Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

How could you tell it was Platipus? I can't imagine they would use such a system on palms.

At Sapphire Falls a bunch of the trees on the guest house 2 side of the pool had enough mulch cleared away to notice the big ratchet strap/ winch thing. Then I started looking around for pieces of fence sticking out from around other trees. The big winch/ratchet had "platipus" stamped into the side

http://www.platipus.ae/uploads/images/Gallery/Gallery-Italian/Platipus_D-MAN_System.jpg

Volcano Bay opens to TMs starting on Sunday(!)...

We are excited to announce that the extended blockout period for Universal’s Volcano Bay will be lifted beginning Sunday, September 17. The following will be valid:

• UO ID badges
  • Team Member comp passes (Quarterly 3-Park passes and Limited Blockout Passes)
  • Special Guest IDs
  • Departmental blue cards
Team Member Comp Pass orders can now be placed in the Team Member Comp Pass System using Quarterly 3-Park passes and Limited Blockout Passes for dates beginning Sunday, September 17*. Blockout dates for future peak periods are being evaluated and will be communicated in advance.

Last edited:
These were actually there on the 14th, I just wasn't sure if they were new or not, they really don't do anything different then the old.
When I went they would undo when I wasn’t paying attention and fall off my arm in the fearless river. They probably are just so it’s more securely on your wrist

So, did they stop with the little rubber band thingys?
They didn't have them anywhere three days ago. I asked at the front and a concierge in the back. Both said they were all out. Of course I lost a band that day so figures. It is easy to get a replacement though. Still had the old style bands that day too

Anyone know when the serpentine slides will open back up? They've been down all week and my last day to do them is tomorrow.

How do they get your reserved virtual line replaced on a new replacement tapu?
They can see what you had and they put it in the new one. They have given me a bump in time too for the inconvienince before. On Thursday though it didn't matter. Everything was ride now except for the red drop slide. We had everything done before noon except the serpentine slides since they were down. We got in around 8:30. That's every different slide, so all four of the mat slides and all four of Teewana tubes we did once each too. I've never climbed that many stairs in a morning before. Fun day but we left by 2:00 to take a needed break.

So, did they stop with the little rubber band thingys?

Last time we went, they were supposed to have the rubber band thing, but the most we ever saw of it was one out of three bands, so maybe that did not work out well.

Did they just change the band? Just seems that would be easier than changing the whole system/manufacturer...but, from the pick, I have no clue why this one is different.

Last time we went, they were supposed to have the rubber band thing, but the most we ever saw of it was one out of three bands, so maybe that did not work out well.

Did they just change the band? Just seems that would be easier than changing the whole system/manufacturer...but, from the pick, I have no clue why this one is different.

I think the difference is the following: