Volcano Bay Expansion? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My long term fan-fiction prediction:

2026: something at USF, maybe a F&F rollercoaster taking over Supercharged

2027: Zelda at IOA

2028: Full Volcano Bay expansion

The other 2 parks will need to a life once Epic opens, so after that it’s only time that VB gets some love.

Imagine a SlideWheel at Volcano Bay:

Awkward Kid GIF

My long term fan-fiction prediction:

2026: something at USF, maybe a F&F rollercoaster taking over Supercharged

2027: Zelda at IOA

2028: Full Volcano Bay expansion

The other 2 parks will need to a life once Epic opens, so after that it’s only time that VB gets some love.
My predictions:
2026: MIB Replacement/VB Expansion

2027: Legend of Zelda

2028: F&F Replacement

This would allow the three existing parks to receive something big not too long after EU's opening.

Whoa whoa whoa!

Let’s not get crazy here!

That being said, I am hoping 2026 brings either the DK playground or a Volcano Bay expansion.
Is MIB too far? lol, sorry. I love MIB, but I think the end is approaching much sooner than expected.

Simpsons and F&F are sticking around till at least 2028, so that really only leaves MIB and Fallon.

Just to get back on topic, wasn't a VB expansion planned a loooong time ago?

Reactions: Ahmanet and gibert
This should probably go in the epic speculation thread, but it seems decently on topic.

We know theoretically that if the south resort follows the north’s trajectory, down the line the paved parking lot could be replaced with a citywalk and fourth gate.

Wonder if they would consider a second water park there instead of citywalk. Or is there another plot of land in south campus that a water park could go on?

This should probably go in the epic speculation thread, but it seems decently on topic.

We know theoretically that if the south resort follows the north’s trajectory, down the line the paved parking lot could be replaced with a citywalk and fourth gate.

Wonder if they would consider a second water park there instead of citywalk. Or is there another plot of land in south campus that a water park could go on?
Somebody like @Scott W. or @tommyhawkins (if I remember correctly) had a speculative map of the new land which included a 4th gate, a CityWalk 2.0, and a water park.

I have no idea about water management, but I'd assume it would take a ridiculous amount of work with the county/government to reclaim some of the land being utilized for the retention pond they built and utilize it for a park, especially how close it is to Shingle Creek.
I think they would have to expand the retention if they added a garage and another park. I'm pretty sure they have the current layout near minimums to maximize the usable area.

I think they would have to expand the retention if they added a garage and another park. I'm pretty sure they have the current layout near minimums to maximize the usable area.
That's what I was thinking. Future development would require additional space they don't currently have for a pond expansion. It's a pretty big pond nowhere near filling up, but wouldn't surprise me after last year that Orlando became a bit more serious with flooding concerns.

Back to VB, I would not be shocked to see park reservations implemented once Epic's hotel capacity opens unless some major work is done. I can't see Universal lock out their onsite hotel guests and let offsite guests show up and get turned away.

Reactions: Ahmanet and GA-MBIT