative. I would LOVE to see a stage production like Orlando has inside the Castle Theatre (SES can go dark for a month or so, nobody would miss it). I'd still want the giant wonky tree & mini shows (Martha May & Whoville 5) in the plaza though. They could still keep the meet-n-greets with Max/Grinch.

THINGS THAT COULD/SHOULD BE ADDED:
- more decorations around the park (Springfield needs it! also Minion tree should be back in SSFL, Lower Lot needs its own tree again)
- holiday attire for the Dreamworks & Simpsons (the other characters already at least have a scarf or santa hat)
- Holiday ride film for DM (will never happen, but I can dream)
- Audio of Boris Karloff reciting The Grinch on the Starway (holiday songs are cool, narrated Grinch story was better)
- Holiday version of Animal Actors... if SeaWorld can do it for Clyde & Seamore, UNI can do it for AA.
- Holiday entertainment of some kind around the park (especially the lower lot)
- something in the Globe Theatre (but I'm sure the holiday season is big private event time unfortunately)

.....oh yea & replace the helicopter on TWD entrance with Santa's sleigh! :sneak: :whistle:

USH can not survive on A Very Potter Xmas alone... also, it would be a completely bad move on their part.
As it is, Grinchmas is NOT enough for the park. We all acknowledge how small the park is, but when it comes to the holidays... they could really offer up A LOT more "if" they tried.

The new Potter offerings will be a great addition (despite the land itself NOT exactly being "nighttime show" friendly (hell, the land isn't exactly built to handle the Frog Choir/Tri-Wizard on a super busy day). Seeing the entire land decorated will be amazing & I hope they don't get lazy with it. I just want to see the holiday food options!

As for Grinchmas, I noticed there was definitely budget cuts in regards to last year's event compared to 2015. Now I did appreciate the "live singing" for Martha May, that was great. I don't know what it was, but last year didn't seem as "magical" as 2015. Maybe thats just me.

They could easily keep the current live-action Ron Howard version of Grinchmas, while still promoting the unnecessary animated remake. There is enough space to do so. They'd just have to actually be creative. I would LOVE to see a stage production like Orlando has inside the Castle Theatre (SES can go dark for a month or so, nobody would miss it). I'd still want the giant wonky tree & mini shows (Martha May & Whoville 5) in the plaza though. They could still keep the meet-n-greets with Max/Grinch.

THINGS THAT COULD/SHOULD BE ADDED:
- more decorations around the park (Springfield needs it! also Minion tree should be back in SSFL, Lower Lot needs its own tree again)
- holiday attire for the Dreamworks & Simpsons (the other characters already at least have a scarf or santa hat)
- Holiday ride film for DM (will never happen, but I can dream)
- Audio of Boris Karloff reciting The Grinch on the Starway (holiday songs are cool, narrated Grinch story was better)
- Holiday version of Animal Actors... if SeaWorld can do it for Clyde & Seamore, UNI can do it for AA.
- Holiday entertainment of some kind around the park (especially the lower lot)
- something in the Globe Theatre (but I'm sure the holiday season is big private event time unfortunately)

.....oh yea & replace the helicopter on TWD entrance with Santa's sleigh! :sneak: :whistle:

In terms of Boris Karloff reciting The Grinch, it was done before.

Next year intrigues me for two particular reasons.

1.) The Illumination Grinch Film may be something that Universal can easily incorporate synergy while also keeping certain elements from the current Grinchmas into play. I don't think you will see at all of Grinchmas leaving, nor should it. All I hope is that if the animated film is successful; they incorporate a full show into the Castle Theater off of the book.

2.) DreamWorks Theater. It will be a full on flex venue, and that they can easily turn it into a two show theater, similar to what is done on the Osaka property.

As for this year, Potter I would think be more prominent than Grinchmas, but that Grinchmas will still have a large presence.

I also really hope they bring holiday decor to Springfield; as there is so much you can do with that, and that Minion Way's design is very beautiful in many ways that I hope we see more of the theming for the holiday's come in for that side, especially with Potter getting touch ups for the holiday season.

Yea i remember the audio on the starway in 2015, but last year I only heard holiday music.

That was the other thing I was going to point out too, especially for next year. Dreamworks theatre would be perfect for a holiday overlay... even with Kung Fu Panda being the first one to utilize the newly revamped attraction. On the Dreamworks holiday stuff (should be available on netflix), there is a Kung Fu Panda holiday mini movie (15-20mins?) perfect length for a theme park overlay. They even have ones for Madagascar & Shrek too.

I wish the Lower Lot had a way to handle more for the holidays to take some of the stress off the Upper Lot... but eh. Where Marilyn does photo-ops next to the Studio Tour, could easily have The Grinch there to coincide with the backlot set.

This could very well be a transformative year for USH at the holidays in more ways than one. If it wasn't for the massive wall-to-wall crowds I might've considered going.

Adding on to that, don't expect Grinchmas to be the celebration it's always been. It may be on a bit of a smaller scale this year, however I'm hearing it's to shift focus towards Potter rather than save budget.