Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A look at the volcano from the side we don't see often. This thing is going to be very open at the back by the looks of it. Presume the bridge on the bottom left is over lazy/rapids river.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
Don't get me wrong, I think this will be a great water park, but i'm really not too impressed that the slides are so exposed. I know a lot will be within the Volcano, but some look as if they will just be stand-alone. I sort of expected a bit more when they described it as a "Water Theme Park".

runoff-rapids-gallery01.jpg

I don't think you can judge anything until all the landscaping is in. Even Blizzard Beach has exposed slides away from the signature ones.

Don't get me wrong, I think this will be a great water park, but i'm really not too impressed that the slides are so exposed. I know a lot will be within the Volcano, but some look as if they will just be stand-alone. I sort of expected a bit more when they described it as a "Water Theme Park".

It's still very early days yet.

859764566_89be8180df.jpg

Blizzard Beach looked a lot different before the theming people got in.

It's a hell of a lot easier to build the rides and theme around them than to theme first and be extra delicate to fit the rides in.

It's still very early days yet.

859764566_89be8180df.jpg

Blizzard Beach looked a lot different before the theming people got in.

It's a hell of a lot easier to build the rides and theme around them than to theme first and be extra delicate to fit the rides in.
Oh, I understand. I'm probably jumping the gun. At least I hope I am.

And @randompixel, I'm aware of a few exposed slides at both TL and BB, but they fit the areas they are in due to slide color. My worry is because of how bright the slides are that if they aren't themed, that they'll look out of place.

:rolleyes:

This is a message board, i'm going to share my feelings on this stuff. Hell, I even pulled back and in the beginning said that it would be a great park. If you have a problem with that then block me because you're obviously dismissive of even the most minor of criticisms regarding Universal.

Oh, I understand. I'm probably jumping the gun. At least I hope I am.

And @randompixel, I'm aware of a few exposed slides at both TL and BB, but they fit the areas they are in due to slide color. My worry is because of how bright the slides are that if they aren't themed, that they'll look out of place.

I like the idea of the bright slides (I think it was the UO podcast where they said that nobody is going to learn the names of the slides but having each section their own colour, can make things a lot simpler when discussing a particular slide) but I can see the concern with the supports and that's what can really let the theming down with how bare they look. Universal are going to have to build a small forest on this land, to make it all blend in.

Reactions: Nick
I'm realigning my expectations for the park. I'll explain more later but it's not because I feel there isn't enough theming or the slides aren't all in rocks.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
"Whenever we want, we can cross the street and have some fun," Toscana resident Tatiana Fernando said.

4122235.jpg

What the heck did these people expect. Like, the homes were built after the resort was built. They are quite naive if they thought there never would be an expansion onto valuable vacant resort owned land adjacent to existing park properties. I have zero sympathy for those people. Just like the townhouses behind Diagon. People, what were you thinking when you moved in. You can't be that dumb.

I love people and their double standards.. this park is only going to increase their property value and rental appeal (if it was so desired and allowed by HOA)

I have a feeling VB may pull off an epic illusion, making the surrounding freeway and housing developments completely invisible.

From what I can tell, all open areas of the slides and loading platforms (in elevated areas) face into the park. In other words, any time you are in an elevated area, your only choice for a view will be into the park or resort, and not south towards I-4 etc or east towards the housing development.

And when you are on ground level, the foliage will immerse you.

Reactions: Mike S
I have a feeling VB may pull off an epic illusion, making the surrounding freeway and housing developments completely invisible.

From what I can tell, all open areas of the slides and loading platforms (in elevated areas) face into the park. In other words, any time you are in an elevated area, your only choice for a view will be into the park or resort, and not south towards I-4 etc or east towards the housing development.

And when you are on ground level, the foliage will immerse you.
Even if they able to prevent sightlines of the immediate interstates, roads, and neighborhoods, I don't think it really matters as surely some of the slide towers will have views of some of the I-Drive area nearby. Unless they come up with some clever solution or plant a new forest on the park's edge, I'd say that is inevitable.

EDIT: Update From Volcano Bay Waterpark Construction Update #7 ~ Universal Orlando Resort – WildGravity Travels

Status of the wave pool...
Volcano-Bay-Waterpark-Construction-Universal-Orlando-Resort-086.jpg

A bidge built over one of the lazy rivers...
Volcano-Bay-Waterpark-Construction-Universal-Orlando-Resort-088.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.