Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 372 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aerial update alert! :pixie:

Thanks again, MickeyXtreme, for these amazing pics every week!

Update: And there we have it, the geyser is back! Yay!:D
33479938793_46a8dcd575_c.jpg

34132781062_59bd980324_c.jpg

Interesting that the geysers were a late add, but regardless, glad to see that they're going to have them!

Something that just occurred to me...

Do we have any idea why the entry building is so big? Waterparks don't usually have a large entry building and it doesnt seem to be the primary retail or the restaurant (those are both to the left once you enter and lockers look to be to the right...)

Reactions: MattA
As a Universal novice this may be a silly question but can I assume we'll be able to walk from the Hard Rock to VB? IF you can walk from HR to Cabana Bay, and from CB to VB, everything should be connected via walking path, right?

One of the perks of the resort, that we enjoyed during our first visit, was the close proximity of everything. We could walk from our hotel to another hotel, we could walk to each theme park or city walk. It was great. I hope they're able to keep this convenience as they keep expanding.
The biggest problem/challenge of that is the CityWalk portion with the congestion (depending on time of day) as well as having to go through security when you enter CityWalk and then get screened again entering VB.

Something that just occurred to me...

Do we have any idea why the entry building is so big? Waterparks don't usually have a large entry building and it doesnt seem to be the primary retail or the restaurant (those are both to the left once you enter and lockers look to be to the right...)
They might have all of the security screening under there. First park built from the ground up since the parks started doing the metal detectors and everything.

Reactions: JoeCamel
They might have all of the security screening under there. First park built from the ground up since the parks started doing the metal detectors and everything.

There's not any real security check at Disney waterparks though, barely a bag check for glass items - and it's just done by the ticket people, not even security.

They pulled a permit for a security screening structure a couple of weeks ago, so there will be security screening by the security guards and I would guess with metal detectors and xray machines (just like the ones at the Garden Walk entrances on CityWalk).

They pulled a permit for a security screening structure a couple of weeks ago, so there will be security screening by the security guards and I would guess with metal detectors and xray machines (just like the ones at the Garden Walk entrances on CityWalk).

But if it's a separate structure for security, then it's arguably not that building, no?

Those aerials are great although due to all the shadows and the angles chosen it's hard to tell what's going on in the part of the mountain near the water coaster drop. Is anyone able to make out any current progress on that rock work?

And... another Volcano Bay uniform here (taken through a bus window this afternoon). The ladies wearing these had hats on, which maybe suggests a food prep role?
IMG_20170426_160734376~2.jpg
I'm really starting to worry I'll be served with some sort of harassment notice if i keep taking sneaky photos of people like this! :lol:

Last edited:
Personally, if it's just me; I see those boats that travel down the river to be quite..a useful asset. Depending if they allow it, why not just use the boat's from HRH and Portofino and just go down to Sapphire. Then take the walking path, and that it would take a bit less time.

i'm curious how they'll do this. As of now, if you take the SF boat to CBBR, you "have" to (as in, are very much urged to by signs) walk the Garden Walk to the intersection of Adventure Way and Hollywood Way (which the Garden Walk goes over). That's almost as long as walking from CityWalk to CBBR.

i believe that is on purpose to discourage people from doing that.

There still a lot of people who do that crazy Hollywood Way street-cross though!

i'm curious how they'll do this. As of now, if you take the SF boat to CBBR, you "have" to (as in, are very much urged to by signs) walk the Garden Walk to the intersection of Adventure Way and Hollywood Way (which the Garden Walk goes over). That's almost as long as walking from CityWalk to CBBR.

i believe that is on purpose to discourage people from doing that.

There still a lot of people who do that crazy Hollywood Way street-cross though!

Why is this walk precievied as so far? I could have sworn when I last stayed at SF, I could walk from the pool to just about near the crossover. To me, from the lobby, the walk to the crossover and the walk to where it looked like the tunnel was going, well, it looked about the same distance to me, but to cross and walk to the back of CBBR would be much further than where the tunnel was being built.

Why is this walk precievied as so far? I could have sworn when I last stayed at SF, I could walk from the pool to just about near the crossover. To me, from the lobby, the walk to the crossover and the walk to where it looked like the tunnel was going, well, it looked about the same distance to me, but to cross and walk to the back of CBBR would be much further than where the tunnel was being built.

i could certainly be mistaken because i didn't Fitbit it or anything. But the walk from the boat to SF lobby, back out to Hollywood Drive is a lot longer than it seems.

That non-crosswalk between SF and CBBR is the key to making it faster, and they surely will be cracking down on that (?).

EDIT: Ah, i misunderstood: you're saying the VB tunnel is closer than the Garden Walk. In that case, you are surely right that it is not as long.

Reactions: Joel
Status
Not open for further replies.