Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Expansion?

If the Punga Racers renovation and rumors about Universal being unhappy with Proslide are anything to go by, it looks like the expansion slides should be built/designed by WhiteWater West. There's some pretty cool mat racer slide types on there, including one that has water-coaster-like water launches and one that features those AquaLucent art designs like they have on Ray Rush and Solar Vortex.

If the Punga Racers renovation and rumors about Universal being unhappy with Proslide are anything to go by, it looks like the expansion slides should be built/designed by WhiteWater West. There's some pretty cool mat racer slide types on there, including one that has water-coaster-like water launches and one that features those AquaLucent art designs like they have on Ray Rush and Solar Vortex.
My main worry about using Whitewater for more slides is that, usually, their support structures are ugly. While I’m sure Universal and their landscaping team would be able to have some effect, I don’t know if it would be enough to completely cover it. Plus, isn’t proslide the only WaterCoaster manufacturer with a magnetically driven model?

That and I’d want to know how often someone doesn’t clear the hill. The point of these slides is to help deal with the terrible capacity that most water slides have.
Yes, water parks aren't exactly known for great throughput

IMO, the expansion definitely needs more 'Ride Now' type attractions...aka things to occupy your time

And a glorious mat slide

That mat slide design could be really marketable for the park, hopefully whitewater is the go-to company from now on. VB also lacks a bowl slide, something along the lines of disco H20 but themed to a lava pit would be pretty cool.

That mat slide design could be really marketable for the park, hopefully whitewater is the go-to company from now on. VB also lacks a bowl slide, something along the lines of disco H20 but themed to a lava pit would be pretty cool.

Gosh I hope not. Most of Whitewater’s products are inferior to Proslide. I know Universal is frustrated with how everything went with the park opening, but honestly, most of Proslides products are the BEST in the industry. (Except for the Aqualoop!)

I know everything is in flux right now, but I can’t see Volcano Bay getting an expansion anytime soon. I think Epic Universe will be open long before VB gets an expansion.

It’s just really hard to imagine Universal investing a bunch of money in a park with such a low capacity.

I know everything is in flux right now, but I can’t see Volcano Bay getting an expansion anytime soon. I think Epic Universe will be open long before VB gets an expansion.

It’s just really hard to imagine Universal investing a bunch of money in a park with such a low capacity.
The expansion is relatively cheap and adds capacity. That added capacity could hotel guests stay longer, spent more on food, drinks and souvenirs so I think money well spent.

As long as it's not based off of the Jersey side of the island

Themed Action Park section?

class-action-park-2-2000.jpg

Universal view of Anniversaries; A commemorative donut at Voodoos and a commemorative milkshake at Toothsome....As Porky Pig would say "That's All Folks". ;) :)
They’re basically pulling a Disney. “Celebrating an anniversary? Random food options and cheap merch! That’s all you get!”

they should be better than that.

They’re basically pulling a Disney. “Celebrating an anniversary? Random food options and cheap merch! That’s all you get!”

they should be better than that.
But at least Universal admits to that longtime M.O. They're so low key, hardly anyone knows there's an anniversary....Disney hypes and tries to make it look like they're doing a lot for Anniversaries. :lol: