Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isn't that the truth.

If you have not driven by VB on I4 it is hard to appreciate just how close it is to the highway. This is really going to stand out to people driving by.

Also worth noting, it's directly in your face for people who go on the Orlando Eye and imo, it sticks out the most out of anything I saw on there.

Isn't that the truth.

If you have not driven by VB on I4 it is hard to appreciate just how close it is to the highway. This is really going to stand out to people driving by.

From what I've read the new TL ride will have show scenes of some kind. I hope VB has a ride like that too.

From what I've read the new TL ride will have show scenes of some kind. I hope VB has a ride like that too.
I am all for inovative water rides, the queztion begs thoughs, when going to a waterpark; how many people expect "immersive" rides and who goes to a waterpark for an "immersive" experience?

I definitely understand people being less excited about Volcano Bay (re: the whole water THEME park issue), than before. One of the most exotic things I ever experienced is a swimming pool on Turkey, right by the Pamukale hot springs, this pool was littered with old relics (columns, and other ancient temple structures), I thought it would be nice if VB could be like this, then, maybe most of us would be outpriced lol.

From what I have seen, it looks like a slightly better Aquatica, but really, I am happy with that. (Note also, both have a Pacific-Oceanic theme, with names most can't pronounce.) Aquatica is a great park, just lacks diversity, and I think VB will provide this. I hope I will be able to afford a pass for this. In any case, it is miles up from WnW.

I am all for inovative water rides, the queztion begs thoughs, when going to a waterpark; how many people expect "immersive" rides and who goes to a waterpark for an "immersive" experience?

I definitely understand people being less excited about Volcano Bay (re: the whole water THEME park issue), than before. One of the most exotic things I ever experienced is a swimming pool on Turkey, right by the Pamukale hot springs, this pool was littered with old relics (columns, and other ancient temple structures), I thought it would be nice if VB could be like this, then, maybe most of us would be outpriced lol.

From what I have seen, it looks like a slightly better Aquatica, but really, I am happy with that. (Note also, both have a Pacific-Oceanic theme, with names most can't pronounce.) Aquatica is a great park, just lacks diversity, and I think VB will provide this. I hope I will be able to afford a pass for this. In any case, it is miles up from WnW.

I think this will be the thrills of WnW with the theming of Disney.

I don't think anybody really expects an immersive ride but with the new era of heavily themed rides and lands in the parks, this seems like the natural evolution of water parks.

The problem will be the cost though like you said. At what point does the extensive theming/cost become too much for the experience especially in a city with 3 other world class water parks.

Personally, I love water parks, the weather here is crap 99% of the time so when I'm in a place with good weather, I'm as happy being in a water park than any where else.

I think this will be the thrills of WnW with the theming of Disney.

I don't think anybody really expects an immersive ride but with the new era of heavily themed rides and lands in the parks, this seems like the natural evolution of water parks.

The problem will be the cost though like you said. At what point does the extensive theming/cost become too much for the experience especially in a city with 3 other world class water parks.

Personally, I love water parks, the weather here is crap 99% of the time so when I'm in a place with good weather, I'm as happy being in a water park than any where else.

You have taken the words right out of my mouth! Being a fellow citizen of the UK too this is exactly what I am like when I get somewhere warm and dry, Can't keep me out of waterparks or swimming pools/the sea. I think the UK weather not really allowing for us to have any good outdoor waterparks is the main reason why I get so excited to visit one.

Minor complaint in the UK tickets on offer, but it really isn't anyone's fault.

Park is scheduled to open 'by June 1st' with many expecting softs or even an official opening before that date. Yet the 3 park 'explorer' ticket can only be used starting on the 1st June....which is no good for us going in May and hoping for a soft opening whilst there.

I'm left wondering if the park ticket would still be accepted in the other 2 parks before June 1st should Volcano Bay not be open.

Reactions: Scott W.
Minor complaint in the UK tickets on offer, but it really isn't anyone's fault.

Park is scheduled to open 'by June 1st' with many expecting softs or even an official opening before that date. Yet the 3 park 'explorer' ticket can only be used starting on the 1st June....which is no good for us going in May and hoping for a soft opening whilst there.

I'm left wondering if the park ticket would still be accepted in the other 2 parks before June 1st should Volcano Bay not be open.

Your best bet is to buy the tickets a month or so out and see if anything has changed.

Reactions: UAN17
I was finally getting my plastic pass yesterday, and I was asking the girl taking care of it what she thought would happen with VB for passes. She of course said she does not have real knowledge, but speculated they might have it as an add-on to your existing pass. That actually would be a great idea, just so that you don't need to have another pass, also made me think, they really should consider something like this for HHN as well, where you can just add your HHN ticket/pass to your regular pass.

I was finally getting my plastic pass yesterday, and I was asking the girl taking care of it what she thought would happen with VB for passes. She of course said she does not have real knowledge, but speculated they might have it as an add-on to your existing pass. That actually would be a great idea, just so that you don't need to have another pass, also made me think, they really should consider something like this for HHN as well, where you can just add your HHN ticket/pass to your regular pass.

They are using the new pass for the HHN ticket this year so I can't see why they could not add VB to it if that is an option. Once you pay it should be activated.

CpQgZvEWEAAXrqs.jpg

CpQUITsWgAE-zEK.jpg

My apologies, I do not know how to copy the tweets directly so here are a couple of photos from Bioreconstruct on twitter. I also don't know the names of the slides yet.

The large drop body slide has started to find its way into the mangled steel structure. Also, the twin twisty slides have found their way into the mess of steel too. There are also a couple of water coaster slide pieces hidden in there too! I wish I could have seen them install these slide pieces!

The drop slide doesn't look as steep as I initially thought it would be. I am sure it will get steeper towards the top but it has a pretty gradual pull out.

The twisty slides look like a lot of fun and fast!

The more the slides get installed the more excited I am about this project. Everything looks like a fun ride! There are many more pictures on twitter from Bioreconstruct!

Status
Not open for further replies.