Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will look just like the other towers. They will be named Beachside and Bayside Towers.

I worded that quite badly. What I meant is that inside the towers, it will be all Cabana Bay and the side facing Cabana Bay will fit in like expected. But the side of the towers facing Volcano Bay, could they possibly be painted like trees or some kind of camouflage, so that they blend into the background and theming of Volcano Bay? If that makes any more sense?

If you go beyond 199.9 ft., you need a blinking light at the top. Of course with the Skyplex coaster now approved, Universal can pretty much do whatever they want as all they have to do is point to Skyplex being approved.

I remember reading about that but it was about ToT and Cinderella Castle and that's why they're not taller to avoid having the light on top.

What I was referring to was something to do with zoning in the county Universal is in or something along those lines. If I remember, the Skyplex is just outside the limits so it doesn't apply.

Maybe theming 2oo+ft could be something for the 3rd gate if what I said, has any truth to it.

Edit: I think this is what I read:

Skyplex | Page 27 | Orlando United Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
I worded that quite badly. What I meant is that inside the towers, it will be all Cabana Bay and the side facing Cabana Bay will fit in like expected. But the side of the towers facing Volcano Bay, could they possibly be painted like trees or some kind of camouflage, so that they blend into the background and theming of Volcano Bay? If that makes any more sense?
They will both look like CBBR on all sides, as they are 2 different businesses.

They will both look like CBBR on all sides, as they are 2 different businesses.

It's still the same resort though. Disney did it with Tower of Terror so the backside would blend into Morocco when viewed from inside of EPCOT.

towerofmorroco-e1399146268789.jpg

Reactions: greendude33
If you go beyond 199.9 ft., you need a blinking light at the top. Of course with the Skyplex coaster now approved, Universal can pretty much do whatever they want as all they have to do is point to Skyplex being approved.
Yeah, that was like a well plotted out chess match. A pure subterfuge move. Universal made it look like they were losing, when in actuality it was a big win. Universal played the Skyplex debate like a violin.

Reactions: Nick
I'd imagine so, if Skyplex is.

Let's see what Universal can do without a height limit.

Well in Orlando I would not assume anything. Our City lines are very interesting. On a road you can go from county, to city, back to county and it is a straight line almost. The city annexes any party of the county that they think they can make money off of :)

But yes, in this case the 3rd park is county.

Reactions: Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.