Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, would that be the longest drop water slide? Just like at one time Magnum XL200 was the tallest coaster but Steel phantom had longest drop on a coaster. I guess the stairs aren't that bad if it were a line but a continuous climb . . . i'd likely die 3 times.
Good memory on the Magnum/Steel Phantom controversy. I rode both back then (I live apx. 10-15 minutes from Kennywood) and thought the Phantom drop was way better since it dropped into a natural ravine, which made it much more thrilling....My favorite part of Magnum was not the drop, but all the bunny hops at the end that gave you great airtime.

Reactions: IzzyB
Think we will be seeing something like this? It seems to take up a good amount of space

This is very, well kinda, compact and it is a lot of fun!

But I would kill for something like this!
ProSlide-HydroTornado.jpg

Reactions: Macfr3ak
Pieces for it are in the storage lot, so it's a fact :)
What has me confused is the size of the pieces look smaller like a standard hydromagnetic watercoaster...not the hydromagnetic mammoth...

Though I definitely wouldn't complain if we got both! Holiday World in Indiana has both and it immensely helps capacity. Who knows? Maybe we'll get the saucer style coaster, AND a mammoth!

Not the whole thing, but if you can build a 200ft volcano, surely you can cover up a bowl or funnel element. Personally though, I like seeing the slides etc.

Thanks for the pics, where is this, I would love a slide like this.
Since we're losing two awesome rides in Disco H2O and Brain Wash from Wet N Wild, part of me wishes they'd either relocate these slides or build a combo slide that features those elements.

What has me confused is the size of the pieces look smaller like a standard hydromagnetic watercoaster...not the hydromagnetic mammoth...

Though I definitely wouldn't complain if we got both! Holiday World in Indiana has both and it immensely helps capacity. Who knows? Maybe we'll get the saucer style coaster, AND a mammoth!
I once had a dream.of a hydro magnetic mat slide, it was awesome, fully enclosed black tubes with fancy lights, went upside down as well, lol, so probably will never happen.

I love the idea of the mechanism, I don't love the way those folks are all squeezed in there like that. Don't want to be rubbing skin with gross strangers, haha

I think there is a bit of room to move about but you're kind of right. Especially when people are wet and slimy with sun cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.