Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well well... it has been reported to me by the neighboring gator, that his twin was not hit by a palm tree at all, but was evidently hit by a utility vehicle of some kind, probably after hours.

Who needs Irma when workers can do it all by themselves.

Well, I assume the working is from Florida...and hey, I am as well...but I think the state gave up, I mean if the Turnpike needs this sign...I guess it is Floridah

37338783641_e4648e92ed_c.jpg

Reactions: anihilnation
What, is pammies open to the public? The business arrangements backstage are so confusing to me. There are one or two businesses located within bldg 39 as well. It's these little things that get me all flustered, hot and bothered, palpitations... I could go on...
It is. That's just a basic public office complex that just happens to be amongst the parking for Universal's service areas. I think Universal sold that land at the same time they sold the land behind Jaws/Fear Factor/Men in Black that became an apartment complex.

How have crowds been during the week? Going tomorrow hoping to hit most the big slides
They haven’t been terrible lately. Just make sure to get an early start. Hit Krakatau, Honu, Ika Moana, and Ko’Okiri if you’re in to that. Everything else should be very smooth sailing.

Also hearing Kala and Tai are back up. Can anyone confirm?

Reactions: Porkchop
I wonder if this will raise the weight back on these. Maybe the more solid people were hitting the ground to hard??

I wonder if this will raise the weight back on these. Maybe the more solid people were hitting the ground to hard??
I don't think that was the issue. Heavier folk hitting the turns too hard was probably the culprit. Not only painful for the guest, but also puts more stress on the supports at each turn. And being Serpentine, there's a bunch of 'em.

I rode them both and I don't even remember the pool at the bottom. Hah

I'm only 160ish (6'2) and it was crazy intense. Can't even open your eyes the entire time and the Gs are pretty nuts. I couldn't imagine weighing 280 and trying to ride them.

I enjoyed the straight drop more- it was smooth as glass. The serpentine ones didn't scrape me but I definitely felt "rubbed" afterwards. And not in the good way :D

all those folks that claimed these operational issues were just "opening growing pains" were wrong apparently.
When Volcano Bay was announced, I honestly planned to go as soon as I could, but since I've had second thoughts. I'd personally only go now if I was staying at Cabana Bay, and access to walk up/early entry. Every positive review I've read are from people that had both of these options, and were able to do most of the park before noon. After noon, it appears the park becomes a giant cluster"XXXX".

That being said, the idea that I need to arrive early, and manage my time via Tapu Tapu., completely takes away the allure of a water park to me.

The original idea of Tapu Tapu was for people to be able to "relax" instead of waiting in line, and I honestly think it does the exact opposite.

I'd rather just hang at the hotel pool, and sip on adult beverages without the "hour" wait.

all those folks that claimed these operational issues were just "opening growing pains" were wrong apparently.
When Volcano Bay was announced, I honestly planned to go as soon as I could, but since I've had second thoughts. I'd personally only go now if I was staying at Cabana Bay, and access to walk up/early entry. Every positive review I've read are from people that had both of these options, and were able to do most of the park before noon. After noon, it appears the park becomes a giant cluster"XXXX".

That being said, the idea that I need to arrive early, and manage my time via Tapu Tapu., completely takes away the allure of a water park to me.

The original idea of Tapu Tapu was for people to be able to "relax" instead of waiting in line, and I honestly think it does the exact opposite.

I'd rather just hang at the hotel pool, and sip on adult beverages without the "hour" wait.

If that’s all you wanted to do- VB certainly wouldn’t be a good choice. You could easily do that at one of the “secondary” pools at VB- but then what’d be the point.

The alternative is go the first couple hours and commando it- then grab lunch early- then go hang by a secondary pool and you’ll have ridden rides, eaten without a wait, and then gotten to relax- all while not having to use your Tapu Tapu at all. Still completely relaxing.

There are ways to make it a relaxing experience- but it certainly isn’t what Universal, its advertising or the guest had expected. A “different water park experience” is certainly true- but not in the good way ;)

Again- my experience- the Friday before Irma- is one that likely no one will ever replicate. It was a one time ever event. The only cabana, while every ride was open and all ride now. I never checked into a time.
But that allowed me to take in the park in a different light. The rock work is a given, as are the exposed slides and the views of I4. But what I got to see that many others likely didn’t was- The waterfalls everywhere are unprecedented in a water park. The music is great. The woodwork is also unprecedented.

I was telling my wife this morning that I couldn’t believe I did all three drop slides back to back to back. No wait. So I climbed those stairs three times within ~7 mins total time. That last climb my heart was pumping and I had to go hands to knees when I was a couple flights from the top. It was in that moment that I wished there were a few more people in the park. I’m ruined, as I’ll never wish for that ever again :D

I was there this weekend and did everything there with time to spare and walk over to Islands for a bit. Tap in at a ride, go enjoy the lazy river, ride, tap in, grab a snack, walk around, ride, tap in, wave pool, watch the story of volcano bay, ride, tap in, lunch, ride. Wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. I understand how people could get frustrated there, but if you’re mad you have to manage your time in a brand new park (it’s not unis 3rd park to me) then you might have a hard time enjoying any park at peak hours

If that’s all you wanted to do- VB certainly wouldn’t be a good choice. You could easily do that at one of the “secondary” pools at VB- but then what’d be the point.

The alternative is go the first couple hours and commando it- then grab lunch early- then go hang by a secondary pool and you’ll have ridden rides, eaten without a wait, and then gotten to relax- all while not having to use your Tapu Tapu at all. Still completely relaxing.

There are ways to make it a relaxing experience- but it certainly isn’t what Universal, its advertising or the guest had expected. A “different water park experience” is certainly true- but not in the good way ;)

Again- my experience- the Friday before Irma- is one that likely no one will ever replicate. It was a one time ever event. The only cabana, while every ride was open and all ride now. I never checked into a time.
But that allowed me to take in the park in a different light. The rock work is a given, as are the exposed slides and the views of I4. But what I got to see that many others likely didn’t was- The waterfalls everywhere are unprecedented in a water park. The music is great. The woodwork is also unprecedented.

I was telling my wife this morning that I couldn’t believe I did all three drop slides back to back to back. No wait. So I climbed those stairs three times within ~7 mins total time. That last climb my heart was pumping and I had to go hands to knees when I was a couple flights from the top. It was in that moment that I wished there were a few more people in the park. I’m ruined, as I’ll never wish for that ever again :D

I would imagine most people were either evacuating or getting prepared for the storm. Maybe i'll plan a trip around hurricane season and hope a giant dangerous storm comes.

Reactions: Andysol
... So I climbed those stairs three times within ~7mins ...
Please do you know how high / how many floors / storeys the climb is? I guess it varies depending on which slide.

I have seen the top of Krakatau is just above CBBR VB facing towers.