Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! I've read the forums for quite some time, but now I decided to finally post. Volcano Bay is quite possibly, in my opinion, the most impressive project I've seen Universal take on, with Kong coming in with a near tie. I've read through a good chunk of this thread, but there's a few questions I wanted to raise and get your opinions on;
  • Will Volcano Bay operate year-round? I imagine a park of this magnitude could use some time for maintenance. Maybe close after Christmas season in Mid-January and open back up in late February? Sometimes it isn't even warm enough in those months.
  • What kind of hours will Volcano Bay have? I think it'd be really cool to have some late nights where they close at 10. Most other water parks in the area are closed before sunset. Seeing the volcano at night would be impressive.

Welcome!

I think Volcano Bay could look incredible at night time. Throw in some tiki torches and I'll be completely sold.

I think ignoring Volcano Bay is kind of a shame. The 3 bigger water parks in Orlando are 3 of the best parks in the town as-is, and VB should be better.
VB should be great, but it honestly isn't going to attract many more per year than WnW does, just a higher class guest who are willing to spend more. It's not an issue of the park being good or not, but it is said to have a fairly small capacity and there's a lot of people that just don't like water parks (or won't add them on as a part of their trip).

I think ignoring Volcano Bay is kind of a shame. The 3 bigger water parks in Orlando are 3 of the best parks in the town as-is, and VB should be better.

I'm sure it'll be great for those who enjoy water parks! For a variety of reasons, they don't excite me, and I have no intention of ever paying to set foot in one.

Reactions: snayberry
I think the close proximity alone will be a great asset. I kind of assumed that going to Wet n Wild from the onsite hotels would be a bit easier than it is.
Yeah, all the times I've been to Universal I never once even considered going to Wet & Wild. But I will definitely go to Volcano Bay, and I'm not even a big water park fan anymore.

Yeah, all the times I've been to Universal I never once even considered going to Wet & Wild. But I will definitely go to Volcano Bay, and I'm not even a big water park fan anymore.

Are you going to Wet n Wild in one of your trips later this year as a final goodbye?

But the question is will you just go once to check it out or will it be a once per trip thing. I think that will be the big question for a lot of people.

I have never been to WnW and I don't plan on going this year either. I have not heard the best things about the crowd or rides there. So I will skip. But I will be trying VB at some point. Probably not opening year, but more when I get Uni AP passes again which will be when my youngest is 40"

Status
Not open for further replies.