Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Vintage Walt Disney World Resort

I just found this in my stuff. Someone in Florida gave it to me 10-12 years ago.

VerCLqm.jpg

reverse
YfNbFPV.jpg

I believe that I was told that the road in the foreground is Rt 192 in Kissimmee and that it was the approximate area that became World Drive.

Looking at some of the old pictures, amazing that so many people seemed to be wearing long slacks & dress pants. Don't see much of that anymore. Comfort comes first....I always pack a pair of long jeans for the Orlando trip in case of a cold day/night. I have yet to ever wear them.

Lord Of The Dance Television Commercial EPCOT Walt Disney World (2000)

Michael Flatley signed a contract with Disney for Lord of the Dance to perform at Epcot in Walt Disney World in the summer of 1999 and Lord of the Dance was asked back the following summer in 2000. Troupe 4 performed at the Disneyland Paris Resort in 2002 and 2003.

Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. The music for the show was written by Ronan Hardiman.

Park Hopping at Walt Disney World Resort Commercial (2000)

Walt Disney World Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus Options include same-day admission to all 4 theme parks on each day of your ticket. In addition, the Park Hopper Plus Option includes a certain number of visits to a water park or other Walt Disney World fun. Water Parks subject to rehabilitation, season and weather closures. Tee times are required for Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course and are subject to availability.

Downtown Disney Walt Disney World Resort Youtopia (2014)

A bustling metropolis of shopping, dining and entertainment locations, Disney Springs is the exciting reimagination of Downtown Disney. It consists of four neighborhoods: The Landing, Marketplace, West Side and Town Center.

The 120-acre Disney Springs is in the east-central portion of Walt Disney World Resort. Disney Springs borders the south shore of Lake Buena Vista at the intersection of Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Boulevard.

The Jimmy Carter Library tweeted out this gold from 40 years ago. I love 5:52-6:00 - "The Presidential Party viewed an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow".

I can't help but anytime I hear "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow" in Walt's voice, is always an odd sign of comfort haha. This is a cool find!