Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

How long do we think it would take to fix a pool bottom floor for the serpentine drop slides? We fly out for 11 nights tomorrow and I quite like the idea of giving myself minor whiplash :lol:

What is in the building on the expansion pad? Isn't that creative?
With the creative office overlooking the south property would they expand that and use this space for more expansion or support for VB?

On the subject of the tent I would think it is for both concealment and to offer some protection to the workers while protecting the work in progress. Too many positives not to do it when they had a ready made space for it.

As far as workers up cutting holes in the supports for DD/DC. I worked high steel doing just that when the temps were 100+ out west. Torch or not you just roll with it and keep working. Sometimes being covered in sweat is a plus when you are making sparks.

I think moving the creative office to the south property could be a possibly when the new park starts construction.

I think moving the creative office to the south property could be a possibly when the new park starts construction.

Is that creative though (I would not know)...I just seem to recall (from a few years back and driving to WnW) that their were Lowes office buildings out that way, but I forget how close that was to where VB ended up.

Is that creative though (I would not know)...I just seem to recall (from a few years back and driving to WnW) that their were Lowes office buildings out that way, but I forget how close that was to where VB ended up.

UC hasn't been located south of VB for quite a few years. Most of creative is now backstage in one of the main office buildings with much of the creative happening in building 39.

Then there is the new building down near the new land that they purchased, and I believe right across the street from ITEC. ITEC is a big player/vendor in the themed entertainment biz.

What, is pammies open to the public? The business arrangements backstage are so confusing to me. There are one or two businesses located within bldg 39 as well. It's these little things that get me all flustered, hot and bothered, palpitations... I could go on...

Is that the actual expansion area though? I always thought It was in the unhighlighted area between the yellow highlight there and the puihi structure (yellow and green raft slides).

That yellow area would be such a long walk- in particular towards the end- that anything added there would need some type of transportation system.

That said- even that puihi structure feels the most "out of the way" of any of the structures. So the expansion would certainly be tucked away back there. I'm hoping it's a very tall structure that you can see pretty easily from within that area of the park- just to build excitement.

ETA: I know it won't happen- but that yellow area could easily be a large enclosed show building with an actual ride in it- where the entrance and exit is there at the front of the yellow.
A ride that is basically Spider-Man in water would be Great. The park needs more screens :D

Last edited:
What, is pammies open to the public? The business arrangements backstage are so confusing to me. There are one or two businesses located within bldg 39 as well. It's these little things that get me all flustered, hot and bothered, palpitations... I could go on...
I can see the gears turning in your head.... go in and get a sammie then sit next to a couple of creatives discussing their latest projects over lunch. Just mind your own business and keep your ears peeled..... Sure we know what you are up to :cool::lol:

I can see the gears turning in your head.... go in and get a sammie then sit next to a couple of creatives discussing their latest projects over lunch. Just mind your own business and keep your ears peeled..... Sure we know what you are up to :cool::lol:
Teebin is more direct. He just get's Creature Tech to put a Mark Woodbury mask on him, walks into Creative, and asks "what's new?". ;):lol:

I likes that idea :lol:

Well well... it has been reported to me by the neighboring gator, that his twin was not hit by a palm tree at all, but was evidently hit by a utility vehicle of some kind, probably after hours.

Who needs Irma when workers can do it all by themselves.

they must have rehired the guys that caused damage to EFG :bang:

The land is marked as Loew's hotel services. According to street view there is still a sign up for Universal Creative as of April last year.

View attachment 5463

View attachment 5462

Well, that must be what I was talking about. I thought someone asked if there were office buildings in the expansion area....but I recall seeing a sign up front that it was Loews offices as I think that was when the water park talk was picking up and I wondered if that was UNI property behind that last corner.

I was under the impression that the area between the yellow highlighted part and the actual park is the expansion area?

It is. I'm not sure what they were discussing- I got a little lost following it.

yes, I thought someone talked about creative offices being back behind what I think is left of the expansion plot...at least that is why I mentioned I thought there was a Loews sign out front a couple of years ago.