Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 373 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy how much progress is being made, even in just the past couple weeks. There is still significant work going on in a couple areas, but it appears like most parts of the park are either complete or almost complete. I think they might actually pull this off.

Those aerials are great although due to all the shadows and the angles chosen it's hard to tell what's going on in the part of the mountain near the water coaster drop. Is anyone able to make out any current progress on that rock work?

Yeah I was hoping to see more of the area we have focused on lately near the base and interior of the volcano. I couldn't really gather any info from the shots other than there appears to be two stations each side now that look like they are involved with concrete due to all the similar coloured dust around and a large crane on the right hand side is parked up to. Also from one angle it looks like more rock work has gone up next to the exit of the water coaster from the mountain but it really is hard to tell. I have been tempted to message all of the people that get these aerial shots and politely ask them to focus on that area but then I think that's rather cheeky considering what they are already doing for everyone :lol:

It's crazy how much progress is being made, even in just the past couple weeks. There is still significant work going on in a couple areas, but it appears like most parts of the park are either complete or almost complete. I think they might actually pull this off.

Its not everyday you open an entire new park and invite over one of the top viewed morning shows for the grand opening, imagine the amount of press coverage this is going to get, I don't think the word 'IF' is an option, It will at the very least appear to be fully finished. There looks a lot going on but progress is so fast on landscaping and any rock work that there really doesn't appear many significant sized areas that they couldn't get finished in a week or so if needed. Regardless getting in extra contractors for a last big push would cost peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

Video Update from OrlanDave, not too much change to see from recent updates unfortunately but still better than nothing.

Last edited:
It is curious to me that at this late date they had fenced off a large area of the wave pool. Perhaps issues came up regarding the ground lighting system once they temporarily filled it last week?

Too, I noticed that there appears to be a wheelchair ramp into the pool on the far left (as you face the volcano). Is this a standard addition?

Reactions: Joel
It is curious to me that at this late date they had fenced off a large area of the wave pool. Perhaps issues came up regarding the ground lighting system once they temporarily filled it last week?

Too, I noticed that there appears to be a wheelchair ramp into the pool on the far left (as you face the volcano). Is this a standard addition?
These days it is. Aquatica has one in each wave pool.

Reactions: Teebin
I've been assuming that it's for lifeguards because there aren't really any other spots they would be able to watch the middle of the pool from.

Status
Not open for further replies.