Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, the triangle of land is about the same size as TL and BB combined. I'm guessing a lot of the size complaints assumed that a car park would be included in that land.

Well the triangle piece at the bottom will be back of the house offices/equipment, so that takes some of the in-park space away.

And this was the bane of my existence for two weeks after I posted it. Even some of the grand old favorites here questioned it!
Yeah,almost everyone was looking at water parks total acreage( water park plus parking lot) and counting the parking lots as part of the actual water park area. It seemed like it took forever to get people to understand VB would be comparably sized to the actual WDW water parks, minus their parking lots.

Reactions: anihilnation
I don't believe so. Fun Spot just said they are taking the land they own to the north (I think it's to the north) and paving more parking lot in preparation for a new expansion.
Preparation or not, FDOT needed that parcel )and other parcels nearby) for storage and other whatnot unsaid space for the Grand National Drive Overpass. After that overpass is completed, the development to the North and North east of funspot will sprout quickly..

From what I've heard, Volcano Bay will not be using all of the available space on its plot of land. A sizable portion will be cleared and left vacant. This has been earmarked as an expansion pad and will not be used when it opens in 2017.

Yeah, I have known this since 2014. The where has always been a question. I always imagined that between the two towers would be the location. keywords guessed/imagined. If someone knows more than me, then I want to know what you know... or a bitty part of it! :)

Yeah, I have known this since 2014. The where has always been a question. I always imagined that between the two towers would be the location. keywords guessed/imagined. If someone knows more than me, then I want to know what you know... or a bitty part of it! :)

Last edited:
I thought someone had previously said there would be a plot of land, undeveloped, reserved for an expansion pad. Might have been Teebin, but my memory is fuzzy. Was it you Teebs?

I never knew... I was just guessing. I only knew that they have expansion plans and that is the truth. Where? Frig me! :)

I never knew... I was just guessing. I only knew that they have expansion plans and that is the truth. Where? Frig me! :)
Cool way to avoid non disclosure. ;) Yeah, you were the culprit. :shock:I've said it before, I'll say it again. "Teebin Knows All" :hail:. But sometimes he doesn't tell us.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Glad they already have expansion plans. Last thing we need is for them to pull a Disney and open the waterpark and think its good enough without any additions for twenty or more years!

Who cares that their two parks are the most visited in the US...the fact that they've only added one attraction to Typhoon Lagoon in 27 years is a total spit-in-the-face to the guests who spend their money there.

Those parks could and should be some of the biggest and baddest parks in the world. Sure they're well themed, but lacking in rides and newer innovations.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.