Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VB will be using wrist band payments. "They're magicbands!" idiots will say not understanding this has been a common off the shelf system available and used by water parks for many many years.
Yeah, even budget-conscious Sea World offers bands to use at their parks. Of course I think they sell them :lol:

Then again, are they really idiots? For most people, their only interaction with bands like that will be at WDW.

Yeah, even budget-conscious Sea World offers bands to use at their parks. Of course I think they sell them :lol:

Then again, are they really idiots? For most people, their only interaction with bands like that will be at WDW.

Yeah, as Brian said, people who see VB giving an option to use a plastic band to buy things is validation of the whole MDX/MM+/Bands fiasco.

Wonder how well they'll enclose the park, there's a few hotels overlooking it. Would be slightly weird to have an immersive volcano themed waterpark, with a Rosen Inn peering over.

Good question. The rooms will sure have amazing views though.

I don't know how much of that side of the hotel will be visible to guests, if at all since people will be looking out.

It would be a nice touch if you could access Volcano Bay directly from the hotel. It would be even nicer, if they created an entrance to IOA from Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls, something similar to what Epcot has.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I don't know how much of that side of the hotel will be visible to guests, if at all since people will be looking out.

It would be a nice touch if you could access Volcano Bay directly from the hotel. It would be even nicer, if they created an entrance to IOA from Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls, something similar to what Epcot has.
At that point, Cabana Bay would have 2 separate hotel entrances. All of a sudden it's not really a "Prime Value" hotel anymore. Prices would get jacked up so much.

No, I was referring to the view of VB from the rooms as being amazing. I guess I didn't phrase that well.

No, I was referring to the view of VB from the rooms as being amazing. I guess I didn't phrase that well.

Sorry, I knew what you meant, I forgot to address it. I think the view is going to be spectacular, I cant tell if it will be better during the day or at night.

At that point, Cabana Bay would have 2 separate hotel entrances. All of a sudden it's not really a "Prime Value" hotel anymore. Prices would get jacked up so much.

It's overly ambitious. An entrance to IOA would be compltely impractical. I'm also sure that Universal want people going through CityWalk as much as possible when heading to the hotels.

An entrance to VB for the people staying in the towers with the great view over looking it however, sounds like a pretty great incentive.

Reactions: Quint
I would imagine they'll have some way for guests to walk to the entrance down the road. . It would make no sense to make a CBBR, or even Sapphire Falls guest to take a bus to the parking garage and then another bus to get back to VB. Wasted transportation costs and time.

Reactions: Mike S
I would imagine they'll have some way for guests to walk to the entrance down the road. . It would make no sense to make a CBBR, or even Sapphire Falls guest to take a bus to the parking garage and then another bus to get back to VB. Wasted transportation costs and time.

What about the guests staying at the more expensive hotels, I'd imagine they'll have a direct bus running straight to VB?

What about the guests staying at the more expensive hotels, I'd imagine they'll have a direct bus running straight to VB?
I also wonder, if you want to hop from the water park to the regular parks (or vice versa) , you would be better off walking to Sapphire and taking a water taxi. Likewise, for hotel guests, they probably will just use the water taxi and walk from Sapphire.

I also wonder, if you want to hop from the water park to the regular parks (or vice versa) , you would be better off walking to Sapphire and taking a water taxi. Likewise, for hotel guests, they probably will just use the water taxi and walk from Sapphire.

I can imagine the chain of thought:

"I've just done Toon Lagoon, might as well go to Volcano Bay to dry off."

Status
Not open for further replies.